Laura Francese - Closing in (Mission)

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
KoivuTheHab

Laura Francese - Closing in (Mission)

Post by KoivuTheHab »

The mission has the following info:

Harvest Red Deer from under 30.48 m (approx. 100 ft) with a Recurve Bow weighing at least 215.456 kg (approx. 475 lbs) and bringing in a score of at least 220 points. Stands, blinds and towers are not allowed.

After a few months of some close calls, usually the Red Deer falling just short in weight, I thought I finally had my arrow at *the* deer. Sadly the mission failed to pop and while the failure is a sob story for me personally, I'd like to figure out what exactly went wrong, so that this bug can be combed out.

My Red Deer was shot while it was walking with the Modern(!) Recurve Bow with Cupid Arrows(!) from a distance of 15.79m, with a score of 222.4349 and weighing in at a whopping 234.81kg. The arrow hit the body and I had to track the animal. The page indicates Platform: None - However I was in the vicinity of my Tripod Stand, having come down a few minutes prior to climb onto a low rock. A picture was taken with the animal in the position it was found, Max the Taxidermist was not needed.

The million dollar question - What went wrong and why? Is the problem programming, or wording?

I'll make a quick mention of this as I'm on the Translator team. The info is not grammatically correct, however I'm not authorized to correct the game's English language. If anyone out there is, they could make the correction.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Laura Francese - Closing in (Mission)

Post by HooCairs »

Cupid arrows are not allowed in bow competitions, so I can imagine they also don't count in missions.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Hard to say.....It could be that the Modern Recurve doesn't work for that mission since it came out after the mission was created. It could also be that Cupid arrows are not allowed since many things prohibit their use. In the future it's helpful if you provide a link the score sheet when asking questions like this so we an investigate the details of the harvest.
Personal Bests...
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I've tried this mission with cupid arrows and can confirm they do not work.

(Hey Koivu, the Habs are not doing so well this year eh? :lol: I couldn't resist... Oiler fan all the way here... :lol: but we're not doing much better.... :? Good hunting to you Saku!! Jimbo. :D )

Return to “Missions”