100% Harvest Value For A Moose With Arrow: Is It Possible?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

100% Harvest Value For A Moose With Arrow: Is It Possible?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I'm trying to complete the boone and crocket Club mission: Choosing the right equipment:
Harvest a Moose at a 100% Harvest Value from a Hunting Tower using a scoped weapon.

Today I was trying to complete this mission at Hemaldal on the north tower with my reverse draw cross bow. I killed two moose from the tower with crossbow. Both shots should have been 100% harvest value but they weren't. They were 99%. There was another moose harvest during this hunt, not from the tower, but with the reverse draw cross bow and it too should have been 100%, but instead was similar to the other two moose harvests. You can see from the photos below the details of these harvests. 1 Male moose was shot from 30m, lung + neck, dropped instantly. The female moose shot at 20m, was lungs + heart, instant drop. Both 99%harvest value.

This now leads me to wonder, is it possible to get 100% harvest value on a moose with a reverse draw cross bow? How about with an arrow from another bow? Also any help here completing this mission would be much appreciated!

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: 100% Harvest Value For A Moose With Arrow: Is It Possible?

Post by Deconstructed »

Yep, I did it 53 times here: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/deco ... /104713071

Some with the ten-point, some with the reverse draw... and a few with the 45-70.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I'm at this mission now too and I'm not even going to try it with archery gear. The mission doesn't specify anything other than Moose 100% harvest value with a scope so any sex, any (permitted) weapon, and any scope. If you have the 74R use it. I don't so I'm going after it with 12ga slug, red dot scope and I'm not firing until it's less than 20m away.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The problem is that some of us get 0.01s or 0.02s wound time on instant kills. I get this 50% of the time. Problems are manifold, you cannot rank in comps and leaderboards and you cannot complete missions. Also by standing animals spook because the shot animal was fleeing for 0.01s. In many cases they would not notice when one of them was shot with the bow and the wound time was 0.00s.

I am guessing it has to do with a slow PC in my case, but I could be wrong. I addressed this issue, but was told it was not easy to resolve.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

It's doable, just keep practicing. It will make you better. When you have experience and know how here every weapons work you kill it instantly with every shot, no matter the gun. Bows are ideal for instant kill if you know to wield them.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

HooCairs wrote:The problem is that some of us get 0.01s or 0.02s wound time on instant kills. I get this 50% of the time. Problems are manifold, you cannot rank in comps and leaderboards and you cannot complete missions. Also by standing animals spook because the shot animal was fleeing for 0.01s. In many cases they would not notice when one of them was shot with the bow and the wound time was 0.00s.

I am guessing it has to do with a slow PC in my case, but I could be wrong. I addressed this issue, but was told it was not easy to resolve.
I promise your pc can’t be slower than mine. I’m running a potato. I’ll go ahead and attempt this mission again later with the 74R as Bort suggested. Almost done with Helmaldal travel mission and have saved up enough gm to get a new weapon and open up new mission threads.
Last edited by InvisibleFlame9 on August 30th, 2021, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

That's from the 10 point mission pack, your B&C mission I usually do with .340. Can go get you one just now as it a harvest mission, if you want.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Another factor is the combination of distance and weapon power. With weapon X you can get 95% at 30 yards and 100% at 50 yards. Or you may get 95% on a small doe at 50 yards and 100% on a larger buck at the same distance. It is more noticeable with bigger rifles but the crossbows are also noted for their hard hitting and maximum penetration. Try shooting a bit further away from the tower, I.E. dont wait until they are so close.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

DanthemanBoone wrote:Another factor is the combination of distance and weapon power. With weapon X you can get 95% at 30 yards and 100% at 50 yards. Or you may get 95% on a small doe at 50 yards and 100% on a larger buck at the same distance. It is more noticeable with bigger rifles but the crossbows are also noted for their hard hitting and maximum penetration. Try shooting a bit further away from the tower, I.E. dont wait until they are so close.
That's interesting. Are you saying further distance increasing my chance of getting max harvest value? I need to brush up on the wiki again.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

ogruls wrote:Image

That's from the 10 point mission pack, your B&C mission I usually do with .340. Can go get you one just now as it a harvest mission, if you want.
That's a kind offer. Thank you Ogruls! I'm going to attempt this mission again on my next hunt at Hemaldal. I'll be working on the final travel mission there for 3000 gm. Looking forward to that hunt and taking out my new 8x57 Anschutz to pop off the next roe mission as well.

I'll get my moose!

Return to “Missions”