Mission control?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Jeepers

Mission control?

Post by Jeepers »

I am doing the shotgun mission ,specifically,diversity chapter.Are missions controlled to vary or unrealistically hinder success?I shot all 5 coyotes no issues shot first 4 blacktail no real issue then spent about 2hrs trying to get the last blacktail.Now on Turkeys and lol they don't get within 60M of my decoys before they spook.The last blacktail was the same, spook so easy half I never heard or seen.I even checked my clothes 3 times and scent blocker.Been playing long enough to know THIS IS NOT NORMAL.
jack30286
Tracker

Re: Mission control?

Post by jack30286 »

Don't bring the dog along for turkey hunts if you are using one.
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Nope. It can seem that way sometimes but not the case. I get the odd hunt like that where animals get extra spooky. Sometimes it is forgetting to change clothes before starting hunt, sometimes wind direction/scent and sometimes no known reason.

Just did 12 counts of affection the other day. In the past it has taken hours to do that mission, the other day did it in an hour. Sometimes it goes easier and sometimes harder.
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Well been doing Scope chapter mission so far I have spent several hours the first effort was awarded Near the end with the server giving me an error msg where I had to click got it.This time I have shot 5 black bears all shots over the required 60M and it has only accepted 2 of 3....all shot over the 60M.The first 1m was accepted the 2nd one nope 3rd was accepted and last 2 nope WTH? Do I give up and move on or keep killing lmao.Seriously I hate to quit.

I think the Shotgun missions have issues I can make gm$ faster than wasting my time on this.I don't recall this mission 3 years ago or 2 I can't remember but Never experienced any mission eating up my day for 1200 gm$ and 1800 GM$
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

I don't know about spookyness since that appears to be random from hunt to hunt, but spawns appear to be something else. When the last festival was on and I enabled the competition "Hunt the lowest scoring Brown Bear", nearly all the brown bears I encountered in that period were decent sized males scoring a good number of gm$, which is totally the opposite of the usual encounters. Similarly after I enabled the ptarmigan mission to harvest one less than whatever weight, my harvests were nearly all a good weight. On the final ptarmigan mission the opposite appears to be the case. It appears like activating any mission skews the spawn rate and values of the said animals out of the normally expected appearance rate and values. This often appears like you are being trolled hard. As a result I frequently just go hunt something else on another reserve or just stick to regular grinding whatever takes my fancy and maybe go back to the mission later. Anything with "harvest an animal scoring above/below" or "in the same hunt" is likely to be a trollfest that is best avoided unless you are up for the frustration.
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Ya I quit that mission and Today I go whitetail hunting for 2 weeks real life maybe when i get back I will attempt it again but if it is skewed i will move on.

Return to “Missions”