Rifles | 9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
10%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
12%
4 - Good
26%
5 - Excellent
48%

Total votes: 308
Map1
Hunter

Re: Rifles | 9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Post by Map1 »

I got both of them and the Engraved one looks much better. Its very powerful and perfect for Big Animals like Moose or Brown Bears

I rated excellent 5 of 5 perfect
Pratze
Outfitter

Post by Pratze »

This is one of the best choises when you need a reliable powerful rifle with extraordinary knock down power for big game especially. It has its flaws at longer ranges because of the noticable bullet drop at long range shooting and the knockdown gets also weaker on the long distance shots. I usually take it out for hunting species like Brown Bear, Black Bear, Moose, Reindeer, Elk, Red Deer. For smaller permitted deer species you can run in trouble keeping your trophy intagrity at 100%. Definitly go for the engraved version in terms of looks.
I rated good because the rifle has more woble and weight which makes it harder to use.
silentbravo

Post by silentbravo »

I would have to agree with the description. The gun has amazing stopping power to a point, once you get out past 150m the knockdown and maybe even accuracy seems to start tapering off though. I would suggest using it on any big game at or under 150m for serious "hits like a truck" power though, and very fun to shoot as well. It has a very satisfying sound that makes it sound powerful. Pratze basically summed it up perfectly.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

One of my favorite rifle.
Effective at very long range, powerful , quick reload .
I use it on medium size game , like Ibex, roos, reindeers. Game that you cannot really call . So when you see them at a distance, this weapon will effectively draw a line between hunter and animal . Without a doubt , my rifle of choice for making those long drop on spots shots.

Rating : 5 out of 5 stars

Thank you

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TapChan
Spotter

Post by TapChan »

I damn love this rifle! It has some cons like wobbling and weight but the rest is more than excellent. I love the mag which allows to repeat bad shot or kill multiple targets. I love the way it sounds. I love 12x scope. But penetration and knock power are those who make me rate it as excellent. I remember that on beginning I really disliked .300 (for rate of fire when I was't really focusing on precise aiming) and when I bought 9,3x62 it changed everything. Very oftenly hitting whitetail doe's intestines meant drop down on spot. This isn't a rifle, it's a cannon compared to other ones. Also even big game can't run away too far when missed vital organs.

PS. Back in late 2013 when I joined TheHunter it was able to penetrate Moose's skull from the front and still there is no shoulderblade which can stop it.
Trylander

Post by Trylander »

My all time favorite weapon in any case.
This weapon is not a Rifle it's a freaky cannon that knocks out even the biggest Moose Bulls on any distance.
Yes this Rifle has some cons at 150m but in reality we dunno shoot much at this ranges.
So an excenlent weapon, it's gun and fun :)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

One of my favorite weapon too, put a 5 ;)
Milic
Outfitter

Post by Milic »

Excellent rifle! I have spent the most time in the game with it. Although 9,3x62mm lacks penetration it has in real life it is still good enough.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Not bad, I'd give it an average.

The excessive wobble is bad enough, but the skill increase bug keeping my skill locked at 2 makes it doubly worse. I really prefer the 8x57 regardless.
DavidGlerum

Post by DavidGlerum »

I really like the 9.3. It has a proper hunting rifle feel to it. I too am suffering from the skill reset bug. Over a 100 kills and still skill lvl 1.
Still, I take it out sometimes, especially in Hemmeldal when im hunting brown bears.
But I got so frustrated with the bug that I got the 8x57. Which feels like the little brother; it looks the same, it sounds alike, but it's just not as strong.
If they would finally fix the bug; it's the only rifle i'd bring in most reserves.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”