Rifles | .300 Bolt Action Rifle (4.55)

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
5%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
0%
3 - Average
4%
4 - Good
23%
5 - Excellent
65%

Total votes: 275
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Re: Rifles | .300 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by Sulfurblade »

Best gun in the game
Slatkus
Hunter

Post by Slatkus »

Excellent. Simply one of the best rifles in the game.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

one of my favorite rifles. Dont use it to often now, but back in the day when there were a lot less rifles available I took it to every hunt. Excellent
TapChan
Spotter

Post by TapChan »

Couldn't decide between Excellent and Good. I've chosen the second one. It's an excellent rifle while we speak about accuracy to knock power ratio, it's stable and oftenly let drop down Black Bear on spot by lung shot only, but the penetration is good only and rate of fire is just bad. It's excellent weapon but only for single target. Also it require precise aiming, because most oftenly shot cannot be corrected.
At RFF I use it currently as safety gun, .243 is main, weak weapon, Parker Python is for short range and here comes .300 - when it comes to kill a Black Bear it's just perfect. I'd rather take 9,3x62, but due to it's weight it's kind of impossible and .300 weight is suitable here.
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

1 shot 1 kill.
This gun hurts a lot. Droping animals dead on the spot at any range.
Owning this cannon makes you hunter p3nis a lot longer.
Jimmy3hand
Spotter

Post by Jimmy3hand »

Rated Excellent

Ugly Ugly Ugly but boy does it work. I don't use it as often as I actually feel it to be overpowered.
ZERGRUSHKEKE

Post by ZERGRUSHKEKE »

I picked this up yesterday because I was struggling against larger game and getting killshots. I find the .300 to be a lot more forgiving and its performance overall is great. While I usually like to stalk or draw them in as close as possible, having the ability to make a shot from range, is very satisfying.
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

Looks like Sandra Bernhart, old as Phyllis Diller, hits like Rhonda Rousey.
Before the advent of all the newer high power long range weapons you had two choices; Marathon tracking or the .300 Bolt Action Composite. It was basically a no brainer.
But even with all the choices we now have.. when I do occasionally bust out the ugly stick of death I still get a bit of a rush when I pull the trigger and see something drop in its tracks.
Ugly? Sure it is, but i don't want to make out with it, so who cares if she ain't that pretty. She doesn't disappoint.
The only downside is the whole reload sequence but that is with almost all the bolt actions in this game.
A 4 round magazine and one in the chamber with a quicker reload animation would make this old gal the belle of the ball again.
I voted Good only because of the reload, but it's still a great starter weapon especially once the weapon skill is over 5.
FHSdeer10
Spotter

Post by FHSdeer10 »

I do not like the .300 personally because of the slow reload and its bulky size. I feel like I am carrying a missile with me every time I go hunting, Not fun.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

One of the best all-rounders for deer and medium-heavy game, although I prefer the 7mm (I use the break action rifle, even though it is single shot) as a strong competitor, but the release of the new scope for the .300 may (afraid to admit, because I love the 7mm beauty) become my second favourite rifle. I doubt anything will beat my favourite .45-70.
All in all though, as a starter rifle/first purchase, I would have chosen the .300 if I could have started all over again.
Excellent choice for variety of game, at a great price, with a new high-zoom scope recently.
I give it 8/10 but as I mentioned, I'm kinda biased towards the 7mm

Return to “Store Item Reviews”