Rifles | 8x57 IS Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
15%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
10%
4 - Good
31%
5 - Excellent
41%

Total votes: 193
SloNeZ
Scout

Re: Rifles | 8x57 IS Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Post by SloNeZ »

While a fluorescent camouflage is an exercise in oxy-moronism this weapon never lets me down when I point it at something, anything it's allowed to beat up on.
Fast reload, very little sway, abundant accuracy and a punch like a young Mike Tyson, this gun is all business. Gives the 9.3 a run for its money while weighing and swaying less. Well worth the investment.
Rated excellent.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Bought it in a sale a while ago. Excellent weapon for the permitted species. Nice to use, good selection of scopes.
Looks nice and the sound is powerful.

Mostly used it for goats on brr and it did an outstanding job.

Rated excellent.
thewindiw
Scout

Post by thewindiw »

Although most find it ugly I actually kind of like the orange camo, it has nice iron sights and a good variety of scopes. Has enough knockdown power for anything I've shot at with it as well as I love the way my avatar works the bolt.

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Plenty good Kemosabe! Little brother of the 9.3 x 62, and a good and honorable little brother it is. Don't be concerned, the orange is easy to get used to. In fact, buy the matching jacket and hat and you'll be welcomed by all the fashionistas in your MP game. And when they see you drop a 500 kg bull elk in its tracks at 200 meters with it, they'll faun all over you like Kanye over Kim K's big @$$! If you can get it on sale combined with the 12x50mm scope, it is one of the best buys in the store. You certainly won't be disappointed when you hunt with it, I can absolutely assure you of that. A real stalwart!
Timohasan

Post by Timohasan »

I have both (9.3 x 62, 8x57) options in my closet. But each time a dilemma, which of the two to take me on a hunt. :(
Sometimes it's bad when there is a choice :)

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Nice alrounder, great sound and decent distance for midrange kills. It is however an extreme eyesore.
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

I like the looks of it and sound as well. Good selection of scopes and iron sights are ok but not as good as some other rifles, but does it's job. It has bit of wobble at low levels but not as much as 9.3x62 version. Bit underpowered to it's caliber, like all Anschütz rifles are in this game. Also I noticed when I was shooting Sitka deers at WRR with 9.3x62 and this one, that 8x57 was able to make a lung shots from +300 meters when 9.3x62 was only able to make a body shots. So it might be that 8x57 can maintain little more energy that it's big brother over long distances. Overall good allround rifle, thumbs up.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I love it mostly due to the nice varied selection of sights.
Code: Select all
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

In the old days it was not bad even if it has a tendency to dance not a little but today with the release of the last rifles does not stand comparison...I personally use it very rarely just to not forget to have bought it...
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

This rifle now has access to the 5.5-22x56mm Rifle Scope which is great!
Code: Select all

Return to “Store Item Reviews”