Rifles | .223 Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
12%
1 - Very poor
8%
2 - Poor
14%
3 - Average
26%
4 - Good
26%
5 - Excellent
14%

Total votes: 168
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifles | .223 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by caledonianblues »

.223 Bolt Action Rifle
This handcrafted bolt action rifle is engineered with one thing in mind, to fire high velocity .223 rounds at small targets with incredible precision over great distances. The .223 lacks the power to take on big game such as Moose & Bear but excels when used vs. small game and varmint such as Fox & Coyote due to its superior accuracy. Additional benefits includes very low ammo capacity cost and the rare ability to hunt some bird species such as Turkey with a rifle.

See it here in the store.

See the marble version here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | .223 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by Knut »

Optically not appealing, in performance underwhelming and with a very limiting range of permitted species, this gun has only few points on the plus side. At least it can be equipped with a good range of available scopes.
Besides pushing the hunterscore or meeting mission & competition requirements there are not many reasons to buy this gun.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I like it, but there are not enough animals "in game" that it is ethical to shoot with. I really like it for fox, and I use it for roe also (but I really don't shoot many roe).
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

As said above, a short list of permitted animals you can kill with it.
Apart from the shotguns and the muzzleloaders, it is the only rifle you can kill turkey with.
That's the biggest pro for me.
It's good to kill fox and roe on long ranges. I rarely use it though.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Very nice weapon but as others are saying, it's sold well short because it's simply not versatile enough. If by any chance - as a "varmint" rifle - it can be extended for use on other species (rabbits?) it would certainly see more sunlight.

Get's an "average" purely for the limited use otherwise it would be good to excellent.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

To me they din't do this weapon justice It's a much more versatile rifle IRL but being that you only get one type of ammo to use a 40gr varmint limits it to much. Like the look of the rifle and the scope ops for it but its to limited in what you can hunt with it to justify buying it other then for mission or hunter score. This is one rifle i would take back from buying if i could. If it was more useful it get a higher rating but i have to rate it.

Rate Poor
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Very good comments so far and I can only concur.
I can only add that shooting turkeys brightens up the overall picture.

Rated "Average"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

When i saw it, for the first time, the reaction was "S..t! That's a toy gun!". I gave it a try and in second hunt i got a walking fox from 180+ meters. I was impressed by accuracy and kept using it for permitted species. I realized that is not so good for coyotes (unless a vital organ is hit, the dog survives in 90% of situations) or roe deer, but a great tool for foxes and turkeys. So, i tried to put it to the limits and see what happens. It happened that the "toy gun" gave me a place in Hall of Fame, in last season. :) Putting aside sentimental reasons, the limited number of permitted species and the look are not making it very appealing.

Rated: Average
Spoiler:

Finney
Tracker

Post by Finney »

Nice weapon miss-used (in game) to the limited species it is allowed to be used on. It is a must have for the collector. Great sound and a fun all around weapon to shoot.

As like any weapon (in game) it's only as good as the shooters eye.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

for turkey hunting can be essential for birds flying away at range but its limited ethical use make it a little used gun.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”