Swamp Thing (Single Player)

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
dj.p.king
Scout

Swamp Thing (Single Player)

Post by dj.p.king »

Hi I have tried doing this mission 5 times now you can shoot the bear on the island but I can't harvest the animal with the hunts mate,
is there any other hunter out there getn the same result. Please help with any info thanks.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Warri012_alternate

Re: Swamp Thing (Single Player)

Post by Warri012_alternate »

This is a bug that glitches harvests, you should try again and kill a bear to see if it will work.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Swamp thing was a mission with a nasty bug, the coordinates in description didn't work:
Harvest a Black Bear on the mysterious island west (X: -13.582, Y: -3.293) of the swamp in Redfeather Falls.

Actually you need run along the shore of the island or in some case in the inside of the island until the completed objective message pop up, the real coordinates may variate from player to player, i completed that mission long ago so i dont know if still bugged, but there are 2 areas that usually work. First bag the bear in the island as said in the description, but then you must fin the right spot to trigger the ojective completed.

One: In this map you can see the description coordinates:
If the complete mission doesn't trigger there then is still bugged so.

From the red spot, watch close and you will see that lightly in the south western shore, very near the red dot there is a small white area, run to that area and you will see is a place full of rocks and boulders, run along that place and the objective should trigger, again no exact coordinates, so you need run in the area.

If nothing happens, then the other area where the objective could trigger is in the "land bridge" where the island connects to the mainland, again, no coordinates so you should run in the area a lot, for me the complete mission pop up showed up when i was running from the rocky area that i mentioned before towards the mainland, i was running along the shore. That mission is a serious pia, good luck. ;)

Edit: you can see that map in better quality in the wiki, black bear missions:
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Bear_Missions

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

I get the message staying i'm in the area to hunt for the bear, 7 dead bears so far on that island and not one has been able to be claimed with the hunts mate,
which means i get that stupid message from Doc about winging an animal.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

If you complete all objectives and still don't get it done, send a ticket to support with the hunt url, they should be able to manually complete it for you.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

I just completed this mission today for the 3rd time. Submit a ticket anytime you have a mission involving Wreck Island. No player should have to waste any more time there after years of it being an issue. Terrible missions because the coordinates are all different from player to player.

I've never had the problem of not being able to harvest the bear on this reserve, but I've had 9 brown bears that I was unable to harvest in Hemmeldal. After a ticket and several messages, the issue was not resolved, probably because it effected only me and I'm not worth the time to investigate further. I ended up quitting that map out of frustration at the game and support.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

I've give up on the idea of completing the Black Bear Missions, over 15 kills in that area and all of them the same thing, huntsmate not harvesting the animal,
i'm not submitting ticket as if this has been a long serving bug what chance does it have of being fixed now (big fat zero).
Season 26

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

dj.p.king wrote:I've give up on the idea of completing the Black Bear Missions, over 15 kills in that area and all of them the same thing, huntsmate not harvesting the animal,
i'm not submitting ticket as if this has been a long serving bug what chance does it have of being fixed now (big fat zero).
They won't fix the bug, dj. But what is being suggested is that you write to Ahmed (after the holidays) and explain to him (I'd just show him this thread) and ask him to give you credit for completing the mission, so you can continue.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

FYI, I just did this mission and I had to go to coordinates -13603, -3138 in order to get the mission popup message. You may have to go to the official coordinates, then back to this spot in order to get it to work. I had to wander about a bit...
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

A trick that usually works for me when Huntermate cant harvest animal is to go out of render range of kill then return back to collect. Render range will be determined by screen complexity in game settings ( low = 220 meters, med.= 270 meters, high=320 meters).
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”