Rifles | .243 Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
1%
1 - Very poor
8%
2 - Poor
11%
3 - Average
32%
4 - Good
33%
5 - Excellent
16%

Total votes: 209
Prinz1989
Hunter

Re: Rifles | .243 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by Prinz1989 »

Jack.Grave wrote:.243 Winchester Bolt Action Rifle: First of all, this rifle is very unsuitable as begginer rifle for anything bigger than Roe deer. If hunting Deer (Mule, Whitetail or Blacktail) it is nececary to get close as possible, let say about 50 yards range (maximum). Any begginer will be hugely disappointed by lack of killing power in case poorly placed shot or if only single lung was hit. This rifle is very good for hunting vermin like fox and coyote at almost any range within render distance. It performs good while hunting other medium sized thin skinned game such as Alpine Ibex and last addition Red Roo up to 100 yards. Overall raing 3.5/5. Jack
I think the weapon has changed since you wrote this. I find it easy now to use this weapon on WT, BT, Mule ect. within 100m.
Wolftracker
Spotter

Post by Wolftracker »

Rated good, mostly out of nostalgic reasons. I use my .300 Mag nowdays, since it's allowed for coyote, all deer and Everything heavier.

But i still remember the Days when whiteheart Island was all there was in this game, and all you needed was the .243 W.

I also used to have one irl.

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

After the updates I would rate as excellent.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

Any bolt action rifle in the game that uses a "shoot, cycle bolt rearward, manually insert new bullet (despite having multiple bullets in the magazine), close the bolt, re-acquire target, fire, repeat" should be rated as poor. The animation is incorrect and kills the authenticity of using a bolt-action rifle.
piomarvado
Scout

Post by piomarvado »

Mule Deer em TT

Pontuação: 110.792

Valor de Abate : 88.505
Peso: 103.44 kg (228.04 lbs)
Hora do Abate: 2016-12-28 21:45 BRST
Tiros que Acertaram: 1
Distância do Tiro: 135.53m (444.65ft)
Armas Usadas:
Rifle de Ferrolho .243

He ran two spots
AngryBadger
Tracker

Post by AngryBadger »

I like the way it looks now, and for white tail and mule deer, I enjoy using it...However, it's really missing a 5 round magazine. I don't see that a rifle maker would produce a rifle that fires a cartridge the size of a 243 and make it single shot....
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Back in the day when the only reserve was Whitehart Island, mule deer were free species instead of WT ,and the info about the game was scarce, this rifle made me quit the game for many years......

My shots were never dropping the animal on the spot, and I had to track them for quite some distances.

Being used to the "bullet drop" from Deer Hunter 2005,and Hunting Unlimited,.. I was thinking that it was because of bullet drop, that the deer always fled. I was wondering if I was hitting them at all, or missing by a mile.....but who to ask about this game's functionalty?
there wasn't any forum, and only a few youtubers who would not explain much in their videos...

Pretty effective rifle for foxes, but not so much for deer......I recently shot a BT, broadside, from 63 meters.......he still ran for a bit before dropping......only penetrated the right lung apparently.

While most people may not agree with me, I rated this one "very poor" because I'm biased since back in the day.....I simply Hate IT!!
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

As a starter gun you do get one of the best looking non-premium rifles out there if you confirm your email. (black edition) The sound is not great. And impact wise its really capping its limit with mid range deer.
A great starter!
Essacksumra
Spotter

Post by Essacksumra »

A great beginer rifle, loved it since day one. Best thing about it is the challenge of proper shot placement for deer(WT,mule,BT,sitka) as it punishes you for a poorly placed shot.
:D
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

You know, back in the old times it was awful to look at, but now its one of the better looking rifles, and it does the job, you can hunt from bobcats to mid sized game, its only drawback is the "one shot bolt action" thing, that have a very positive side imho, at least for me it trained me to always keep in mind the best shot placement possible cuz there was no second shot to compensate, its a great trainer, so i give a rate of "good", not excellent because there is better ones, but for free and for the training part its good enough to me.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Store Item Reviews”