All Complete!

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

All Complete!

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

OMG! I have finally done it!!!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: All Complete!

Post by curlyCoyote »

Congratulations on completing all the missions!
Which missions were the hardest and which missions were the easiest for you?
I personally think Turkey's missions are the easiest, since you only need a bow, a shotgun, and a pistol, and are very easy to hunt with a tree stand and a caller from a good location.
And I think all the hard ones are the travel missions that involve harvesting certain animals, due to the fact that i cant just drive my car to finish the missions.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Congratulations. I have never completely completed all missions. Some were just too complicated for me. I have already reset the missions several times and concentrate on the easiest or the most fun. Unfortunately, I also miss a reward for all the effort at the end
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

Shooting an airborne canadian goose with a longbow has to be the hardest mission out there.
Spoiler:
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

I disagree Kinarr, I found the same mission for both the Snow and Magpie Geese were worse because where your blind is, where the decoys are and where the birds land are split between ground and water, where-as with the Canadian Geese: the blind is in a field, the decoys are in the field, and the birds land... in the same field. ;) I found it easy to get a Canada Goose to fly directly over my head using the short range caller because they have no problem landing on the ground behind the blind.

@CurlyCoyote - I found missions that require animals over or under a certain score or weight to be the worst simply because it was always down to luck whether you got an animal of the required size to even spawn in your hunt let alone being in the same area as it. The best example of this was in fact the third-to-last mission I completed - I focused on each reserve in turn, deciding which reserves would be my primary reserve for each species and then completing all the missions for those species on a reserve before moving on to the next. Piccabeen Bay was the last reserve in my list, simply because it was the last one added. I then decided in which order I would do the missions of each species, and Sambar Deer was the last species because I found them hard to find. "Mission 8: The Resistance" had these requirements:
  • Harvest a male Sambar Deer at 100% Harvest Value with a score of 210 or higher at under 40m.
  • Then, harvest a male Sambar Deer at 100% Harvest Value with a score of 215 or higher at under 30m.
  • Finally, harvest a male Sambar Deer at 100% Harvest Value with a score of 220 or higher at under 25m.
It took me a week to complete that mission because I wasn't getting Sambar Stags of the right score. I've had similar missions take me 2/3/4 days, but this was the first time one had taken me a week. Sufficed to say, the abnormal length of time added to the fact that I was 3 missions away from finishing all of them was highly frustrating.
The Roe Deer mission "Silent Justice" (Harvest 2 Roe Deer bucks weighing at least 30 kg using a Compound Bow in the same hunt) also springs to mind for the same reason.
I also struggled with the All Ducks mission "Silencing the Critics", where you have to shotgun 1 of each duck species from at least 45m away - there's very little feedback from the game (I find) so I could never tell whether I was leading too much or not enough, and that was a couple of days worth of missing.

I would like to say a massive "thank you" to HooCairs, whose videos and the Wiki were invaluable to me in completing these missions. ;)
Spoiler:
THANK YOU, HOO!
^^^ Not as massive as I wanted. :( ^^^
(That's what she said.)
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

22SAS_Wimp wrote:I disagree Kinarr, I found the same mission for both the Snow and Magpie Geese were worse because where your blind is, where the decoys are and where the birds land are split between ground and water, where-as with the Canadian Geese: the blind is in a field, the decoys are in the field, and the birds land... in the same field. ;) I found it easy to get a Canada Goose to fly directly over my head using the short range caller because they have no problem landing on the ground behind the blind.

