Taking Down The Bearkiller Goat

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Stella94
Tracker

Taking Down The Bearkiller Goat

Post by Stella94 »

I have been stuck on this mission for days, and no matter what I do I can't seem to harvest the Bearkiller. The objective is exactly as follows-

"Harvest the last Bearkiller Alpine Ibex using 7 mm ammunition at the Devil's Teapot in Val-des-Bois (X-3078, Y- -2169)"

So I load up the game, equip the 7 mm break action rifle, go to the devils teapot and harvest a goat. And nothing. It says I'm in the right area and to 'stay sharp', but won't accept any of the ibex I shoot. I have shot both males and females, tried different times, tried different 7 mm guns, and nothing. The mission description says it's a male, but won't complete when I shoot one. I have identified several different tracks from different animals, thinking it's suppose to be a specific one, and nothing. What am I doing wrong? I work 6 days a week with varying shift times, so finding the energy or the want to play anymore is hard enough, let alone trying to complete a mission that won't complete even after the requirements are met. Or is this simply another mission where you have to complete it multiple times before it registers?

(I'm honestly getting sick of these missions. Some are too specific and some aren't specific enough.)

I'm giving the mission one more try tonight before I quit and play something else. Games are suppose to be relaxing,not aggravating.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Taking Down The Bearkiller Goat

Post by Tod1d »

It's been a while since I've done this one. Did you go to the exact coordinates? There should be tracks really close to that specific spot.
Also, how long are you taking to get there? It may be better to temporarily place a tent about 200-300m from that spot. I think I had mine just above the valley to the north.
The specific animal should spawn at or near those coordinates when you start the game. But, it will wander off if you take too long.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Taking Down The Bearkiller Goat

Post by Hawkeye »

I've been on this one for years...got stuck on this step just a couple weeks after it released. Like you, I have harvested tons of goats at the exact coordinates. Been a while since I've attempted it, but I have always struggled with killing specific animals required for missions. I killed dozens of coyotes at the stones over the course of several years before one of them finally triggered the mission. I wish I could help you, but it seems some of these are a bit random.

Return to “Missions”