Rifles | .30-06 Lever Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
4%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
1%
3 - Average
3%
4 - Good
33%
5 - Excellent
57%

Total votes: 274
Inzen
Spotter

Re: Rifles | .30-06 Lever Action Rifle

Post by Inzen »

I ignored the dirty 30-06 for a long time, then I used it. Fast reload, great sound, looks fantastic, and if you can hit your target it is going to drop! I have been taking this with me for long range roo hunting and I am falling in love. Rated excellent
thewindiw
Scout

Post by thewindiw »

I managed to bag my first
NT with this... was a body shot but I didn't even worry bout 200m later found my trophy buck deader than a door nail.

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

Inzen wrote:I ignored the dirty 30-06 for a long time, then I used it. Fast reload, great sound, looks fantastic, and if you can hit your target it is going to drop! I have been taking this with me for long range roo hunting and I am falling in love. Rated excellent
An excellent rifle in the game and in real life. 30-06 is my go to rifle and it is the most used rifle of any caliber. Loadings from 110 grain bullets up to 220 grain. Will kill any game in North America. ;) :mrgreen:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

i havent even gotten the scope for it but i have the actual gun, the iron sights look just like those on a red ryder bb gun(bought it for a rat hunt, dont judge)
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

is it at least slightly better than the 30 30?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

kahuamp wrote:is it at least slightly better than the 30 30?
best damn gun in the game if you ask me - Think of it as a repeating 300 magnum. Seriously, before the 7mm's it was the best rifle and until bison, good for everything... but bison is not on the list. Certainly one of my favorites, I have the 30-30 and it's good for scaring birds is where I put it's strengths.
Looks at the votes- 91% good or excellent -we don't give credit where it's not due, it deserves those votes.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Radamus wrote:
best damn gun in the game if you ask me - Think of it as a repeating 300 magnum. Seriously, before the 7mm's it was the best rifle and until bison, good for everything... but bison is not on the list. Certainly one of my favorites, I have the 30-30 and it's good for scaring birds is where I put it's strengths.
Looks at the votes- 91% good or excellent -we don't give credit where it's not due, it deserves those votes.
this rifle is actually one of the strongest reasons why I'm considering to buy a membership.....
AngryBadger
Tracker

Post by AngryBadger »

This is a rifle I want very much, with this, the 243 and my 340 I should be good to go for any situation. Plus I hunt with a 30-06 in real life, being my first rifle it has a special place for me. That being said.....I think we need a 30-06 in a modern bolt action, Weatherby Vanguard, CZ 550, etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

kahuamp wrote:
Radamus wrote:
this rifle is actually one of the strongest reasons why I'm considering to buy a membership.....
Well, I'm a fan of the 06' IRL cause it's a big hammer and I've shot and reloaded for them over the years and I always get excited with something that uses a lot of powder to load :lol: ...When I first joined my first guns I bought were the .308 (again an emotional connection to the real thing) and the 30-06. Now when you're new and get a backpack but don't have all the pouches so space is limited - That weapon size is a big deal, and it continues to be but early on, it's important. So I needed something to kill all these other animals and I thought the 243 was a dud and only good for certain animals. We didn't have this cool review section in the forum at that time and being new I just lurked and read and afraid to ask anything (that would take a dramatic change soon enough) .. So I gambled on it because I thought, how cool it would be to have a real one like this. My summary - I'd buy it again tomorrow for twice as much, that simple for me.
You won't regret it, I can name several that you won't get this response out of me on but for now, excellent call and hope you decide you like this game enough to just dive on in, it works for most but not all. Best of luck~ PS
By the membership package and do what I did and spend more for the same things- It's just the best way to go and gives you the things you need to get a quick jump on the game and enjoying it. Nothing's more frustrated to come across all this new excitement and find you don't have this or that which would make a difference. Regrets are easy enough to find without intentional purpose :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

I bought this rifle a couple of hours ago. Managed to lung shoot a wild boar at 106 meters without scope and with level 1 XP.

Lucky shot it might have been, but this only reflects the weapon's qualities at longer ranges. It has become my favorite.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”