Rifles | .308 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
13%
1 - Very poor
9%
2 - Poor
13%
3 - Average
26%
4 - Good
27%
5 - Excellent
13%

Total votes: 219
DarkWolfLP2014

Re: Rifles | .308 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle

Post by DarkWolfLP2014 »

My buddy Bowman loves this friggin' gun. I want it myself for one reason, other then it being absolutely ridiculously loud. It kills all big game & no small game. Birds, rabbits, & foxes are a no go. Everything else is a go.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I like it quite a lot, but this is more due to the fact, that it is my go-to rifle for Timbergold, as it covers all non-bird species there. Also, it is better than the other .308 as it has a magazine and more importantly a wider selection of scopes. Rated good.
Code: Select all
Benny220502

Post by Benny220502 »

the rifle can be good vs its smaller allowed species, against things red deer size and above it CAN be effective but only if you aim for heart or spine. I personally prefer carrying the 340 and the 6.5 x 55 when hunting vdb and hemmedal

Rated: Average
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Complete trash for anything larger than Medium sized game.
Can't even brain shot a 80m Moose decoy at RFF Archery Range.
Last edited by Ravenousfox on August 25th, 2017, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

I agree with Ravenousfox. The .308 has zero penetration. There is a nosler mission that requires WT to be shot through the heart with a 308, have never struggled with a mission like that and it is all because of the rifle. Fine for ibex and bighorn, because that are soft and die easily but even whitetail at range is too much for it
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I don't have any trouble with the rifle? I shoot lots of red deer with it! But it's super great on goats (obviously) :)
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

First rifle I bought here back in the day and went for all allowed species with it.

Works very well on all goats, Roos and small deer (BT, WT, Roe). From my experience Elks and Reds need proper shot placement, boars and pigs and anything bigger than a Black Bear seems to be a very bad idea when shot beyond 70 meters as it very often results in very long tracking.

By its looks for me still one of the nicer looking guns here. Rated "Good".
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Havent used this as much but a good rifle for mid range deer. It's a shame really as it doesnt look half bad
Hunter.Glass

Post by Hunter.Glass »

This gun is not very good to me, Idk whether it's the red fiber optic sights, the thumbhole stock and how ugly the stock is to me, or the fact that the .308 caliber hits a deer and still runs,

HooCairs' review pretty much summed up my feelings for this rifle and almost all other rifles XD "The performance of the .300 is burned into my brain. When I shoot another rifle and expect an animal to go down and it still runs, I put that rifle away pretty fast." That is LITERALLY what I do, amen.

It's not recommended in my opinion because the .308 in general can't even hit the brain on a moose decoy. :| GARBAGE! (Unless you wanna hunt deer, then go ahead)
~Glass
Favorite Caliber: .300 - Favorite Species: Bear - Hunting Since: 2015 - PC: AMD 1500X, 12GB, 1050 Ti
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I got this as a bonus for my first membership. Used it a lot just due to that. The fast reload did make up for the lack of power but this was pre the trophy integrity and pay for ammunition era era. It was fun because you had to shoot a lot on moving targets ;)

Havent used it in years. Will use it again when I depleted the ammo for everything else :p

Return to “Store Item Reviews”