Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
ronin65
Scout

Re: Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Post by ronin65 »

curlyCoyote wrote:Would it be possible for you to harvest a male puma that someone else shot? I can quickly start a server and kill a male puma for you.
Thank you. The mission ended and the daily streak was broken. It doesn't matter too much, but I think missions should be difficult, but not to spend up to 12 hours without getting results.

Gracias. La mision termino y la racha diaria se rompio. No tiene demasiada importancia, pero creo que las misiones deben ser dificiles, pero no para dedicarles hasta 12 horas sin obtener resultados
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

curlyCoyote wrote:Edit: Looking at the hunt history it looks like his daily expired as of the time I am writing this, sorry that I didn't see this post earlier, I could of helped, now I feel bad.
Don't feel bad in any way, please. When I opened the thread and wrote the first post, I had finished the daily mission and there was no solution. I was hunting until the last second

No te sientas mal de ninguna manera , por favor. Cuando abrí el hilo y escribí el primer postya habia terminado la mision diaria y no habia solucion. Estuve cazando hasta el ultimo segundo
jthib2978

Post by jthib2978 »

I had the hard mission of harvesting two Gadwell ducks the other day, which I obviously failed, as I don't have 100k GMs stored away with which to set up a duck hunting setup. Even if I had the setup, I read that Gadwell are the least likely to break and are rare to begin with. What an impossible mission.

I guess the intent of these daily missions is for them to be a money sink for players to waste their hard earned GMs on Resume mission tickets. It certainly isn't intended to incentivize play, as otherwise these would not be so punishing.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

jthib2978 wrote:I had the hard mission of harvesting two Gadwell ducks the other day, which I obviously failed, as I don't have 100k GMs stored away with which to set up a duck hunting setup. Even if I had the setup, I read that Gadwell are the least likely to break and are rare to begin with. What an impossible mission.

I guess the intent of these daily missions is for them to be a money sink for players to waste their hard earned GMs on Resume mission tickets. It certainly isn't intended to incentivize play, as otherwise these would not be so punishing.
That's when you find someone running a multiplayer map on the Bayou to join. Posting on the forum if you can't find one and someone will likely open one up for you. Gadwall are not so rare if setup right, I killed 42 today.

Edit: FYI, with a full duck setup for max attraction for all species (24 mallard, 12 black duck, 12 pintail, 12 gadwall decoys), today's take was 82 Mallard, 51 Northern Pintail, 41 American Black Duck, 42 Gadwall. This was spread over 5 hunts. The ratio can change from hunt to hunt. Sometimes you get a lot of one or two species and little of the others and those species can change, sometimes it is more balanced.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

ronin65 wrote:Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

More than 12 hours to try to do the mission and it has not been possible. Only 3 females hunted and 5 females tracked in more than 12 hours of expedition. It's one thing to make it difficult and another to make it impossible. Counting on the day having 24 hours and 8 are for sleeping, there are 16 hours left for other things. Of which I have spent 12 hours to try to capture. It's not that I couldn't hunt it, it's that there weren't even male tracks.

Mision diaria: cazar puma macho. Imposible

Mas de 12 horas para intentar hacer la misión y no ha sido posible. Solo 3 hembras cazadas y 5 hembras rastreadas en más de 12 horas de expedición. Una cosa es que sea difícil y otra es imposible. Contando con que el día tiene 24 horas y 8 son para dormir, quedan 16 horas para otras cosas. De las cuales he gastado 12 horas para intentar la captura. No es que no lo haya podido cazar, es que ni siquiera había pistas de machos.
Have you tried attracting them? If you didn't try using all the available attractants that may be why you weren't able to complete it.
Tracking animals is always the much longer way of finding and even seeing them. Especially predators in the game, especially predator cats.
They do make some missions pretty difficult to complete but I've never come across one that was impossible. When I had difficulty completing a mission it was usually something I was doing causing it to be difficult. Changing the way I was going about it made completing it and getting the reward much easier and quicker.
Try attracting them. Use the electronic caller.
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

Bort wrote:

More than 12 hours to try to do the mission and it has not been possible. Only 3 females hunted and 5 females tracked in more than 12 hours of expedition. It's one thing to make it difficult and another to make it impossible. Counting on the day having 24 hours and 8 are for sleeping, there are 16 hours left for other things. Of which I have spent 12 hours to try to capture. It's not that I couldn't hunt it, it's that there weren't even male tracks.

