Eurasian Lynx missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Eurasian Lynx missions

Post by Villkatta »

Here are the first 7 missions:

The Search for Pakasuchus
Spoiler:
ID the call of a Eurasian Lynx.
Find a track from a Eurasian Lynx.
Modern Fossil Requirement
Spoiler:
Harvest an Eurasian Lynx.
The Brachiosaurus Lynx
Spoiler:
Harvest an Eurasian Lynx with a weight of 23 kg (Approx. 51 lbs) or higher.
The Velocilynx
Spoiler:
Harvest an Eurasian Lynx with a score of 7 or higher with any crossbow or crossbow pistol.
The Predator Becomes the Prey
Spoiler:
Spot a male Eurasian Lynx from a Treestand.
Spot another male Eurasian Lynx from a Treestand.
Spot one final male Eurasian Lynx from a Treestand.
Upgrading Equipment
Spoiler:
Harvest two Eurasian Lynx within 10 minutes of each harvest.
The Argentinosaurus Lynx
Spoiler:
Harvest an unspooked Eurasian Lynx with a weight of 30 kg (Approx. 66 lbs) or higher at a distance under 20 meters (Approx. 65 feet).
Last edited by Villkatta on April 4th, 2019, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muldo
Outfitter

Re: Eurasian Lynx missions

Post by muldo »

Thanks for the heads up on the missions Villkatta.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Mission 8:

The T-Lynx
Spoiler:
Harvest an unspooked Eurasian Lynx with a score of 9 or higher with any shotgun using any buckshot at 100% Harvest Value.
Mission 9:

Pakasuchus
Spoiler:
Harvest an unspooked male Eurasian Lynx from a Tree Stand while it's standing still.
Last edited by Villkatta on April 5th, 2019, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks Villkatta. I will put in the Wiki what ever you post here. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks Villkatta. I will put in the Wiki what ever you post here. :D
Here are mission 1-9 with complete description for the wiki - nr. 10 will come soon.
Spoiler:
Natalie Yarrin has started a new profession as an archaeologist and needs your help to uncover the hidden remains of the lynx's distant relative, the Pakasuchus. Rumors had spread of its existence in Hemmeldal several million years ago. It's an anomaly in itself that a fossil from such a dinosaur would exist so far up north and thus, why Natalie Yarrin is once again on a cat-packed adventure.

Description
Nya hunter! What a pleasant surprise seeing you in these parts! Oh wait, are you the one Doc sent over to help me with the expedition? If so that's excellent! Your talents during our bobcat quest in the past were unprecedented! I can't think of a better hunter to join me to find the remains of the legendary Pakasuchus. You've heard the stories, yes? A feline-like reptilian with a skull shaped almost exactly like a lynx! That's why we are here today. We are going to find that fossil and bring glory to felines around the EHR. First, let's gather some samples from the elusive Eurasian lynx in the area!
Objectives

Rewards

100 gm$

Description
Those samples you brought back were excellent, nya! This time, I'm going to need a skeleton though. Do you think you can try and harvest a lynx this time? These creatures are known to be much more difficult to hunt, compared to my dear bobcats, but you are a hunter of many talents so you should do just fine. Nyehehe.
Objectives

Rewards

200 gm$

The Brachiosaurus Lynx

Description
Ooooh, I think we hit the jackpot. I've found evidence that a really large lynx is in the area and has a genetic mutation of some sort, like DNA from another type of dinosaur. This is a archaeological gold mine! Well, what are you waiting for? Purr-pare yourself, hunter! We need to hunt down this big ball of fur.
Objectives

Rewards

300 gm$

The Velocilynx

Description
Nyahaha! One more trophy for my feline collection, and this one is even a mutant! Now then, another archaeologist in the area claims to have found traces of yet another mutant lynx currently wandering the southern woods. It may have moved to a different hunting spot by now but let's try and hunt the feline. My sources tell me it's also somehow connected to the fast and carnivorous velociraptor. This boosts its value tenfold, do you understand? We can't let it fall into the hands of an incapable archaeologist. It must be mine, nya! Oh, and use something light like a crossbow so you don't damage the fur this time.
Objectives

Harvest an Eurasian Lynx with a score of 7 or higher with any crossbow or crossbow pistol.

