Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Re: Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Post by mel_o_mel »

Daily Missions are not for everyone--Not everyone's got the time or patience, but I've really enjoyed them overall.

I've completed all the regular missions and now I just do them to earn more gm$ for setting up my maps. So the Daily Missions are really a nice bonus for me. I look forward to seeing what the next day will bring and I usually plan my evening hunt around completing that mission. I also check check what regular missions and competitions I can do along with it.

I've missed one day because my internet was down and I used one of the re-starts I got from participating in an event to keep my streak I alive, and I still have one of those free re-starts available.

Once you get to the maximum earnings level you get 200 gm$ daily, 1000 every four days, and 2000 every sixteenth day to close out the cycle.

That's 7400 gm$ every 16 day cycle.

For an average daily earning of 462.5 gm$.

Throw in some extra em$ and some unique gear and it's a pretty good deal for a game I like to play every day anyway.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:I share similar feelings about the daily missions. Here's another way to look at it though. This is yet another way to earn GMs. I like to stack the daily missions with all the other missions I can activate on the same reserve I'm currently hunting. It's not my goal to keep a streak going at all costs. But if I'm going to hunt, the daily mission gets stacks on top of what I'm already doing. AND I let the current daily mission influence where I hunt next. It's kind of a nice surprise because I don't know what the next session is going to be. Once the new daily mission is available, nice! Pile on all the missions and comps I can and go have fun!

Think of it this way also, each daily mission 'cycle' is basically the same (100gm-100gm-100gm-500gm). They just repeat over and over. If you aren't hell bent on going for the special prizes as like a stinky carrot, and you just want to earn some extra gms on top of what you will already be earning, it's no big deal to break a streak in terms of gm earnings. If you can keep a short streak of five days going, that's enough to complete a cycle. And you can keep doing that without maintaining long streaks. And you can do that as much as your able to given your time constraints. Most daily missions are really easy anyway. These little missions may not be a lot of gms on their own. But stacking that with all your kills + plus other regular missions + maybe even comps you may win, it adds up. I don't think it has to be something you sink all your time into.
mel_o_mel wrote:Daily Missions are not for everyone--Not everyone's got the time or patience, but I've really enjoyed them overall.

I've completed all the regular missions and now I just do them to earn more gm$ for setting up my maps. So the Daily Missions are really a nice bonus for me. I look forward to seeing what the next day will bring and I usually plan my evening hunt around completing that mission. I also check check what regular missions and competitions I can do along with it.

I've missed one day because my internet was down and I used one of the re-starts I got from participating in an event to keep my streak I alive, and I still have one of those free re-starts available.

Once you get to the maximum earnings level you get 200 gm$ daily, 1000 every four days, and 2000 every sixteenth day to close out the cycle.

That's 7400 gm$ every 16 day cycle.

For an average daily earning of 462.5 gm$.

Throw in some extra em$ and some unique gear and it's a pretty good deal for a game I like to play every day anyway.
These are good points to consider, thank you for your perspectives
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Yep. Puma's daily missions could be pain in the back. I think I had two of them. First was spot a male puma which took me about 4 hours and second was today - spot male and female pumas. It took me 3+ hours. Puma is a little too rare for this daily to be consistent. Lynx is also rare, but since Hemmeldal is much smaller, its missions don't take as much time as puma's ones.
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:@Ronin64
And YES I understand your frustration with daily missions. You got this long streak going. You're invested in the game in this very specific way (daily missions), and inevitably occasionally a random mission comes up that you fail because the completion of some missions are not in your control. And we should anticipate this from the start before investing our time and energy into these things. I was simply trying to offer a way of approaching this that can lesson the disappointment of breaking a streak (very easy to do).
Thanks ;)
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

mel_o_mel wrote:The area I circled in the middle of the map
I can't see that image. Can you load it somewhere beside google?
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

EthanRanft wrote:
jttoo wrote:
mel_o_mel wrote:The area I circled in the middle of the map
I can't see that image. Can you load it somewhere beside google?
Ditto
The area I circled in the middle of the map is probably the most consistent. Where the road forks to the west of the tent, and the tiny lake to the east are both good places to set up stands too. I harvested over 30 Pumas during the summer event (and I never did get the heart shot on the dark red one - now that was frustrating).

So now I have imgur :D Hope it works better.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I love the daily missions! They've been an excellent way for me to earn gm$, I've explored areas and searched out animals I normally wouldn't. I haven't run into a single one yet that couldn't be accomplished either on my own, with help from a multi-player game, or (ugh) doing it a spawn-mashing way. These renew for me at 8pm my time. Twice I stayed up way too late to get it done, failed, went to bed and tried fresh the next day to succeed within 15 minutes. I've run into only a few 'harvest' rather than 'spot'... and that can make a big difference.