@CurlyCoyote - I found missions that require animals over or under a certain score or weight to be the worst simply because it was always down to luck whether you got an animal of the required size to even spawn in your hunt let alone being in the same area as it. The best example of this was in fact the third-to-last mission I completed - I focused on each reserve in turn, deciding which reserves would be my primary reserve for each species and then completing all the missions for those species on a reserve before moving on to the next. Piccabeen Bay was the last reserve in my list, simply because it was the last one added. I then decided in which order I would do the missions of each species, and Sambar Deer was the last species because I found them hard to find. "Mission 8: The Resistance" had these requirements:
  • Harvest a male Sambar Deer at 100% Harvest Value with a score of 210 or higher at under 40m.
  • Then, harvest a male Sambar Deer at 100% Harvest Value with a score of 215 or higher at under 30m.
  • Finally, harvest a male Sambar Deer at 100% Harvest Value with a score of 220 or higher at under 25m.
It took me a week to complete that mission because I wasn't getting Sambar Stags of the right score. I've had similar missions take me 2/3/4 days, but this was the first time one had taken me a week. Sufficed to say, the abnormal length of time added to the fact that I was 3 missions away from finishing all of them was highly frustrating.
The Roe Deer mission "Silent Justice" (Harvest 2 Roe Deer bucks weighing at least 30 kg using a Compound Bow in the same hunt) also springs to mind for the same reason.
I also struggled with the All Ducks mission "Silencing the Critics", where you have to shotgun 1 of each duck species from at least 45m away - there's very little feedback from the game (I find) so I could never tell whether I was leading too much or not enough, and that was a couple of days worth of missing.
I had all of the missions completed at one time. I have no interest in re-setting them. I am still on the last group from Piccabeen Bay. Killing two Rusa with the same shot is impossible unless you get very very lucky. I have seen a video of it being done, but even the hunter who did it admitted it was just luck. The reason it is so hard is due to them not getting close enough together when standing side by side. There is too much of a collision area between them to make one shot hit them with enough buckshot to kill both of them. You have to be broadside to two of them standing together, with one of them taller than the other so you have a shot at both heads. That means a male farthest away, and a female right next to it, slightly behind it and facing the same way. Been working on it since the mission set came out. Yes, it can be done, but only with luck. I will never hit a flying Magpie with a bow either. I hunt single player only. You can do it way easier in MP, but its not my style. The Sambar mission listed above makes the mission group almost impossible. My all time best Sambar is 239+. but that was before they adjusted the scores, down. I have 4 Sambar stags since then scoring over 200, the highest at 214. That is in two plus years hunting them. It would take me a year to do it, hunting at PB exclusively. EW has had some really tough missions in the past, but for the most part they were fair (except for the Canada Goose one) and doable in a reasonable time frame. I know they should be hard. But they shouldn't be impossible. This mission pack reminds me of an EW competition a few years ago with the objective to kill a fleeing Red Kangaroo with a brain shot. That is not a mis-print. I think two people did it. I have gone back and looked at where the harvest was, and almost certainly it was a Red Kangaroo that was stuck in rocks at the top of one of those mesas after fleeing. Someone walked up to it and put a bullet in its brain. The ONLY possible way it could be done. Just imagine trying to hit one on the run. They are over 150 meters in about 3 seconds.

Congrats on finishing them all.
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

wt_hunting wrote:Killing two Rusa with the same shot is impossible unless you get very very lucky. I have seen a video of it being done, but even the hunter who did it admitted it was just luck. The reason it is so hard is due to them not getting close enough together when standing side by side.
Yeah, I struggled a bit with that mission too. It is just luck that you get 2 Rusa standing close enough to hit both at the same time. I even had a couple of attempts where I killed both but 1 ran away before dying, which obviously doesn't count. I used the 10GA and the shot that completed the mission for me was at 3 Rusa, 2 of whom were standing side-on to me but facing opposite directions. Luckily, 2 of the 3 died on the spot. The 3rd survived, and I later got a(nother) message from Doc. XD (I ignore him now.)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Congratulations! That's is quite an achievement. I have never managed to complete them all. I was four or five away from being done when I reset all missions.

The airshots with bows on birds are insane. I tried the magpie a few times, then gave up for a while and then reset. Not even sure if I want to ever try that again. I found no good spot for make them fly towards me reliably. Much easier on canada geese on large fields.
Last edited by HooCairs on June 29th, 2020, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

Thanks Hoo. ;)

If it helps (anyone), here's where I got my "airborne Magpie Goose with a bow" -
Along the North side of the river are 3 small lakes. South-South-West from these lakes is a ford in the river with a small island sticking up out of the water that is just big enough to fit a Waterfowl Blind on it.
Positioning the Decoy spread on the far bank to the direct South of the blind made the Geese circle above the bank either over the decoys or over the opposite bank (again, from the blind). Then after using the Short Range Caller they would glide towards me and either land in front of the blind or fly over and land behind & to the right.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

This is exactly the position where I shot 1000 geese before moving further south. Not sure if I tried it there, maybe I go back there then. Thanks for the hint. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”