Rewards

400 gm$

Description
We need to do some scouting, hunter. I feel like the other archaeologists in the area are much more successful in their findings than myself. At this pace, they are more likely to find Pakasuchus before we do! No, no, no. This would be a cat-tasrophe. Check out the area from the trees while I look for more... technological aid so to say.
Objectives

Rewards

600 gm$

Upgrading Equipment

Description
Nyes! Purr-fect. I'd like you to meet my robot, NYAN 0W07. Don't ask me what it stand for, I'm not actually sure myself. Anyways! This simple piece of machinery is going to speed up the process in tracking down the fossilized remains of Pakasuchus before those other newbies find it. Oh, you're probably wondering where I got this robot. Back during my youth, I used to be quite a technician. At least, before I discovered my passion for felines. Now, let's stop wasting time! I'm gonna boot it up and it should be able to track even the deepest fossils in no time. How about you go hunt a few lynx in the meantime? It will be good practice for what's to come.
Objectives

Rewards

800 gm$

The Argentinosaurus Lynx

Description
Aha! NYAN 0W07 picked something up... It looks like we've got an even bigger feline on our hands! My trusty sidekick is telling me that it has connections with one of the biggest dinosaurs that ever lived! Now, who would have thought such potential lay in mere cats? This is a scientific breakthrough if I say so myself! Now all that's left is to catch it. That is your job, hunter.
Objectives

Harvest an unspooked Eurasian Lynx with a weight of 30 kg (Approx. 66 lbs) or higher at a distance under 20 meters (Approx. 65 feet).

Rewards

1000 gm$

The T-Lynx

Description
We've got another one! This time NYAN has picked up a lynx related to the monstrous T-Rex! It must be quite the predator with that sort of connection. You better be on your guard, hunter. I mean, lynx are not known to attack people like you but you never know. You better bring a stronger gun. Nyehehe.
Objectives

Harvest an unspooked Eurasian Lynx with a score of 9 or higher with any shotgun using any buckshot at 100% Harvest Value.

Rewards

1200 gm$

Pakasuchus

Description
Hunter! Come quickly! I think this is it. NYAN has successfully picked up the location of Pakasuchus's fossil. We have a little problem though, there seems to be a lynx in the area that defends its burial grounds. Well, what are you waiting for? You have a weapon, I don't. If we manage to get the chance to examine the bones of Pakasuchus then we'll be rich! I might be able to invest in the materials needed for a second Bobcatylon Tower as well! Well, I might just call it Lynxylon Tower instead. I digress, let's get going before the other archaeologists find this spot!
Objectives

Harvest an unspooked male Eurasian Lynx from a Tree Stand while it's standing still.

Rewards

1800 gm$

fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Villkatta wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Thanks Villkatta. I will put in the Wiki what ever you post here. :D
Here are mission 1-9 with complete description for the wiki - nr. 10 will come soon.
Spoiler:
Natalie Yarrin has started a new profession as an archaeologist and needs your help to uncover the hidden remains of the lynx's distant relative, the Pakasuchus. Rumors had spread of its existence in Hemmeldal several million years ago. It's an anomaly in itself that a fossil from such a dinosaur would exist so far up north and thus, why Natalie Yarrin is once again on a cat-packed adventure.

Description
Nya hunter! What a pleasant surprise seeing you in these parts! Oh wait, are you the one Doc sent over to help me with the expedition? If so that's excellent! Your talents during our bobcat quest in the past were unprecedented! I can't think of a better hunter to join me to find the remains of the legendary Pakasuchus. You've heard the stories, yes? A feline-like reptilian with a skull shaped almost exactly like a lynx! That's why we are here today. We are going to find that fossil and bring glory to felines around the EHR. First, let's gather some samples from the elusive Eurasian lynx in the area!
Objectives

Rewards

100 gm$

Description
Those samples you brought back were excellent, nya! This time, I'm going to need a skeleton though. Do you think you can try and harvest a lynx this time? These creatures are known to be much more difficult to hunt, compared to my dear bobcats, but you are a hunter of many talents so you should do just fine. Nyehehe.
Objectives

Rewards

200 gm$

The Brachiosaurus Lynx

Description
Ooooh, I think we hit the jackpot. I've found evidence that a really large lynx is in the area and has a genetic mutation of some sort, like DNA from another type of dinosaur. This is a archaeological gold mine! Well, what are you waiting for? Purr-pare yourself, hunter! We need to hunt down this big ball of fur.
Objectives

