Anyone got a good spot for big male sambar deer?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Mattb85
Spotter

Anyone got a good spot for big male sambar deer?

Post by Mattb85 »

I'm trying to do "Resistance" and it's been a struggle to find males big enough. My spot yields tons of sambar, I've had as many as 8 come in at once. But I just got my first one after more than a week of trying. Still need two more and it's clear to me that my spot isn't good. I've only ever seen three deer over 180 at this spot.

Best place to slap down a tree stand for large 180+ sambar?

thank you
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Anyone got a good spot for big male sambar deer?

Post by HooCairs »

There are no places with better or worse stags. Only places with more or less. You have to keep going to places that yield many. Sooner or later the big stag will come.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

I get all Sambar mission done here apart from last one on beach. Start 1100. Time does make a difference here. You can use the small "palm tree" on co-ords given or the larger tree 15m from it.
Hunt for 1 hour game time then reset. Spray about 12m out. Bow work required.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

HooCairs wrote:There are no places with better or worse stags. Only places with more or less. You have to keep going to places that yield many. Sooner or later the big stag will come.
Was hoping it was like with buffalo, where there is an area to find the biggest males.
ogruls wrote:I get all Sambar mission done here apart from last one on beach. Start 1100. Time does make a difference here. You can use the small "palm tree" on co-ords given or the larger tree 15m from it.
Hunt for 1 hour game time then reset. Spray about 12m out. Bow work required.
Thank you, I will give it a try.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

I found a method that worked well. I have a tent next to my tree stand on "sambar mountain" and a tent down by the tunnel entrance on the train side. If I spawned at the tunnel entrance and then fast traveled to my tree stand, there would be LOADS of sambar deer in the area! This method is a little costly as you need camping supplies, but it got me the mission in about 5 games.

You want the other tent somewhat close or it will cost you 2 camping supplies per fast travel instead of one.

Return to “Missions”