Rifles | .300 Bolt Action Rifle (4.55)

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
5%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
0%
3 - Average
4%
4 - Good
23%
5 - Excellent
65%

Total votes: 275
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifles | .300 Bolt Action Rifle (4.55)

Post by caledonianblues »

.300 Bolt Action Rifle
With a composite stock, sculpted cheekpiece and cold hammer forged barrel, the .300 bolt action is a classic hunting rifle for taking on big game animals. The .300 will take down deer with ease and is fantastic choice for big game like Elk and Moose. The explosive power of the .300 Magnum load affords great accuracy and power over great distances, making this a popular weapon among serious long range shooters.

See it here in the store.

See the winter camo version here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Last edited by caledonianblues on October 5th, 2014, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | .300 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by L3M182 »

its dog ugly, but there is no denying its an effective tool on everything we have to hunt now. Some people want it with a 5 shot magazine i like the fact its single shot as it gives it a more precision tool feel. Its 1 of the oldest rifles we have and i think it would be up there in a vote for community favorite
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Straight up powerful rifle. More than enough knockdown power at close and long range distances, particularly effective on all large game species. Being a single shot bolt action rifle, do not let the slower reload time deter you, as chances are pretty good that whatever you shot at in the first place is already down, and a follow up is not required. As L3M182 said, it's one of the games oldest weapons, and the Hammer certainly doesn't need to be pretty. A needed rifle in anyone's EHR cabinet!
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Straight up powerful rifle. More than enough knockdown power at close and long range distances, particularly effective on all large game species. Being a single shot bolt action rifle, do not let the slower reload time deter you, as chances are pretty good that whatever you shot at in the first place is already down, and a follow up is not required. As L3M182 said, it's one of the games oldest weapons, and the Hammer certainly doesn't need to be pretty. A needed rifle in anyone's EHR cabinet!
Well said.
Voted 'Excellent', hands down.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Straight up powerful rifle. More than enough knockdown power at close and long range distances, particularly effective on all large game species. Being a single shot bolt action rifle, do not let the slower reload time deter you, as chances are pretty good that whatever you shot at in the first place is already down, and a follow up is not required. As L3M182 said, it's one of the games oldest weapons, and the Hammer certainly doesn't need to be pretty. A needed rifle in anyone's EHR cabinet!
Can't say it better then this also rated it Excellent
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

The first choice for long range shooters.

Rated: Very good
Spoiler:

Akemaru
Outfitter

Post by Akemaru »

Excellent! It's my favorite rifle
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Excellent-Still the Chief.
Last edited by muldo on October 6th, 2014, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Great rifle my go to gun ATM.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

I might appear the outcast here but the 300 is a bit ho-hum for mine. When I can readily hit at 200m+ with 9.3 or 7mm, the "range" benefit is not that distinct an advantage to offset single shot.

You HAVE to hit straight, second shot doesn't exist :)

Return to “Store Item Reviews”