Final Feral Hog Mission

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
BREEDE

Final Feral Hog Mission

Post by BREEDE »

I would like to know, if possible. just how to go about hunting this Hog.
I have been under the bridge around the bridge, both sides up and down and have yet to spot anything remotely similar to what it is asking for in this hunt.
I have hunted early , mid day, and late evening. No such hog !!!!
Have used callers, scent and even a feeder. Still no such female hog matching the description as to what us needed to complete the final mission
Any advice will be most welcome and definitely appreciated.

Thanks
BREEDE
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Final Feral Hog Mission

Post by JimboCrow »

BREEDE wrote:I would like to know, if possible. just how to go about hunting this Hog.
I have been under the bridge around the bridge, both sides up and down and have yet to spot anything remotely similar to what it is asking for in this hunt.
I have hunted early , mid day, and late evening. No such hog !!!!
Have used callers, scent and even a feeder. Still no such female hog matching the description as to what us needed to complete the final mission
Any advice will be most welcome and definitely appreciated.

Thanks
BREEDE
If you have a tent place it under the bridge. Then start your hunt at that tent, it doesn't matter what time. If you have one, use your hog squealer: she will be nearby and will answer.

Otherwise you need to run all the way there from the lodge, and by the time you get there she will have already wandered off. Then you have to find her tracks and follow them to catch up to her. It's much easier starting right there with a tent.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Make sure your playing a single player game or she won't spawn.
BREEDE

Post by BREEDE »

I am playing single player , see several males matching description just no sows ,
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I just did this mission this morning and it didn't take me long to do after setting up for it.
The "Queen" we need to harvest is always going to be a Piebald pig. If you haven't seen one and don't know what Piebald is it's a color variation:

This is the Canyon area highlighted in the red circle:

She spawns in that area, in the canyon in the deepest part somewhere.
In a previous game I placed a tent somewhere about where the X is in the canyon, restarted a new game starting at the Field Lodge, fast travelled to the tent, and as soon as the screen loaded she was squealing about 50m to my right. I used the squealer and called her closer and took her out with a slug. I think it took me all of 5 minutes to complete it doing it that way.

If you're not already aware it's not advised to spawn in a tent that's placed where animals are. Spawn at a lodge and fast travel to tents. The game is coded so animals are not in the area of where we spawn.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Bort wrote:If you're not already aware it's not advised to spawn in a tent that's placed where animals are. Spawn at a lodge and fast travel to tents. The game is coded so animals are not in the area of where we spawn.
The general rule that animals do not spawn near a tent where you spawn does not hold true for these special "Boss" missions. If you put a tent there and spawn at it, the animal will be there too, always. For these "final" missions of the "Single Player Only" variety, there is no need to spawn elsewhere and then fast travel. It's just a waste of camping supplies. I have done this mission, and all of the others just like it, at least 5 times this way.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I'll try that out next time I get to one of those missions. The only one I know of like that I have left to do is the last coyote mission and I've never done that one before. If you know where it spawns other than 'near the stones' like the mission text says I'll try it with that one.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Bort, for that mission I have a tent 200m north of the stones, spawn in, and walk south to about 75m from the stones. I then crouch walk to the base of the high point overlooking the middle area, and crawl to the top. The lone male coyote is then visible to the south. You will probably get an audio call from one of the females, but it is the lone male that you want to shoot.
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

For the coyote mission I put a tree stand on the Western part of the outer stones overlooking the area, and a tent 250m on the road South. Walked, crouched and crawled to the stand. There were about 5 coyotes pacing around the area. The only male was the one I took out with a snakebite. I stuck around for a while and decided to take out some of the females after stalking them and trolling them with the caller. For some reason the two females I took out with the bow scored zero CSS, which I thought odd since female coyotes normally score a small nominal figure, so I accepted the main kill and ended the mission.

The hog one I had a tent 250m+ or so North of the canyon, and the hog called as soon as I got to the bridge, which made it easy as it was out in the open.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Bort wrote:I'll try that out next time I get to one of those missions. The only one I know of like that I have left to do is the last coyote mission and I've never done that one before. If you know where it spawns other than 'near the stones' like the mission text says I'll try it with that one.
jttoo wrote:Bort, for that mission I have a tent 200m north of the stones, spawn in, and walk south to about 75m from the stones. I then crouch walk to the base of the high point overlooking the middle area, and crawl to the top. The lone male coyote is then visible to the south. You will probably get an audio call from one of the females, but it is the lone male that you want to shoot.
I have a tent right in the middle of the road just west of the Awi'Usdi Stones. The big male and his beyotches always spawn at the east end of the "Stone's valley." I have a deployable tower built right at the top of the first hill (walking east from spawning at my tent on the road,) and I can crawl up, climb in, and see the whole valley including each individual coyote for that mission. The one you are looking for is the only male in the group, so he's easy to pick out and plough before the girls scatter. The whole pack just keep circling around and around and around until you fire a shot. And when I'm not doing that particular mission it's a perfect spot for piling up Blacktail bucks and Turkey toms, with the occasional nosey Roosey bull sniffing around as well. Good Hunting to you both!!

Return to “Missions”