Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

More than 12 hours to try to do the mission and it has not been possible. Only 3 females hunted and 5 females tracked in more than 12 hours of expedition. It's one thing to make it difficult and another to make it impossible. Counting on the day having 24 hours and 8 are for sleeping, there are 16 hours left for other things. Of which I have spent 12 hours to try to capture. It's not that I couldn't hunt it, it's that there weren't even male tracks.

Mision diaria: cazar puma macho. Imposible

Mas de 12 horas para intentar hacer la misión y no ha sido posible. Solo 3 hembras cazadas y 5 hembras rastreadas en más de 12 horas de expedición. Una cosa es que sea difícil y otra es imposible. Contando con que el día tiene 24 horas y 8 son para dormir, quedan 16 horas para otras cosas. De las cuales he gastado 12 horas para intentar la captura. No es que no lo haya podido cazar, es que ni siquiera había pistas de machos.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

That sounds like a crap daily mission to be presented. I've been dabbling in daily missions lately to earn some extra gms. Never the less, it's clear to me that daily missions are a BAD DEAL for the player. I have strong doubts that players would actually stay in the positive earnings and still keep streaks going. It looks like it's setup so you're forced to purchase the "resume streak" card to keep streaks alive. I wasn't fond of this feature from the start because it smells fishy. For me, I'll play these missions like I say for a bit of extra gm's, but I'm not going to make it my mission to keep streaks going. If I don't like a mission I'll let it go.
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

ronin65 wrote:Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible
If you have a pointer dog and you use it in the mountains, that mission would take about 30 minutes.
About the profit from the DMs, I already got the muddy girl and I'm gonna use my second resume steak card which I got for free from an event. So I definitely have a positive earnings like many others I believe. ;)
Spoiler:
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

BaiPe6o wrote:
ronin65 wrote:Daily mission: to hunt male puma. Impossible
If you have a pointer dog and you use it in the mountains, that mission would take about 30 minutes.
About the profit from the DMs, I already got the muddy girl and I'm gonna use my second resume steak card which I got for free from an event. So I definitely have a positive earnings like many others I believe. ;)
The pointer still lacks training and level (lvl28) to be able to track felines (lv 35). In fact, that's what a friend recommended to me. What I am not very clear about is how the dog is used with the puma. Apparently, the dog is given the order to track felines and is allowed to move away quite a few meters (more than 100). However I gave him the order to track birds and he only moved about 20 or 30 meters away.

Al pointer aun le falta entrenamiento y nivel para poder rastrear felinos. De hecho, eso mismo me recomendó un amigo. Lo que no tengo muy claro es como se usa el perro con el puma. Al parecer, se le da la orden al perro de rastrear felinos y se le deja que se aleje bastantes metros (mas de 100). No obstante le di la orden de rastrear aves y solo se alejaba unos 20 o 30 metros
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:That sounds like a crap daily mission to be presented. I've been dabbling in daily missions lately to earn some extra gms. Never the less, it's clear to me that daily missions are a BAD DEAL for the player. I have strong doubts that players would actually stay in the positive earnings and still keep streaks going. It looks like it's setup so you're forced to purchase the "resume streak" card to keep streaks alive. I wasn't fond of this feature from the start because it smells fishy. For me, I'll play these missions like I say for a bit of extra gm's, but I'm not going to make it my mission to keep streaks going. If I don't like a mission I'll let it go.

It may be that there is something strange, I have also thought about it. Although many missions are passed in a very short time. It's the second time I've broken the streak, the first with a boreal lynx. But the benefits are twice as much as if the streak is maintained. I spent more than 12 real hours hunting and nothing. I will train the dog to be able to track felines
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/tito ... cs/history
2021-09-04 23:41 18m 45s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 23:18 22m 11s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 22:44 33m 19s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 22:10 34m 32s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 20:50 1h 19m 23s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 20:44 5m 26s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 20:21 21m 33s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 1
2021-09-04 20:06 14m 16s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 19:53 11m 30s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 19:37 16m 01s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 19:05 31m 05s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 18:35 29m 33s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 12:46 5h 4m 10s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 2
2021-09-04 11:53 52m 44s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 11:02 49m 54s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0
2021-09-04 10:26 35m 28s Timbergold Trails Tent 0 0

Puede ser que exista algo raro. Aunque muchas misiones se pasan en muy poco tiempo. Es la segunda vez que rompo la racha, la primera con un lince boreal. Pero los beneficios son el doble que si se mantiene la racha. Estuve más de 12 horas reales de caceria y nada. Entrenaré el perro para poder rastrear felinos
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Would it be possible for you to harvest a male puma that someone else shot? I can quickly start a server and kill a male puma for you.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

curlyCoyote wrote:Would it be possible for you to harvest a male puma that someone else shot? I can quickly start a server and kill a male puma for you.
According to the wiki, this isn't possible in the daily mission even though you could do that if it were a regular mission.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

There has to be something I can do to help out, maybe I can go hunting and if i see a male i send him a pm with password?
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

curlyCoyote wrote:There has to be something I can do to help out, maybe I can go hunting and if i see a male i send him a pm with password?
That may work, I don't see why not. The only difference I'm aware of is another player can't shoot an animal for another player in daily mission.

Wiki:
Differences to Regular Missions

-Regular Missions must be activated. This can be done during a running game. Daily missions automatically activate every day.
-Other players can shoot animals in regular missions and let you harvest the animal for the mission completion. This does not work in daily missions.
-All players have the same regular missions. Daily missions are random and different from player to player.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Edit: Looking at the hunt history it looks like his daily expired as of the time I am writing this, sorry that I didn't see this post earlier, I could of helped, now I feel bad.

Return to “Missions”