Turkey mission.

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
shooter19522

Turkey mission.

Post by shooter19522 »

Hi,
Can anyone help with the 3rd Turkey mission please?
"Harvest a Male Turkey inside 9.14m"
Almost impossible to hide from them from a Treestand even from 25m so how do you get them in close?
Any help would be appreciated ... Thank you.
Andhii
Scout

Re: Turkey mission.

Post by Andhii »

Treestand should work, they can eventually spot you but not before they roam under the treestand for some minutes in my experience. A groundblind in an open spot like a road will work.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
shooter19522

Post by shooter19522 »

Andhii wrote:Treestand should work, they can eventually spot you but not before they roam under the treestand for some minutes in my experience. A groundblind in an open spot like a road will work.
Tried all you suggested Andhii, I have 3 treestands, 3 sets of decoys & a Ground blind as well but they still are spooking at over 20m away.
Even trying hiding in thick brush hasn't helped so far lol
shooter19522

Post by shooter19522 »

shooter19522 wrote:
Andhii wrote:Treestand should work, they can eventually spot you but not before they roam under the treestand for some minutes in my experience. A groundblind in an open spot like a road will work.
Tried all you suggested Andhii, I have 3 treestands, 3 sets of decoys & a Ground blind as well but they still are spooking at over 20m away.
edit:
Just got one in to 10m using a Ground blind & Decoys.
Thank you for the help :)
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

shooter19522 wrote:
Did you have a dog with you? There seems to be a bug where the turkey's will spook from around that distance if you have a dog with you. I've left the dog in the stay position out of sight and well over 50 meters away and the turkeys still fly off before they come all the way in.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
shooter19522

Post by shooter19522 »

mel_o_mel wrote:
shooter19522 wrote:
Did you have a dog with you? There seems to be a bug where the turkey's will spook from around that distance if you have a dog with you. I've left the dog in the stay position out of sight and well over 50 meters away and the turkeys still fly off before they come all the way in.
Yes, I had my dog with me below the Treestands & in the Blind beside me.
Turkeys eventually were coming right up to the Blind without spooking so there is no bug with using Blinds & Dogs anyway.

Return to “Missions”