Sambar Deer Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Sambar Deer Missions

Post by knott »

Thanks for the tip never camped so much in my life. Step down and more often then not you need to get up again. Almost botch my pb that way but managed to actually track him :)

Not the cheapest hunting though. Camping supplies, scent eliminator. use tripod stand so feel I need it as animals comes from all directions. Sambar scent spray and a billion of arrows to keep the does in check. Sambar for some reason seldom give more then 30 em$ and only the true rare ones above 100. I started in starter. Didn´t manage to take top spot there. Quickly graduated to 50 and intermediate so got a new shot. Currently leading that but still 1,5 point behind starter. Impressive as that guy actually seem to hunt not just camp trying the ptw approach ;)

If I win that 75 em$ maybe it could count as a profit :D. I still have some camping to do that 220 sambar I have not seen yet. Then there is the infamous #9 but hope it´s fixed by now.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Brutus969 wrote:Start at 11am. Probably the only example I know of where time seems to matter in a consistent way.
Does 11am only work if you start the game then, or can you start a game earlier and hunt for a while before fast traveling there at 11?
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

mel_o_mel wrote:Does 11am only work if you start the game then, or can you start a game earlier and hunt for a while before fast traveling there at 11?

I wouldn't expect there to be a difference but I've never tried the latter.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

mel_o_mel wrote:
Brutus969 wrote:Start at 11am. Probably the only example I know of where time seems to matter in a consistent way.
Does 11am only work if you start the game then, or can you start a game earlier and hunt for a while before fast traveling there at 11?
Doesn´t matter much I would imagine. The thing is they gather to go to sleep then which concentrates them a bit it seems and make them stick around. Wonder if it work for other herd animals like roosevelt and rookie mountain elk also? I have had deer fall to sleep as they approach. They sleep by my tent and absolutely everywhere really has to be careful not to trip over them.

Mission 9 is fixed had no problem there.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

It does indeed work. I did my regular hunt starting at 7AM and fast traveled up to the Sambar spot at 11. Lots of Sambar (mostly females) and a herd of Rusa females. I shot 3 Nice Sambar bucks in less than half an hour including this nice 240.667.

Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Life is unfair. I don´t know 15h+ only gave me a 220ish :)
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Mission 10 ? There is an old track near the coordinates for a Rusa male, but there is just ONE track only, going east. I couldn't find other of its tracks. Is is the mission bugged ?
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I made that mission ~ 2 weeks ago and it was all fine. I placed a tent just south of the beach.
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Have you activated the mission? It happened to me a few times that I just checked the new mission and forgot to activate it.
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Sorry I wrote Rusa, it was the Sambar of course. I restarted the mission and now He is already there on the beach. Thanks.

Return to “Missions”