Axis Deer missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Andhii
Scout

Axis Deer missions

Post by Andhii »

1. Source the Herd
Spoiler:
Look, I'll square with ya, I'm not certain what I saw. So first, let's find out whether I saw anything. I was near Walkabout Creek Lodge, so start around there. Find me some spoor and we'll see what we're dealing with.
- ID 3 clues from different Deer (footprints, audio or droppings).

Rewards
100 gm$

2. Necropsy
Spoiler:
You found some? I'm not sure if I'm happy about that yet or not. Will they be harmful to our current ecosystem, I wonder? Let's find out what they eat.
- ID droppings from an Axis Deer.
- Spot an Axis Deer.
- Harvest an Axis Deer.

Rewards
200 gm$

3. Matching Pair
Spoiler:
You found what? So they browse from trees as well as eat grass... Looks like they'll like the Eastern half of the region, then. Get me a couple more, would ya? I want to make some size comparisons.
- Harvest a female Axis Deer.
- Harvest a male Axis Deer.

Rewards
300 gm$

4. Prime Sample
Spoiler:
Doc's not gonna believe this. Bushranger's finally got deer! Axis deer, wonder how they got here? Make sure you get us a mature adult, would ya, mate?
- Harvest a male Axis Deer scoring more than 130.

Rewards
400 gm$

5. Trophy Integrity
Spoiler:
Well, I expected bows to work. Try something else. Single shots for these trophies, we need to show them off at their best.
- Harvest an Axis Deer with a single shot using any .270 or .243 rifle.
- Harvest an Axis Deer with a single shot using any 6.5x55 rifle.

Rewards
600 gm$

6. The Shotgun Experiment
Spoiler:
Good job! How's the trophy integrity? Not bad at all. Let's see what a shotgun does to the little blighters. Don't want hunters complaining about the wrong kind of spots on their trophies, do we?
- Harvest a female Axis Deer with buckshot.
- Harvest a male Axis Deer with a slug.

Rewards
800 gm$

7. Common Ground
Spoiler:
Well, that didn't do too much damage to the hide. I saw a couple of funny colored ones while I was out walking this morning. Think you can get me one of each?
- Harvest a Dark male Axis Deer.
- Harvest an Orange female Axis Deer.

Rewards
1000 gm$

8. Skittish
Spoiler:
We need more information for hunters before Doc will let me advertise. I think some real hunting stats will do the trick. First, how hard are they to sneak up on? Test how well a bow works too while you're out there.
- Harvest an unspooked Axis Deer with any bow (no crossbows) from less than 25m (approx. 82 ft.).
- Harvest an Axis Deer with any bow (no crossbows) from more than 25m (approx. 82 ft.).

Rewards
1200 gm$

9. Taking Matters in Hand
Spoiler:
Great, hunters will have no problem with their base equipment. All right, let's up the ante. How do our handguns do on these cobbers?
- Harvest an Axis Deer with 10mm ammo from less than 30m. (approx. 98 ft.)
- Harvest an Axis Deer with a scoped handgun from more than 40m (approx. 131ft.).

Rewards
1800 gm$

10. The Beast of Bushranger Run
Spoiler:
Yep, we have enough deer to support hunting! Standard gear is fine. This is looking good. One last thing, hunter. Go out and get me the biggest Axis Deer you can find!
- Harvest a male Axis Deer weighing more than 95 kgs (approx. 209 lbs.) with a shot to the heart or lungs. Other organs may be hit.

Rewards
3600 gm$
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Axis Deer missions

Post by muldo »

Cheers Andhii, three in so far, going to start number 4.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Is this the official text of the missions? I ask because I don't see any "in the same hunt" requirements.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

jttoo wrote:Is this the official text of the missions? I ask because I don't see any "in the same hunt" requirements.
There are no such requirements in Axis Deer missions. I was surprised myself after passing them :D
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

jttoo wrote:Is this the official text of the missions? I ask because I don't see any "in the same hunt" requirements.
And there is not even an ending. Single player game. "Get the mighty Axis at the point with coordinates ...." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

When I finished the tasks for the first mission, game's engine didn't acknowledge as usual. I accidentaly looked again on the mission's tasks and I saw that the second one is open. This is a bug, it should have announced me that I finished it, right ? Maybe you fix that in the next patch, it will help others.

Update

It announced me after a minute, so no bug here, my bad.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

I'm trying to do "color" mission. Four dark bucks and zero orange does. Admittedly I had harvested only 30 deers total, so I probably just a little bit unlucky here, but still..Does anyone know how rare fur variants are?
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

herajika wrote:I'm trying to do "color" mission. Four dark bucks and zero orange does. Admittedly I had harvested only 30 deers total, so I probably just a little bit unlucky here, but still..Does anyone know how rare fur variants are?
Generally they are pretty common in most species. I have yet to hunt Axis since the added variants but I would think it would be akin to the fur variants for black bear or feral goats. If it's a little more rare like they have done with Puma it may take awhile.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

herajika wrote:I'm trying to do "color" mission. Four dark bucks and zero orange does. Admittedly I had harvested only 30 deers total, so I probably just a little bit unlucky here, but still..Does anyone know how rare fur variants are?
They are not considered as rare. While I did the missions i encountered 2 dark males and 2 orange females.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Two dark males bagged, still waiting to encounter my first orange female. Enjoying the hunting though.

Return to “Missions”