100% Harvest Value For A Moose With Arrow: Is It Possible?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: 100% Harvest Value For A Moose With Arrow: Is It Possible?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Bort wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Another factor is the combination of distance and weapon power. With weapon X you can get 95% at 30 yards and 100% at 50 yards. Or you may get 95% on a small doe at 50 yards and 100% on a larger buck at the same distance. It is more noticeable with bigger rifles but the crossbows are also noted for their hard hitting and maximum penetration. Try shooting a bit further away from the tower, I.E. dont wait until they are so close.
That's interesting. Are you saying further distance increasing my chance of getting max harvest value? I need to brush up on the wiki again.
If you're trying to complete that mission with archery weapons I don't suggest following that advice. Rifles, I would agree. I don't count on rifle shots being accurate every time under 60m using a scope. They're more accurate between 80 and 250m. They're designed for longer shots. Archery is designed for, and only capable of, shorter distances. It's nearly impossible to shoot an arrow accurately over 80m in the game.

Real life, yeah, it's not that hard to be accurate consistently with archery. It is difficult to do and be consistent with in the game without a lot of practice.
I've completed the mission using the 7mm. Took a female at 46 meters. Heart shot.
I got one with a slug at 100% but I forgot about the 'from a tower' requirement.
Well, for this mission I was packing my 223 auto for the fox mission, and that left me with the reverse draw for harvesting reindeer for the second to last travel mission with a bow or crossbow of any type (completed now). That's why I attempted to do the moose at the towers along my journey in the east for 3 fox. Even still, I should have got 100% harvest value for my heart + lung shots. I'm suspecting why I didn't is either 1) if close range damages the trophy integrity in some way or 2) as Hoo was saying it could have something to do with slow computer? Whatever the case, I'm finishing the job with a rifle next time.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
Well, for this mission I was packing my 223 auto for the fox mission, and that left me with the reverse draw for harvesting reindeer for the second to last travel mission with a bow or crossbow of any type (completed now). That's why I attempted to do the moose at the towers along my journey in the east for 3 fox. Even still, I should have got 100% harvest value for my heart + lung shots. I'm suspecting why I didn't is either 1) if close range damages the trophy integrity in some way or 2) as Hoo was saying it could have something to do with slow computer? Whatever the case, I'm finishing the job with a rifle next time.

I see! Thanks for explaining. Everyone does that, try to do multiple missions during the same hunt. Sometimes *this* mission doesn't mix with *that* one. That may be the case with this situation. Sometimes it's just difficult to get 100% harvests. I've shot animals that were bedding, sleeping, and didn't get 100% harvest because, oddly (they're coded that way I guess), they got up and took a step or 2 before falling back down = 0.0# wound time = not 100% harvest.

Slow computer? I don't agree with that. Communication whoopsies that happen to all connections regardless of how fast they are happen. If you have an unreliable connection like DSL that might be a variable that causes you to not get 100% harvests when you should.
The game was released ~12 years ago in 2009. Everyone should have a computer more than capable of running this game in 2021.

Did you get both the travel and the boone mission completed?
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

I’m finishing up the last travel mission on hemmeldal. The b&c moose tower mission I’m going to do on WRR. I like the views there for calling in moose and Sitka. My next roe, and fox I’m going to do at Val de bois.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:I’m finishing up the last travel mission on hemmeldal. The b&c moose tower mission I’m going to do on WRR. I like the views there for calling in moose and Sitka. My next roe, and fox I’m going to do at Val de bois.
Cheers! Good luck!
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Bort wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:I’m finishing up the last travel mission on hemmeldal. The b&c moose tower mission I’m going to do on WRR. I like the views there for calling in moose and Sitka. My next roe, and fox I’m going to do at Val de bois.
Cheers! Good luck!
Thanks! :) I actually ended up completing the B&C tower moose mission at the very end of my completing the last Hemmeldal travel mission. Rifle neck shot no problem. I don't find very nice scoring moose at Helmaldal, however I do find many moose at the NE tower when I start at 7am. This area swarms with moose in the early morning, much better than moose in the SE in my experience. Like I said, not very good moose but good for missions like this. :)
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I haven't found many high scoring Moose, period. Glad you got it done!

Return to “Missions”