Mission Help Wanted/Offered

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
ClemD
Scout

Re: Mission Help Wanted/Offered

Post by ClemD »

Thank you so much again jack for helping me. It's really appreciated.

I am still trying to get the Sitka, scoring over 100 with a heart shot, within 20m, which will be my last mission of the whole pack !

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
elmerjfudd

Post by elmerjfudd »

Help please! Need to find a Yellow Swamp Russula to complete Summer Fiesta mission. Where is the best place to look?
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

elmerjfudd wrote:Help please! Need to find a Yellow Swamp Russula to complete Summer Fiesta mission. Where is the best place to look?
This is a copy of a post I made in the "Let's Fiesta" official thread, and I suggest you look there for even more information: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1021866
JimboCrow wrote:The Yellow Swamp Russulas are most plentiful around the long-grass swamp areas of RFF (straight north of Tower 1 on the other side of the big hill), and the Chantarelles are plentiful in the short-or-no-grass areas north of Darkwood Lodge, toward and around Tower 6. You don't have to stumble on either one. Just look in the bald patches near the water's edge and between the short grass patches. They are everywhere!! ;)
elmerjfudd

Post by elmerjfudd »

JimboCrow wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:Help please! Need to find a Yellow Swamp Russula to complete Summer Fiesta mission. Where is the best place to look?
This is a copy of a post I made in the "Let's Fiesta" official thread, and I suggest you look there for even more information: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1021866
JimboCrow wrote:The Yellow Swamp Russulas are most plentiful around the long-grass swamp areas of RFF (straight north of Tower 1 on the other side of the big hill), and the Chantarelles are plentiful in the short-or-no-grass areas north of Darkwood Lodge, toward and around Tower 6. You don't have to stumble on either one. Just look in the bald patches near the water's edge and between the short grass patches. They are everywhere!! ;)

Thanks for the help
Rauldrac

Post by Rauldrac »

Hello fellas. I'm having some real trouble finding willow ptarmigans, I've been going around the zones where they are supposed to spawn but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone help me? I have a hard daily mission and need to hunt a male. Any tips on locations where they might be would be useful.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Rauldrac wrote:Hello fellas. I'm having some real trouble finding willow ptarmigans, I've been going around the zones where they are supposed to spawn but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone help me? I have a hard daily mission and need to hunt a male. Any tips on locations where they might be would be useful.
Western side of the map. Usually see them most around Orm's Sten in the SW and Grimulfr's Sten to the NW.
Rauldrac

Post by Rauldrac »

Thanks, I'll focus on searching them around those places.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Rauldrac wrote:Hello fellas. I'm having some real trouble finding willow ptarmigans, I've been going around the zones where they are supposed to spawn but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone help me? I have a hard daily mission and need to hunt a male. Any tips on locations where they might be would be useful.
I usually start near the NW corner and walk south staying maybe 200m east of the west border. I usually hear them before I see them, then hone in on the sound of their wings flapping.
Personal Bests...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OD7thVD0Ns

Should still work with maybe the birds a bit less returning to the same place once you shot one.

Key is to keep the volume up and listen where they chat.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Rauldrac

Post by Rauldrac »

Wow guys thanks a million. The thing about listening to their wings flapping helped a lot, I finally caught a male. I'll return to this bird once I'm a bit more geared up, and again thanks a lot.

Return to “Missions”