Rifles | 9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
10%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
12%
4 - Good
26%
5 - Excellent
48%

Total votes: 308
-I3
Tracker

Re: Rifles | 9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Post by -I3 »

Love this rifle, just bought it with the black friday sale. Hopefully i'm not plagued by the bug ^.^
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

I rated it "Good" rather than "Excellent" for the two reasons already listed many times: Weight and Wobble.
This powerhouse gets an unfortunate bad rap since the company has always seen fit to attach shooting skill to each and every weapon rather than the hunter model.
So as you use a weapon, that weapon gets less wobbly, your hunter gets no better at shooting. So your weapons learn how to shoot, not your hunter.
And this one because of it's hefty weight is saddled with arguably the worst weapon wobble in the game even at higher "weapon" skills.
Maybe if there was an overall "shooting" skill implemented across all weapons which could be increased at the "shooting ranges" and a secondary weapons skill for each weapon( A short learning curve since different weapons do behave differently) this great gun would see a lot more field time.
Jimmy3hand
Spotter

Post by Jimmy3hand »

Rated Average

Rifle seems bit under powered. It should be better or on par with .300 power-wise but it fails to deliver same time and time again. This rifle should be the scourge of WRR but unfortunately after few hours spent tracking wounded bison I decide to buy .45-70.
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

Hi everyone. I got the 9.3 soft grip woodland camo a while ago. Spent alot of time hunting Vdb and WRR (my shooting range for all weapons) and I absolutely hated it... Worst rifle in the game in terms of performance, never in my life have I had to track a wounded ibex until this rifle. And I hate the stainless barrel camo stock, IMO shiny rifles are for targets not hunting. BUT... I got the engraved version, and haven't put it down since, I love it. It looks and feels like the rifle that tamed Africa before the 375 came along. I still agree the penetration stats need a revamp by the Devs, it doesn't match its RL counterpart, I know I have one. Although it may not match or exceed the 300 it's does kill all the game besides bison with a single shot quickl, they never run far even with none fatal shots. Instant kills don't happen much at distance past 150m unless your aim is good. In a nut shell... I hated the standard version but because I love the engraved I have more faith in the caliber.... The best weapon is the one you like the most. BTW it is a killer pig and boar gun, but far the toughest game before bison
nicksynnz
Hunter

Post by nicksynnz »

I bought the "engraved" rifle and hoping it would be my main rifle... its OK but I decided to use my .300 win mag instead in the game which is more reliable. To be quite honest I am a little disappointed in this Anschutz rifle: I was expecting more from it.
krokenosterfant wrote: I got the engraved version, and haven't put it down since, I love it. It looks and feels like the rifle that tamed Africa before the 375 came along. I still agree the penetration stats need a revamp by the Devs, it doesn't match its RL counterpart, I know I have one.
It would appear you find the engraved one a better performance which surprises me as its the same rifle, just a different appearance. I agree with you the weapon needs to be aligned with its real life counterpart.
Что-то никогда не изменится
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

man i missed it during the holiday sale or i would have grabbed it. was told good things about it and i like the way it sounds(have heard others shooting it) i almost picked it up as my first bought weapon but went with the 308 instead, i know one day i will end up getting it for sure lol.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

That .308 was a misstake. I just got 250 kills with the 9.3. It has been collecting a lot of dust. It´s not quite as bad wobble wise now though as I levelled it a bit but for sure you need the tripod stand for it to have any real confidence in the precision of your sniping. But it does sound powerful and my whitetails never run far. Shot placement really don´t matter here ;)
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Voted 'average' because from the rifles with the same prey its only average. All 7mm and .300 perform better.
testbreaker
Tracker

Post by testbreaker »

I rated it good. It is a bit wobbly in crouching tiger, hidden dragon position, usually better handling when prone. In the tower you won't find too many better guns. Doesn't have the reach of the .300 or 7mm but most times you will kill what you are aiming at. And it sounds manly when you fire it.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Its a portable cannon. One of my favourite guns. Haven't took it out for a wile as I have new toys now. But still love it nonetheless.
Rated excellent.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”