Polar Bears from a treestand?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Polar Bears from a treestand?

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Has anyone had trouble with the treestand part of this mission counting? Lazygirl and i had no problem with the tripod but we used 2 different stands and spotted a couple of different unspooked bears and the game would not give us credit. I'll open a ticket with Ahmed but doubt there is any way to prove we completed it.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

XxStrong1xX wrote:Has anyone had trouble with the treestand part of this mission counting? Lazygirl and i had no problem with the tripod but we used 2 different stands and spotted a couple of different unspooked bears and the game would not give us credit. I'll open a ticket with Ahmed but doubt there is any way to prove we completed it.
Did you make sure that you spotted the polar bear the first time when on the tree stand? Once you spot an animal for the first time, later attempts won't count for a mission. So if you spot a polar bear from the ground, then get into a tree stand and spot the same bear again, it will not count for the mission objective.
Image Image Image
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Did you make sure that you spotted the polar bear the first time when on the tree stand? Once you spot an animal for the first time, later attempts won't count for a mission. So if you spot a polar bear from the ground, then get into a tree stand and spot the same bear again, it will not count for the mission objective.
That may have been the issue, thanks Marc!

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Here's a simple tip for those struggling with the TS:
Spawn at Northern lodge.
Place TS in one of the thick trees on the small peninsula to the W-NW of the lodge. Make sure you're overlooking the ice north of the lodge.
Keep respawning until a polar bear is spawned on the floats north of the lodge - you can easily see if there's one there once you walk towards the water. NB! Do NOT spot it yet!
Go to TS, climb & spot.
Mission done.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have completed task 1 and 2 and only need the treestand spotting. I have now spotted four bears from a TS, at least three of them cannot have been spooked before. Yet none counted. Don't know what to do different.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I did it two days ago and it worked then.

Return to “Missions”