Puma mission pack

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Re: Puma mission pack

Post by mel_o_mel »

muldo wrote:Cheers _dfad_, completed missions 7 and 8 and really enjoyed them .

MISSION 9 -Kitty Connoisseur- two specifics here. :!:
Spoiler:
Harvest a dark red puma first. Harvest another puma from 75m or more (approx 245ft) with 6.5x55 bolt action rifle.
:D

Is this one same hunt?

Color specific and multiple criteria like this can be really challenging.

The "Same Hunt" criteria takes on a whole new dimension when you suffer from a bad internet connection. I regularly get multiple disconnects a day :?
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

mel_o_mel wrote:Is this one same hunt?
No, looks like the red puma and >75m puma can be done in different hunts. Same hunt is not specified.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

_dfad_ wrote:If someone has difficulties with completing Puma missions having 'in the same hunt' in tasks, here is the hint:

Note that none of Puma missions supposes to interact with two different pumas in the same hunt so you can start in a tent nearby from puma sleep zone, and then when your puma task is complete, go and proceed with other tasks.
Wow thanks - any particular times more favourable? Ideally you want just as they wake up. And I've noticed that most animals wake up on the zero-th minute of the hour.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

xOEDragonx wrote:
mel_o_mel wrote:Is this one same hunt?
No, looks like the red puma and >75m puma can be done in different hunts. Same hunt is not specified.
I read it as not in the same hunt as well. red puma must ne harvested first. :)
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

The mission with dark red puma is NOT in the same hunt, and the description mentions that (bla-bla-bla, Max the taxidermist has no experience with pumas so don't hurry). It was planned initially that the order does not matter too, but it was supposed to be mission #5 in the pack, and it was moved to position #9 so game designers added some complexity. :)

As for Puma sleep zone, I think about 7 am is the best time there. It's still a bit foggy however.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

_dfad_ wrote:The mission with dark red puma is NOT in the same hunt, and the description mentions that (bla-bla-bla, Max the taxidermist has no experience with pumas so don't hurry). It was planned initially that the order does not matter too, but it was supposed to be mission #5 in the pack, and it was moved to position #9 so game designers added some complexity. :)

As for Puma sleep zone, I think about 7 am is the best time there. It's still a bit foggy however.

This might be a bit of a random question here, but is your profile picture based on an old soviet cartoon called "Ну, погоди!"?
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

_dfad_ wrote:If someone has difficulties with completing Puma missions having 'in the same hunt' in tasks, here is the hint:

Note that none of Puma missions supposes to interact with two different pumas in the same hunt so you can start in a tent nearby from puma sleep zone, and then when your puma task is complete, go and proceed with other tasks.
Hi dfad,

Thank you for the hint. Unfortunately it doesn't remove the "in the same hunt" in some missions.

I'm a player with real life, family and Job and can't/want spend so many hours in one session.
I would really like to play your missions step by step, but the "in the same hunt" destroy any fun for me. Possibly I am also not good enough to finish these missions
in acceptable time. :oops:

Anyway
Regards from Berlin :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Missions are fully available with tips in the Wiki.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Missi ... a_Missions
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

HooCairs wrote:Missions are fully available with tips in the Wiki.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Missi ... a_Missions
:o :o :o sehr schön danke
very nice thank you
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Pittie wrote:I would really like to play your missions step by step, but the "in the same hunt" destroy any fun for me. Possibly I am also not good enough to finish these missions
in acceptable time.
Believe me, this will be much easier than you expect. "In the same hunt" does NOT mean "After that", unless this is specified in the task directly.
So just let the randomizer do the work for you. For example, you might be hunting ptarmigans or bighorns in TGT, but you hear voice of puma - nice, run to Brimstone mine and mission #1 is done. Same for mission 5, first you harvest puma with a bow or a crossbow when and where it's comfortable for you, and then drink your coffee or tea while your avatar runs to Porcupine Ridge.
For mission #2, you can first spot and shoot puma, but walk around and find two tracks of this puma nearby before you harvest it. Or, if an animal is wounded only, you'll complete the mission while tracking the prey. Same works for #8.
With that, the only 'in the same hunt' challenge is mission #7, but you can always find wolves along the river banks or eastern part of the railroad, and elks have their meeting room at the eastern bank of most eastern lake. So just enjoy your hunts for bighorns, and once you shot puma as well, you know what to do next.
I hope this this works for you and other busy players, including myself. :)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “Missions”