Polar Bears from a treestand?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
IVAR_BONELESS

Polar Bears from a treestand?

Post by IVAR_BONELESS »

Can someone tell me where there is a tree i can put a treestand up in alaska that is within ten miles of a polar bear? WHO CAME UP WITH THIS ONE? Let me say a game I pay to play should be fun ... not a pain in my backside! WHY SO MANY RULES ABOUT WHERE YOU CAN SET A TENT OR A BLIND OR ANYTHING I BUY TO PLAY THIS GAME? ARE THERE RULES ABOUT NOT TAKING MONEY AT EVERY POSSIBLE POINT IN THE GAME ...WHAT IS NEXT YOU GONNA MAKE US BUY NEW SHOES IF WE WALK SO MANY MILES ...I LOVE THIS GAME AT ONE TIME .. now not so much. Perhaps I should go back to games that you only pay to own it not to pay for every single thing in the game .. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!
Nockedup
Hunter

Re: Polar Bears from a treestand?

Post by Nockedup »

Put a treestand in your back pack. Go out near the ice packs and look for a Polar Bear roaming around out on the ice. Make sure you stay back near the tree line, find a tree that will allow you to put up the treestand. Any tree will do even if it only gets you 5 feet off the ground. Climb up in it and use your binos or spotting scope to spot the Polar Bear and you're done. It doesn't say you have to kill the bear, just spot it.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
IVAR_BONELESS

Post by IVAR_BONELESS »

Spent five hours yesterday doing that ... you told me nothing at all! SHOW ME THE SPOT ... I see you have so many kills in the area you must be an expert!
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

IVAR_BONELESS wrote:Spent five hours yesterday doing that ... you told me nothing at all! SHOW ME THE SPOT ... I see you have so many kills in the area you must be an expert!
Put it here, climb and wait 10-20 min. One of bears will pass there sooner or later.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The skinny trees..without snow or branches on the bottom half will take a tree stand. No many of them where you can see the ice floes. Very rare. But any of them looking long distance on the witch's finger will work, eventually. All you have to do is spot it.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

IVAR_BONELESS wrote:Spent five hours yesterday doing that ... you told me nothing at all! SHOW ME THE SPOT ... I see you have so many kills in the area you must be an expert!
FIRST, go find a Polar Bear... NEXT, find a tree to put your treestand in that's far enough away that you don't spook the bear yet close enough that you can still get spotting data with your optics. It's as simple as that. There is no magic spot on the map.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

And be sure to have your settings at max if you want to put a treestand :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Nockedup wrote:
FIRST, go find a Polar Bear... NEXT, find a tree to put your treestand in that's far enough away that you don't spook the bear yet close enough that you can still get spotting data with your optics. It's as simple as that. There is no magic spot on the map.
I saw a bear...ran at her...she spooked. Luckily there was a spot for a TS close by, and she spooked out in the open. Just let her run 185 meters, got in the TS , and when she got done being nervous she was at 230 meters, and was easy to spot.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
kjottkake1

Post by kjottkake1 »

For gods sake, behava yourself. No fun helping people who talk to others like that
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

kjottkake1 wrote:For gods sake, behava yourself. No fun helping people who talk to others like that
... Especially , that it's the Devs , that made that kind of requirement for that mission pack , not the members . :?
Members are just trying to help out , but i guess it's not the way that this guy expected the help to be !
Glad to see that his post was quickly removed and hope he got a serious warning ! :evil:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Missions”