**The way to work these is to use different methods and not just hunt as you normally do.** Don't be shy about doing a MP game. Get 'the goal' accomplished, then your reward is doing a real hunt afterwards! :D
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

splainin2do wrote:I love the daily missions! They've been an excellent way for me to earn gm$, I've explored areas and searched out animals I normally wouldn't. I haven't run into a single one yet that couldn't be accomplished either on my own, with help from a multi-player game, or (ugh) doing it a spawn-mashing way. These renew for me at 8pm my time. Twice I stayed up way too late to get it done, failed, went to bed and tried fresh the next day to succeed within 15 minutes. I've run into only a few 'harvest' rather than 'spot'... and that can make a big difference.

**The way to work these is to use different methods and not just hunt as you normally do.** Don't be shy about doing a MP game. Get 'the goal' accomplished, then your reward is doing a real hunt afterwards! :D
Don't understand
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

ronin65 wrote:
splainin2do wrote:I love the daily missions! They've been an excellent way for me to earn gm$, I've explored areas and searched out animals I normally wouldn't. I haven't run into a single one yet that couldn't be accomplished either on my own, with help from a multi-player game, or (ugh) doing it a spawn-mashing way. These renew for me at 8pm my time. Twice I stayed up way too late to get it done, failed, went to bed and tried fresh the next day to succeed within 15 minutes. I've run into only a few 'harvest' rather than 'spot'... and that can make a big difference.

Don't understand
I didn't explain well. :)

Daily missions change for me at 8:00 PM (20:00) in my time zone. That means I have about 3 hours to complete them before it is time to go to sleep. I can usually get them done in a short amount of time, but I have had some I found difficult. If I have to go to work the next day, I may not get back on the computer after work to play until 7:00 PM. This give me perhaps another 1 hour to try and finish the mission . If I woke up a little earlier and tried before getting ready for work, I might be able to play for 15-30 minutes.

I have spent all night trying to complete a daily mission, but so far, I've only once had to try again the next day to complete it. When that happened, I was happy to be able to complete it very quickly.

The way I do these if I'm having trouble is that **If I don't see or hear the animal I need in the first 15 minutes or so, I may start a new game.** That will refresh all the animals (a new spawn), and hopefully I'll have better luck. If still no luck, I may restart it again for another new spawn of animals. Playing short games and restarting right away to try and get more/better animals- that's spawn-mashing. I always want to get my Daily Mission done, but I want to get it done as soon as I can so I can do other missions and competitions as well. :)

If the mission is to spot tracks or an animal, I will start a game as close as I can to the location where those animals are often found (look in the Wiki). Then, I'll run or walk around using a caller and looking for tracks. If the animal responds to the caller, I'll mark it on the Huntermate and go there for the tracks, or go in that direction and call it in to spot or harvest it.

Finding tracks is easier than spotting an animal, and spotting an animal is easier than harvesting one. I have joined multiplayer games and had help with finding the animal so I could then harvest it. Today's mission will be Day 135 for me. :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

splainin2do wrote:
ronin65 wrote:

Don't understand
I didn't explain well. :)

Daily missions change for me at 8:00 PM (20:00) in my time zone. That means I have about 3 hours to complete them before it is time to go to sleep. I can usually get them done in a short amount of time, but I have had some I found difficult. If I have to go to work the next day, I may not get back on the computer after work to play until 7:00 PM. This give me perhaps another 1 hour to try and finish the mission . If I woke up a little earlier and tried before getting ready for work, I might be able to play for 15-30 minutes.

I have spent all night trying to complete a daily mission, but so far, I've only once had to try again the next day to complete it. When that happened, I was happy to be able to complete it very quickly.

The way I do these if I'm having trouble is that **If I don't see or hear the animal I need in the first 15 minutes or so, I may start a new game.** That will refresh all the animals (a new spawn), and hopefully I'll have better luck. If still no luck, I may restart it again for another new spawn of animals. Playing short games and restarting right away to try and get more/better animals- that's spawn-mashing. I always want to get my Daily Mission done, but I want to get it done as soon as I can so I can do other missions and competitions as well. :)

If the mission is to spot tracks or an animal, I will start a game as close as I can to the location where those animals are often found (look in the Wiki). Then, I'll run or walk around using a caller and looking for tracks. If the animal responds to the caller, I'll mark it on the Huntermate and go there for the tracks, or go in that direction and call it in to spot or harvest it.

Finding tracks is easier than spotting an animal, and spotting an animal is easier than harvesting one. I have joined multiplayer games and had help with finding the animal so I could then harvest it. Today's mission will be Day 135 for me. :)

:D That was some good Splainin you did right there :D
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)

Return to “Missions”