Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
EthanRanft
Tracker

Re: Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Post by EthanRanft »

The daily missions are clearly only for people that are able to hunt all species in the game, and have the time (or money) to keep the streak going. While I have the first, the latter I don’t. So I’ve never wasted any of my time on them. Even with the rewards now that require an absurd streak to attain, it’s not worth my time.

My suggestion is don’t bother with them, at best you get some unique clothes or a different skin on your gun. Unless of course you don’t mind being manipulated into playing the game every single day, or that’s just what you want to do anyway, which is totally fine. But I have other things in my life.

If you want Gm$, regular missions are way more lucrative as everyone knows. I wonder how much could’ve been made in the 12hrs spent looking for a male Puma. At worst, I’ll make at least 1000Gm$ per hour. And that’s not even just grinding the easy missions, I completed 508 before resetting.

Too bad I have to look at them every single time I hit the Missions tab, annoys the crap outta me
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

EthanRanft wrote:The daily missions are clearly only for people that are able to hunt all species in the game, and have the time (or money) to keep the streak going. While I have the first, the latter I don’t. So I’ve never wasted any of my time on them. Even with the rewards now that require an absurd streak to attain, it’s not worth my time.

My suggestion is don’t bother with them, at best you get some unique clothes or a different skin on your gun. Unless of course you don’t mind being manipulated into playing the game every single day, or that’s just what you want to do anyway, which is totally fine. But I have other things in my life.

If you want Gm$, regular missions are way more lucrative as everyone knows. I wonder how much could’ve been made in the 12hrs spent looking for a male Puma. At worst, I’ll make at least 1000Gm$ per hour. And that’s not even just grinding the easy missions, I completed 508 before resetting.

Too bad I have to look at them every single time I hit the Missions tab, annoys the crap outta me
I share similar feelings about the daily missions. Here's another way to look at it though. This is yet another way to earn GMs. I like to stack the daily missions with all the other missions I can activate on the same reserve I'm currently hunting. It's not my goal to keep a streak going at all costs. But if I'm going to hunt, the daily mission gets stacks on top of what I'm already doing. AND I let the current daily mission influence where I hunt next. It's kind of a nice surprise because I don't know what the next session is going to be. Once the new daily mission is available, nice! Pile on all the missions and comps I can and go have fun!

Think of it this way also, each daily mission 'cycle' is basically the same (100gm-100gm-100gm-500gm). They just repeat over and over. If you aren't hell bent on going for the special prizes as like a stinky carrot, and you just want to earn some extra gms on top of what you will already be earning, it's no big deal to break a streak in terms of gm earnings. If you can keep a short streak of five days going, that's enough to complete a cycle. And you can keep doing that without maintaining long streaks. And you can do that as much as your able to given your time constraints. Most daily missions are really easy anyway. These little missions may not be a lot of gms on their own. But stacking that with all your kills + plus other regular missions + maybe even comps you may win, it adds up. I don't think it has to be something you sink all your time into.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

EthanRanft wrote:The daily missions are clearly only for people that are able to hunt all species in the game, and have the time (or money) to keep the streak going.
Kinda true. Here is the initial idea of EW though. Not sure if they thought about the casual players that much.
EW when introducing Daily Missions wrote:This is a completely new mission system that we hope will provide you with extra entertainment, as well as give you one more way to earn gm$.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

jthib2978 wrote:
BaiPe6o wrote:You need just a long range caller to break a flock.
Lol, Ok, go do my mission of harvesting a male and female Gadwell with just a long range caller! You have 24 hours.....good luck, and let us know how you make out! :D
Lol, challenge accepted. I was able to break a lot of flocks and shot some ducks with just the long range caller! One of them was a male Gadwell. No decoys, no blind, no other callers! I don't even have a camo clothes for this reserve. Do I need a "90k+ GM setup in order to have a chance of breaking a flock"? No! Is it possible to harvest ducks using only a long range caller? Yes!
Spoiler:
jthib2978

Post by jthib2978 »

Well congrats! Seven ducks in 2 1/2 hours! You have much more patience than I do!

You would still need the female gadwell though, to accomplish the mission. ;)

(Please don't waste your time trying for the female. You've proven your point.)
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

Actually I concentrated the calling mainly for flocks with Gadwell. Unfortunately they are not many. The other ducks ware shot because I was not sure if they were Gadwell and just for fun. My point was we don't need so much investment for DMs it's mostly about time and patience. As you have probably seen I have almost no experience with ducks and despite that I would've been able to complete that mission if I had to.
Spoiler:
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
EthanRanft wrote:The daily missions are clearly only for people that are able to hunt all species in the game, and have the time (or money) to keep the streak going. While I have the first, the latter I don’t. So I’ve never wasted any of my time on them. Even with the rewards now that require an absurd streak to attain, it’s not worth my time.

