10 Anniversary mission pack ...

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Re: 10 Anniversary mission pack ...

Post by Burning Bridges »

The red text was added by L3M182

Sorry but when people start rewriting my posts, it's over for me.

Unless you deliver facts, the Drilling COULD be used, because there is no reason why it couldnt.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

I also assume those 2 just try to sow doubt because they don't even own the Drilling. There is no other rational explanation why someone would get so worked up because someone said that the rifle SHOULD be usable for the mission :lol:

There is no reason at all to doubt that the 16GA Drilling was usable to complete the Blacktail mission!

It's a very good weapon with fantastic sound, and I have had zero issues with it.

Everything else is just a showcase how urban myths are born.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The problem is that new weapons, very often, have not been included in the old missions.
But since we are talking about a new mission here, we assume that the drilling is included in the weapons that can be used.
Unfortunately, many times this problem has happened with weapons.
Until someone personally proves the actual functioning, many of the old hunters, myself included, do not trust the actual use of new weapons to complete the missions.
I seemed to understand that no one has yet completed the mission with drilling.
So the doubt remains.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Last warden mission (WT with .243) DOES NOT WORK with Carbon .243, only with the original wood .243
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Yes, but the last mission specifically states a weapon (.243 Bolt Action Rifle) whereas the others just say "buckshot". That's a huge difference from the point of view of the mission designer. There is probably a technical reason too, because the blacktail checks ammo and perhaps ".243 Nosler Ballistic Tip" would have been clearer.

Also, the final mission had to be activated and I guess 50% of people forgot that (I did forget it) and if 50% of the people also forgot that they had not activated it when certain weapons was used, the urban myth could be born.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Burning Bridges wrote:I also assume those 2 just try to sow doubt because they don't even own the Drilling. There is no other rational explanation why someone would get so worked up because someone said that the rifle SHOULD be usable for the mission :lol:

There is no reason at all to doubt that the 16GA Drilling was usable to complete the Blacktail mission!

It's a very good weapon with fantastic sound, and I have had zero issues with it.

Everything else is just a showcase how urban myths are born.
Dude, I own EVERY SINGLE GUN in this game, so I'd refrain talking trash you don't know about in the future.

EDIT: Just to be clear, that means TWO practically identical drillings.
Last edited by Hawkeye on May 21st, 2019, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: profanity
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Letting aside this specific mission packs, does the drilling is working with mission overall? i may get that weapon eventually, but sometimes as was pointed the newest weapons not always work in comps or missions

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

VonStratos wrote:Letting aside this specific mission packs, does the drilling is working with mission overall? i may get that weapon eventually, but sometimes as was pointed the newest weapons not always work in comps or missions
Can't say for all missions and comps, but it does work for at least some missions and most comps.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Good, i have the 16ga SxS, they use the same ammo, but the Drilling also have slugs. Not to mention the rifle gun.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

VonStratos wrote:Good, i have the 16ga SxS, they use the same ammo, but the Drilling also have slugs. Not to mention the rifle gun.
It is a very decent gun, no doubt.
But I'd love to see a 12GA/.300WM and a 10GA/.340WBM. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”