Magpie Goose Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Magpie Goose Missions

Post by muldo »

muldo wrote:A very cold,wet and windy British Sunday morning. Meanwhile on Piccabeen Bay.... twang, splat, splash. Missions done, with the use of about 80 compound arrows on the last one.
I think Magpie Geese should be called Submarine Geese in future as the can certainly "run silent" and "run deep". Noiseless flocks and birds walking around under water make them an interesting subject. A subject I shall now put aside for some time. Best of luck all. :D
Quoted myself as I couldn't see the message, which I can see in editor but not on the main board. Hit a male Goose at 25m on its glide path with the Python bow. Phew.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

I DESPISE Shooting anything flying with bow missions, it's silly, wish these would get revised as well as hunting something that has nothing to do with the mission species itself, AND if you must
at least take the inside this range or outside this range off it, it's hard enough in general.

IE Magpie Missions 2 5 and 7 having nothing to do with magpie geese really.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

I could also use advice on hunting them with a compound bow. Wasting a lot of arrows without any luck here... any advice? thank you!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Mattb85 wrote:I could also use advice on hunting them with a compound bow. Wasting a lot of arrows without any luck here... any advice? thank you!
Bow airshots on ducks and geese is easiest if you study their landings when you don't use the short range caller. Usually they use the very same paths. Then put your blind at the end of their path where they would land. In that case you don't need the short range caller and you can just let them fly into you.

For magpies this is difficult as most of them land on water, so you cannot place your blind there. For those, find a good spot where you can use the short range caller when they are far away, so that when they home in to your blind, you have enough time to draw your bow.

Bow shots are easiest if they flight straight to you. Everything else is pretty difficult.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

I ended up doing my mission and my friends mission.

It was very tough and took a long time but as HooCairs said, you catch them on their approach for best results.

Return to “Missions”