Rifles | 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
22%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
6%
3 - Average
8%
4 - Good
28%
5 - Excellent
35%

Total votes: 193
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifles | 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by caledonianblues »

6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle
Technical perfection merged with classical elegance, the Blaser R8 offers the best of two worlds. The in-line repeating mechanism allows for a lightning fast succession of shots in a relaxed posture while the well-balanced weight distribution provides fast handling and quick target acquisition. The 6.5x55 "Swedish" cartridge packs unusually high penetration for it’s size and has very good accuracy with makes it an excellent round for long-range shooting at medium sized game.

See it here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
beamstas
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by beamstas »

My favourite rifle in the game.
Extremely quick follow up shots, incredibly accurate at long range with little scope sway. The lower damage is mitigated by being able to place shots exactly where you want them, this is the perfect rifle for ibex hunting.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

beamstas wrote:My favourite rifle in the game.
Extremely quick follow up shots, incredibly accurate at long range with little scope sway. The lower damage is mitigated by being able to place shots exactly where you want them, this is the perfect rifle for ibex hunting.
I'm AOK with this because it mimics my thoughts. I'm not into the Ibex much but love this for deer hunting. Starting to seriously rack up hours on it.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Maverick_2014 wrote:
beamstas wrote:My favourite rifle in the game.
I'm AOK with this because it mimics my thoughts. I'm not into the Ibex much but love this for deer hunting. Starting to seriously rack up hours on it.
Same as above.
One of my favorites. I love the action on this one.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Awesome rifle. My favorite Hirschfelden gun. Very suitable for multi kills.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Forgot to add - sounds amazing. A distinct "crack" that just says "jobs done..." :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I was intrigued by this rifle until I shot it.
Maybe it is me but very few red deer will drop on the spot unless I am lucky to have wobbled the shot into an insta-kill organ.

Rated "Poor"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Best looking rifle in the game. Powerful and very accurate. The high reloading speed makes it a must for any serious pigs hunter. I tried it several times in "the death's triangle" (friends knows what i am talking about) and decimated few wild boars herds.

Rated: Very good
Spoiler:

Finney
Tracker

Post by Finney »

Not a bad weapon, all purpose Deer gun. It shouldn't be your first choice in a Deer rifle but will do the job.

As like any weapon (in game) it's only as good as the shooters eye.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

The rifle itself is awesome.

Slightly outperforming the .270, it is the best deer rifle in my eyes. Allows for easy shot placement and takes down deer up to Red deer very reliably. Very quick reload speed.
Animation, graphical model and sound are awesome and the open sights a real beauty.
The limitations in species this gun is permitted for, especially that it is not permitted for foxes, are a let-down, though

The need to buy a gun-specific scope exclusively for this rifle and its ugly crosshairs are two additional minus points.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Store Item Reviews”