Sambar Deer Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Sambar Deer Missions

Post by knott »

Mission 6 must be done in a single hunt?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

No.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Started with this again. Must be the hardest mission set in the game. I done all the banteng, water buffalo and halfway through rusa. Now looking for a 420 kg one but that is easy compared to what to come. I doubt the number of sambar males I seen is over 10.

As for 420 kg only males reach that size?

Spent 3h tracking a 360-550 flock track just to realize I got back to a plus 60 from 18-44 :p

As for flock track is it the male of that flock you track?
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

If it worth some me trying to complete a daily mission wiseded that sambar deer are pretty difficult. And any thing related to them to.

I didn't even started to try that missions. I keep an eye to be aware of your progress.

GL
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Well I did get the 420 kg sambar deer yesterday. I also spotted a herd of four sambar deer males. Spent 7h+ in total though :p
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

knott wrote:Well I did get the 420 kg sambar deer yesterday. I also spotted a herd of four sambar deer males. Spent 7h+ in total though :p
If you want to do sambar deer missions on easy mode, put a treestand here and fast travel there with scent spray.

What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I was quite close to that when I got the 420 kg one. the herd of males was actually by the river to the west :). What times are you usually there?
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Start at 11am. Probably the only example I know of where time seems to matter in a consistent way.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Wow is it this game you are playing. I was attacked by sambar from the get go. I found several herds sleep zones just some 200 metre up north so I guess half of the sambar just spawn there or something. I don´t dare to touch anything I guess sleep sites are slightly randomized at least. I got a pointer and wondered what the heck he was pointing at. Not easy to see them embedded :)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

6 and 7 done and 8 should be a piece of cake. Is number 9 still bugged?

7 has a bug I harvested a female as only males within 10 minutes was the mission. I already shot one male and had shot the second. Tracked the second. Slugs is useless they run for miles on heart/lungshots and got a mission completed without harvesting the first male I shot!

That mission would been done in less then a minute total game time as they just stood waiting for me. Second was a pb 215. I got hybris thought it would be top 100 in leaderboard but no. I also thought I would have a chance to win the starter sambar competition with 2 entries but no not even close. And that guy don´t seem to actually have tried :p My two above 200 came some hunts to late but probably wouldn´t be enough anyway.

Return to “Missions”