Rifles | 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
22%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
6%
3 - Average
8%
4 - Good
28%
5 - Excellent
35%

Total votes: 193
Jimmy3hand
Spotter

Re: Rifles | 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by Jimmy3hand »

Rated Excellent

I got this rifle on sale during this holiday event and I must say it is turning into my favorite weapon. It is extremely steady and I am only level 3 with it as I just got it. 95% of all the shots I have taken have dropped the animal on the spot. For Red Deer and the little piggies you need to hit a vial organ to drop it but considering how stable this gun is that is rarely a challenge.

Sounds and animations are one of my favorites too.

I have a feeling R8 and I will be very close in the years to come. I hope we get more Blaser weapons as they do make excellent guns.
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

Best handling rifle i've used. Reloading is quick and rifle stays steady, so you can keep the aim when reloading which makes follow up shots easy to take. Looks and sounds good as well. Voted good instead of exellent because scope is weak (difficult to get ID's even at 150m away), and limited list of ethical animals. Bigger scope and ethicals up to a moose and this would be great mid to big range rifle.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I like it, is in my Loadout for BRR, like everything about it really but NOTHING will in my opinion beat the 30R..... my personal favorite.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

In my opinion the R8 is one of the most beautiful rifles of the game but also in reality it is a weapon of excellent workmanship and very cool appearance, however, in addition to the probably excessive limitations of use that perhaps could be reviewed i do not find it particularly stable has in fact a certain tendency to oscillate and it is a pity because to be effective it still requires a good precision and it is not always easy to get, in any case I like it, very pleasant also the sound...
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Rated: Excellent

Pros
  • Best-in-class penetration and terminal performance
  • Light rifle and ammo weight
  • Relatively flat trajectory
  • Quick, cycling action
  • 5-round magazine
Cons
  • Only 2 optical options
  • Ammunition is only permitted to "Medium" game animals
Comments
As those hunter before me have stated, this is a superb rifle for it's class of medium-game rifles.
Compared to the .30-30 and .270, the Blaser R8 has better range and power that will anchor anything out to 200m+.

I suggest taking this platform into the Logger's Point, Hirshfelden, and Bushrangers Run reserves since it takes every animal found in these reserves.
If there will ever be a heavier bullet (150gr - 155gr) introduced for the 6.5x55 then this platform would truly be an "all-arounder" useful on more reserves.

Overall, an excellent deer/hog rifle!

Great on mule deer!
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”