100% Harvest Value For A Moose With Arrow: Is It Possible?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
ogruls
Outfitter

Re: 100% Harvest Value For A Moose With Arrow: Is It Possible?

Post by ogruls »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
ogruls wrote:Image

That's from the 10 point mission pack, your B&C mission I usually do with .340. Can go get you one just now as it a harvest mission, if you want.
That's a kind offer. Thank you Ogruls! I'm going to attempt this mission again on my next hunt at Hemaldal. I'll be working on the final travel mission there for 3000 gm. Looking forward to that hunt and taking out my new 8x57 Anschutz to pop off the next roe mission as well.

I'll get my moose!
Give us a shout if you still getting hit with the 99% HV scores.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Another factor is the combination of distance and weapon power. With weapon X you can get 95% at 30 yards and 100% at 50 yards. Or you may get 95% on a small doe at 50 yards and 100% on a larger buck at the same distance. It is more noticeable with bigger rifles but the crossbows are also noted for their hard hitting and maximum penetration. Try shooting a bit further away from the tower, I.E. dont wait until they are so close.
That's interesting. Are you saying further distance increasing my chance of getting max harvest value? I need to brush up on the wiki again.
Dependent on species and weapon yes. A non-factor in this case with any bow and a Moose.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I seem to get 100% a lot. I think it's because most shots are under 20m. No matter what the weapon. Try getting closer and see if it helps.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

OldMtnMan wrote:I seem to get 100% a lot. I think it's because most shots are under 20m. No matter what the weapon. Try getting closer and see if it helps.
HV is meant to simulate a good insta kill with minimal damage to the hide and meat of the animal. That is why choice of weapon and distance can play a factor. If you kill a rabbit at 30m with a .22 you're likely to get 100% HV, the same distance with 45-70 you get splattered rabbit, 0 HV and a nasty email from Doc. If getting less than 100% HV on an insta drop, getting closer is def not the answer as it would create more damage to the animal.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Problem is not related to players actions, it's a "bug" either with his hardware or internet connection, more than likely packet loss occurring.
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Try changing screen complexity to a lower setting. If fps is low changing this setting will help to get you to 100% on your kills.
Spoiler:
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Another factor is the combination of distance and weapon power. With weapon X you can get 95% at 30 yards and 100% at 50 yards. Or you may get 95% on a small doe at 50 yards and 100% on a larger buck at the same distance. It is more noticeable with bigger rifles but the crossbows are also noted for their hard hitting and maximum penetration. Try shooting a bit further away from the tower, I.E. dont wait until they are so close.
That's interesting. Are you saying further distance increasing my chance of getting max harvest value? I need to brush up on the wiki again.
If you're trying to complete that mission with archery weapons I don't suggest following that advice. Rifles, I would agree. I don't count on rifle shots being accurate every time under 60m using a scope. They're more accurate between 80 and 250m. They're designed for longer shots. Archery is designed for, and only capable of, shorter distances. It's nearly impossible to shoot an arrow accurately over 80m in the game.

Real life, yeah, it's not that hard to be accurate consistently with archery. It is difficult to do and be consistent with in the game without a lot of practice.
I've completed the mission using the 7mm. Took a female at 46 meters. Heart shot.
I got one with a slug at 100% but I forgot about the 'from a tower' requirement.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Moose are 100% the easiest heart shot in the game, gun or bow.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Deconstructed wrote:Moose are 100% the easiest heart shot in the game, gun or bow.
I never looked at your avatar that close before. That's funny.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Bort wrote:I don't count on rifle shots being accurate every time under 60m using a scope. They're more accurate between 80 and 250m. They're designed for longer shots.
What??
Ok, maybe it's semantics, word choice, or I'm just not picking up what you're laying down. But those sentences kinda hurt my brain.

Accuracy is influenced in-game by knowing where/how to aim, wind.. to a lesser or greater extent, and weapon skill inasmuch as it affects wobble.
There is, I believe also a decimal precision problem at extreme distances, like 500m+. i.e. 1 MOA at 1000 yds is about 10.5". Oddly it seems to only affect left/right, not up/down. ??
Accuracy will, and should diminish as distance increases. Not the other way around.
Just because a rifle scope is zeroed at 100m or 150m doesn't mean you can't make accurate shots at shorter distances. You just have to know where to aim.

Go to the range & fire a bunch of shots at the same 10m target. If you aim exactly the same on every shot, the hits should all go through, pretty much, the same hole.
That hole may not be exactly where your crosshairs are, and it shouldn't be if the ballistics are correct. They should be 1 - 1 1/2" low.
Now try the experiment at 80-250m. Accuracy should decrease at the longer distances.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Missions”