Deactivate missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Tacticalpigeon

Deactivate missions

Post by Tacticalpigeon »

Hi guys

I've had a look around the forum to see if there were a post regarding this topic, but I've been unable to locate one.
Is there any way you can deactivate a mission, once you've pressed it? I have one (Uninvited guests), that I know I won't be able to complete for a long time, because I don't have the required bow for the hunt.

Best regards.
Best regards,

Tacticalpigeon

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Deactivate missions

Post by Hawkeye »

No, you can't deactivate a mission. Why would you want to?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Did you know that if you don't own a certain weapon (or equipment) required to finish a mission, you could let another player shoot the animal in a MP game - and as long as you are the one who harvests it, the mission will be checked off for you?

So if you find another player with that bow, maybe he will help you finish that mission...
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... Here is the thread / link , for asking for help , with missions or other stuff .
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... volunteers

What is that mission in question ? I would help you out if i can .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

The mission in question is:
- Harvest a Feral Hog with the Snakebite Compound Bow in the area south of the Field Lodge on Logger's Point.
- Harvest a Feral Hog with the Snakebite Compound Bow in the area south of the Field Lodge on Logger's Point.

If you activate this mission and can't complete it, I would imagine it gets annoying after a while when a pop up keeps telling you "you are now south of the field lodge" when playing loggers point...
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Tacticalpigeon

Post by Tacticalpigeon »

Andhii wrote:The mission in question is:

If you activate this mission and can't complete it, I would imagine it gets annoying after a while when a pop up keeps telling you "you are now south of the field lodge" when playing loggers point...
Exactly. I rarely have the time to go on a hunt in multiplayer, so even though that would be a possibility to complete it that way, I would just rather be able to deactivate it.
I would also guess that other casual players might not always read the entire requirements for completing a mission and just activate it anyways, resulting in the same issues as I have.

If it could be added to a wishlist of features, I wouldn't mind.
Best regards,

Tacticalpigeon

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Tacticalpigeon wrote:
Andhii wrote:The mission in question is:

Exactly. I rarely have the time to go on a hunt in multiplayer, so even though that would be a possibility to complete it that way, I would just rather be able to deactivate it.
I would also guess that other casual players might not always read the entire requirements for completing a mission and just activate it anyways, resulting in the same issues as I have.

If it could be added to a wishlist of features, I wouldn't mind.
It happened to me aswell. I activated few missions that I could not complete and after a while I got so tired of the pop ups that I just bit the bullet and bought the weapon required for it, completed the mission and never touched the weapon again.

But like the gentlemen above suggested, try posting on the mission help section. I'm sure there's people willing to help you even with your limited multiplayer time frame. I'v got help there and I have helped others also. Goodluck!
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I was getting those messages from last years Valentine event missions during this years. :lol:

Anymore, I don't activate them until I'm ready to complete them. So I might see a bunch in the "Available" section, but only a few in the "Active" section.

If I happen to be on when someone's looking for help, I'll fire up an MP and help too.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Missions”