10 Anniversary mission pack ...

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
knott
Outfitter

Re: 10 Anniversary mission pack ...

Post by knott »

I am hitting a rock wall at below 850. To have one rate 900 I guess the minimum score has to be 1000? None of the maximum score of 1150 will ever get above 850?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Check what is the minimum possible score when spotting a hog, basically you should aim for a hog with a minimum of 800-1050, 800 being the lowest possible score of the hog, and if you are lucky you can find a bid hog with a minimum of 900, is not an exact science, but with that margin the chances are good that the hog is 900+, if you see something like 700-950 then is very likely you will get disappointed,

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

My hog was 850 - 960 and registered 944 but my spotting skill is astromically high (ca 1000 hogs killed)

Before that I had many which were lower than estimate up to 150 points
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I am only lvl 9 on spotting. I did finally get it on a 700-1150 pig. He scored around 950. I thought of not bothering shooting him actually but thankfully I did.

That final mission did not advertize the .243 well. First I had a shot from 170 metre at RFF. Up on a hill shooting down at 45 degrees the easiest spine shot ever with absolutely perfect angle. Or so I thought body! Veeery long tracking session. Didn´t count as I used the carbon .243.
Second mission I got a call while at the first south tower at Whitehart Now got a perfect frontal shot for heart at 100 metres. But no again body but this didn´t run that far anyway.

Did try the gold on a feral goat and that did fall on the spot but safe to say I will hardly ever touch it but it do look nice :)
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Yes i would suggest shooting more animals that may not be over 1000 in the spotting info. I also had trouble with finding the Elk until I started shooting each Elk with a reasonable antler and finally succeeded with one on Whiteheart Island. I hope I never have to go to such an ordeal to complete a mission again, this took over 24 hours.

I received the 3 hunting towers and can maybe make some people happy with the towers.

Tip: For the last Whitetail the mission must first be activated, otherwise you have to do it twice. Otherwise i had no problems except that it has to be male. I killed mine (second one registered) on Rougaroo and with the wooden 243
Agava

Post by Agava »

If some one know / test if u can use "16GA/9.3x74R Drilling Combination Gun" to get BT mission?
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Agava wrote:If some one know / test if u can use "16GA/9.3x74R Drilling Combination Gun" to get BT mission?
Even if it's a valid gun for the mission, I really wouldn't use 16GA for this mission.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have just shot a hog at my feeder that will make the 900 required points. If anyone wants to join and collect it send me a PM.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If anyone needs a +900 hog PM me and we arrange a time. I will then send you the password and let you join and collect.

I am also happy to help out with any of the other tasks for this mission pack.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Agava wrote:If some one know / test if u can use "16GA/9.3x74R Drilling Combination Gun" to get BT mission?
BuiuRei wrote:
Even if it's a valid gun for the mission, I really wouldn't use 16GA for this mission.
It should work and you have the advantage that you can give TWO quick shots that should do the kill 99% of the time.

I personally did it with a 10 GA lever action, that definitely worked. The deer walked a bit from an intestines shot, but died.

Return to “Missions”