Rewards

300 gm$

The Velocilynx

Description
Nyahaha! One more trophy for my feline collection, and this one is even a mutant! Now then, another archaeologist in the area claims to have found traces of yet another mutant lynx currently wandering the southern woods. It may have moved to a different hunting spot by now but let's try and hunt the feline. My sources tell me it's also somehow connected to the fast and carnivorous velociraptor. This boosts its value tenfold, do you understand? We can't let it fall into the hands of an incapable archaeologist. It must be mine, nya! Oh, and use something light like a crossbow so you don't damage the fur this time.
Objectives

Rewards

400 gm$

Description
We need to do some scouting, hunter. I feel like the other archaeologists in the area are much more successful in their findings than myself. At this pace, they are more likely to find Pakasuchus before we do! No, no, no. This would be a cat-tasrophe. Check out the area from the trees while I look for more... technological aid so to say.
Objectives

Rewards

600 gm$

Upgrading Equipment

Description
Nyes! Purr-fect. I'd like you to meet my robot, NYAN 0W07. Don't ask me what it stand for, I'm not actually sure myself. Anyways! This simple piece of machinery is going to speed up the process in tracking down the fossilized remains of Pakasuchus before those other newbies find it. Oh, you're probably wondering where I got this robot. Back during my youth, I used to be quite a technician. At least, before I discovered my passion for felines. Now, let's stop wasting time! I'm gonna boot it up and it should be able to track even the deepest fossils in no time. How about you go hunt a few lynx in the meantime? It will be good practice for what's to come.
Objectives

Rewards

800 gm$

The Argentinosaurus Lynx

Description
Aha! NYAN 0W07 picked something up... It looks like we've got an even bigger feline on our hands! My trusty sidekick is telling me that it has connections with one of the biggest dinosaurs that ever lived! Now, who would have thought such potential lay in mere cats? This is a scientific breakthrough if I say so myself! Now all that's left is to catch it. That is your job, hunter.
Objectives

Rewards

1000 gm$

The T-Lynx

Description
We've got another one! This time NYAN has picked up a lynx related to the monstrous T-Rex! It must be quite the predator with that sort of connection. You better be on your guard, hunter. I mean, lynx are not known to attack people like you but you never know. You better bring a stronger gun. Nyehehe.
Objectives

Rewards

1200 gm$

Pakasuchus

Description
Hunter! Come quickly! I think this is it. NYAN has successfully picked up the location of Pakasuchus's fossil. We have a little problem though, there seems to be a lynx in the area that defends its burial grounds. Well, what are you waiting for? You have a weapon, I don't. If we manage to get the chance to examine the bones of Pakasuchus then we'll be rich! I might be able to invest in the materials needed for a second Bobcatylon Tower as well! Well, I might just call it Lynxylon Tower instead. I digress, let's get going before the other archaeologists find this spot!
Objectives

Rewards

1800 gm$
9. Do not count into cats standing off a tree (((( What am I doing wrong?
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/fon_ ... /642952989
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote: 9. Do not count into cats standing off a tree (((( What am I doing wrong?
Have you activated the mission?
If yes, then I have no idea, you have met every requirement in the mission.
You can try again, and if it still won't accept the lynx, you could ask support to tic it of manually for you.
I'll try that mission myself in a moment, will let you know if it works for me.

EDIT: It seems mission 9 is bugged, I made sure the mission was active and shot a lynx according to the specifications, but mission was not accepted:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... /642967645
Will post a bug report.

fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Villkatta wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote: 9. Do not count into cats standing off a tree (((( What am I doing wrong?
You can try again, and if it still won't accept the lynx, you could ask support to tic it of manually for you.

EDIT: It seems mission 9 is bugged, I made sure the mission was active and shot a lynx according to the specifications, but mission was not accepted:
Will post a bug report.
Thanks Villkatta.
JM Hunter

Post by JM Hunter »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:
Villkatta wrote:

Will post a bug report.
Thanks Villkatta.

I had a bobcat mission (mission #9 run bobcat run) that only completed if I stood up on the tree stand. If you were squatting on the tree stand try standing and vice-versa.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

JM Hunter wrote:I had a bobcat mission (mission #9 run bobcat run) that only completed if I stood up on the tree stand. If you were squatting on the tree stand try standing and vice-versa.
Actually, you could complete bobcat mission 9 with a cat that was not fleeing.
And as you can see from the links fon_Belkrofft_DK shot his lynx while standing, I shot mine while crouching. Neither worked.
There is probably some minor bug with this mission, but I'm sure it gets fixed as soon as the DEV's get back on monday.

Return to “Missions”