Mas de 12 horas para intentar hacer la misión y no ha sido posible. Solo 3 hembras cazadas y 5 hembras rastreadas en más de 12 horas de expedición. Una cosa es que sea difícil y otra es imposible. Contando con que el día tiene 24 horas y 8 son para dormir, quedan 16 horas para otras cosas. De las cuales he gastado 12 horas para intentar la captura. No es que no lo haya podido cazar, es que ni siquiera había pistas de machos.
Have you tried attracting them? If you didn't try using all the available attractants that may be why you weren't able to complete it.
Tracking animals is always the much longer way of finding and even seeing them. Especially predators in the game, especially predator cats.
They do make some missions pretty difficult to complete but I've never come across one that was impossible. When I had difficulty completing a mission it was usually something I was doing causing it to be difficult. Changing the way I was going about it made completing it and getting the reward much easier and quicker.
Try attracting them. Use the electronic caller.
Of course, I use the electronic call, the lure for predators, and even the urine attractant for pumas. But to annoy even more, one of the females I hunted didn't stop roaring and never approached. After a while of starting to roar (more than 30 minutes of real time where I heard her roar but the signal did not move) I had to go hunting her at a very short distance. I also use the odor reducer

Claro que uso la llamada electronica, el señuelo para depredadores, y hasta el atrayente de orina para pumas. Pero para fastidiar aun más, una de las hembras que cacé no dejó de rugir y nunca se acercó. Al rato de empezar a rugir ( más de 30 minutos de tiempo real donde la escuchaba rugir pero no se movia la señal) tuve que ir a cazarla a muy corta distancia. Tambien uso el reductor de olor
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

I feel your pain, happened me also, twice, both during hard missions. I have work and a family so only able to “hunt” in my spare time, but noticed that during these missions a male puma is hard to find. Last week it cost me losing my streak (90 days in a row) and had to buy me a resume streak card (3400 gm)
;)
Spoiler:
jthib2978

Post by jthib2978 »

Whomever made this mission generator must not have played this game much because many of the mission difficulty ratings are way out of whack. Either that or they have played the game so much that they forget how difficult things are for low skilled, poorly equipped newbies. Perhaps the missions should be scaled per the players hunting score. That would go a long way towards easing the difficulty for newbies while providing some challenge for the more experienced hunters.

The task of spotting a particular sex of an uncallable animal is NOT an 'easy' mission. 'Spotting' is equivalent to hunting the animal down and harvesting it. If you can spot it you can likely shoot it. Until you have the skill to determine the sex of an animal track, these types of missions can be very challenging. None of these missions should involve ducks where you need a 90K+ GM setup in order to have a chance of breaking a flock. Multiplayer is not the solution for ducks, IMHO, as I would never want to impose my daily mission problem on someone else.
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

jthib2978 wrote:None of these missions should involve ducks where you need a 90K+ GM setup in order to have a chance of breaking a flock.
With all the respect to your opinion, I can't agree with that. You need just a long range caller to break a flock. Yes, the duck missions are hard to complete and time consuming but they can be done even by no waterfall hunters like me with minimum investment.
Spoiler:
jthib2978

Post by jthib2978 »

BaiPe6o wrote:You need just a long range caller to break a flock.
Lol, Ok, go do my mission of harvesting a male and female Gadwell with just a long range caller! You have 24 hours.....good luck, and let us know how you make out! :D

Return to “Missions”