I share similar feelings about the daily missions. Here's another way to look at it though. This is yet another way to earn GMs. I like to stack the daily missions with all the other missions I can activate on the same reserve I'm currently hunting. It's not my goal to keep a streak going at all costs. But if I'm going to hunt, the daily mission gets stacks on top of what I'm already doing. AND I let the current daily mission influence where I hunt next. It's kind of a nice surprise because I don't know what the next session is going to be. Once the new daily mission is available, nice! Pile on all the missions and comps I can and go have fun!

Think of it this way also, each daily mission 'cycle' is basically the same (100gm-100gm-100gm-500gm). They just repeat over and over. If you aren't hell bent on going for the special prizes as like a stinky carrot, and you just want to earn some extra gms on top of what you will already be earning, it's no big deal to break a streak in terms of gm earnings. If you can keep a short streak of five days going, that's enough to complete a cycle. And you can keep doing that without maintaining long streaks. And you can do that as much as your able to given your time constraints. Most daily missions are really easy anyway. These little missions may not be a lot of gms on their own. But stacking that with all your kills + plus other regular missions + maybe even comps you may win, it adds up. I don't think it has to be something you sink all your time into.
In 175 daily missions it is the second time I have lost the streak. The first with the boreal lynx and this with the puma. The gm$ I earn is 200, 500 and 2000. It is worth doing them even if they cost you a little time, but it would not be bad to balance a little too. With some daily and regular you can buy equipment to spare to continue doing. In my case the puma was not a matter of equipment, it is that directly there were no pumas to track except for the 4 females indicated. And that's where my complaint goes. With the regular missions you can buy equipment to face the daily ones and with these earn more money. Just a little balance in the missions that makes them viable for all players ( i have more to 5000 h. to the play)

En 175 misiones diarias es la segunda vez que pierdo la racha. La primera con el lince boreal y esta con el puma. Los gm$ que gano son 200, 500 y 2000. Merece la pena hacerlas aun aunque te cuesten un poco de tiempo, pero no estaría mal balancear un poco también. Con algunas diarias y regulares se puede comprar equipo de sobra para poder seguir haciendo. En mi caso del puma no era cuestión de equipo, es que directamente no había pumas que rastrear salvo las 4 hembras indicadas. Y por ahí va mi queja. Con las misiones regulares se puede comprar equipo para afrontar las diarias y con estas ganar mas dinero. Solo un poco de equilibrio en las misiones que las haga viables.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

ronin65 wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:

In 175 daily missions it is the second time I have lost the streak. The first with the boreal lynx and this with the puma. The gm$ I earn is 200, 500 and 2000. It is worth doing them even if they cost you a little time, but it would not be bad to balance a little too. With some daily and regular you can buy equipment to spare to continue doing. In my case the puma was not a matter of equipment, it is that directly there were no pumas to track except for the 4 females indicated. And that's where my complaint goes. With the regular missions you can buy equipment to face the daily ones and with these earn more money. Just a little balance in the missions that makes them viable for all players ( i have more to 5000 h. to the play)

En 175 misiones diarias es la segunda vez que pierdo la racha. La primera con el lince boreal y esta con el puma. Los gm$ que gano son 200, 500 y 2000. Merece la pena hacerlas aun aunque te cuesten un poco de tiempo, pero no estaría mal balancear un poco también. Con algunas diarias y regulares se puede comprar equipo de sobra para poder seguir haciendo. En mi caso del puma no era cuestión de equipo, es que directamente no había pumas que rastrear salvo las 4 hembras indicadas. Y por ahí va mi queja. Con las misiones regulares se puede comprar equipo para afrontar las diarias y con estas ganar mas dinero. Solo un poco de equilibrio en las misiones que las haga viables.
The "consistency" of maintaining a streak in the daily missions for a significant period of time, investing YOUR TIME into this game, is a heavier COST that has no price tag. It's really depends on the individual. Personally, I'd rather stack the extra little bit of gm earnings on top of what I'm already doing in the game and not marry myself to the game in terms of keeping a streak going which is a goal that has no tangible value to me even in this game.

What do you mean by, "i have more to 5000 h. to the play"? That's a big number.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

@Ronin64
And YES I understand your frustration with daily missions. You got this long streak going. You're invested in the game in this very specific way (daily missions), and inevitably occasionally a random mission comes up that you fail because the completion of some missions are not in your control. And we should anticipate this from the start before investing our time and energy into these things. I was simply trying to offer a way of approaching this that can lesson the disappointment of breaking a streak (very easy to do).
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
ronin65 wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:

The "consistency" of maintaining a streak in the daily missions for a significant period of time, investing YOUR TIME into this game, is a heavier COST that has no price tag. It's really depends on the individual. Personally, I'd rather stack the extra little bit of gm earnings on top of what I'm already doing in the game and not marry myself to the game in terms of keeping a streak going which is a goal that has no tangible value to me even in this game.

What do you mean by, "i have more to 5000 h. to the play"? That's a big number.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/tito ... xploration. Sorry. 5000 hours in game :)

Return to “Missions”