Water buffalo mission #1 not working

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Andhii
Scout

Water buffalo mission #1 not working

Post by Andhii »

Objective is to visit the lighthouse and when I do that, mission doesn't update. Both MP/SP.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Water buffalo mission #1 not working

Post by fantamichele »

I confirm, it does not work, I went up to the top but the mission is still active.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Mission is now working.
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Full list of the Water Buffalo missions.

1. Where it all began
Spoiler:
As your plane descends towards Piccabeen International Airport, you stare in awe at the majestic lighthouse in the distance. You feel a tingling sensation in your stomach as you mentally prepare yourself for a meeting with the one who has not been met. The equivocal one whom many call "Dawg".
Objectives

- Visit Saint Pauli's Lighthouse (X: 7.553, Y: 8.725) in Piccabeen Bay.

Rewards
100 gm$
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Retracing Dawg's steps
Spoiler:
You enter the lighthouse, but to your surprise you find no sign of Dawg or any other human being. You do however spot a note on the floor. Dawg's ambiguous nature is clearly reflected by the contents of the note itself. You see only three words clearly written in bold letters on the parchment: "Prove your worth."
Objectives

- ID tracks or droppings from a Water Buffalo.
- Spot a Water Buffalo.

Rewards
200 gm$
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. In the swamps. they roam
Spoiler:
Realizing that the only way to get Dawg to show himself is to hunt a few of the beasts that he's after, you track a few of them and prepare your weapons for the hunt. Dawg seems like a respectable man but his criteria for a meeting are proving to be quite arduous. Nevertheless, you depart deeper into the swamps, weapon in hand, to skillfully prove your worth to the legendary bull hunter.
Objectives

- Harvest a male Water Buffalo.
- Harvest a female Water Buffalo.

Rewards
300 gm$

4. Honorary horns
Spoiler:
Despite your efforts, Dawg still makes no appearance. You feel in your gut that he is indeed always watching. He brings back memories of the start of your hunting career, hunting together with Doc, but at the same time not with Doc. You realize that just like Doc, he is both nowhere and everywhere. You shake off your discomfort and decide that the only way to make him notice you is to hunt a big one. Surely that will bring Dawg out of hiding.
Objectives

- Harvest an unspooked Water Buffalo with a score of 180 or higher.

Rewards
400 gm$

5. Brute force required
Spoiler:
Your act of slaughtering the bovinae seems to anger the water buffalo around you. It's as though they have accepted your declaration of war, just as you accepted Dawg's challenge. As the stakes rise you feel an adrenaline rush. You decide to confront them head-on: beast versus beast.
Objectives

- Harvest a charging Water Buffalo.

Rewards
600 gm$

6. So many horns, so little time
Spoiler:
The adrenaline rush dwindles and leaves you feeling empty. You put your life on the line yet still feel an insatiable need to prove your worth. Dawg still makes no appearance and this leaves you in a state of dismay. After a moment of pondering how to bring Dawg out from hiding, you realize that sometimes strength is not all that's needed to prove oneself. Sometimes speed is paramount.
Objectives

- Harvest a male Water Buffalo in the same hunt.
- Harvest another male Water Buffalo in the same hunt.

Rewards
800 gm$

7. The bigger they are, the harder they fall
Spoiler:
As you take down that second water buffalo with exceptional speed and marksmanship, you notice a glimmer in the distance. You look up towards the far-off lighthouse, shocked, only to notice a man peering at you with binoculars in hand. You've caught his attention; Dawg finally recognizes your skills. A final tribute is required to gain audience with the elusive man.
Objectives

- First, harvest an unspooked Water Buffalo with a weight of 700 kg (Approx. 1874 lbs) or higher using the .340 Weatherby Magnum Bolt Action Rifle.
- Then, harvest another unspooked Water Buffalo but with a weight of 900 kg (Approx. 1984 lbs) or higher using the .340 Weatherby Magnum Bolt Action Rifle.

Rewards
1000 gm$

8. Stand tall and fear nothing
Spoiler:
"You've done well," says the dark-skinned, bearded man with a bandana wrapped around his head. He eyes you head to toe and smirks. "Your challenge ain't over just yet. I have a few more things I need to confirm with you, hunter." As he says this he shows you a picture of a water buffalo with the most impressive horns you've ever seen. He says no more, but in that moment, with your weapon in hand, you know exactly what you need to do.
Objectives

- Harvest a charging Water Buffalo with a score of 200 or higher while standing.

Rewards
1200 gm$

9. Even small fries can pack a punch
Spoiler:
"You know, for such a small person, you sure know how to bring down an army of buffaloes." You have proven your mettle to Dawg and he recognizes you for it. He then pulls out a golden .454 Revolver from the back of his pants and shoots between some trees in the swamps without looking. To your shock, a Water Buffalo immediately falls over from behind the trees just as the smoke clears from his revolver's barrel. "You've gotten this far, can you bring yourself further?". After a moment of silence, you accept his challenge.
Objectives

- Harvest a Water Buffalo with one shot using any .454 revolver.

Rewards
1800 gm$

10. A new legend is born (Singleplayer)
Spoiler:
"You got *****, hunter. You done good. Real good," Dawg says, clapping slowly. He takes a cigarette from his left jacket pocket, lights it and begins smoking. He inconsiderately blows smoke in your general direction. "Have you heard of the Ravager Buffalo? Legends say she roams these parts," he says as he throws his cigarette right past your right cheek. "She's over there towards the north, waiting for you. I've had my moments with 'er but she left quite a deep scar on me. I'm leaving this last challenge in your hands. You better hurry though, she doesn't stay in one place for too long." Without hesitation you make way for the beachside towards the north.
Objectives

- Harvest the "Ravager Buffalo" by the large beach north of Piccabeen Bay (X: 6.273, Y: 6.330) at under 10 meters (Approx. 32 feet) while it's charging.

Rewards
3600 gm$
Last edited by Andhii on November 8th, 2018, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Andhii, thanks for the info, but I think it might be worth reconsidering hiding most of your last post inside a spoiler alert button, how about you? ;)
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

JimboCrow wrote:Andhii, thanks for the info, but I think it might be worth reconsidering hiding most of your last post inside a spoiler alert button, how about you? ;)
For some reason, years after using these forums, I only now spotted the spoiler button on the editor. Previosly I tought using that spoiler function you needed some sort of wizardy to do it but, now since you made me think of it, I know a dummy like me can also use it :D
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Andhii wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:Andhii, thanks for the info, but I think it might be worth reconsidering hiding most of your last post inside a spoiler alert button, how about you? ;)
For some reason, years after using these forums, I only now spotted the spoiler button on the editor. Previosly I tought using that spoiler function you needed some sort of wizardy to do it but, now since you made me think of it, I know a dummy like me can also use it :D
You have only removed the description, the objectives are still visible :)
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

fantamichele wrote:
Andhii wrote:
I got it working as intended for now, wanted to hide the part majority of people aren't interested in. Not gonna bother my remaining brain cells to tidy this up since it's already kinda of a wrong place to post the missions anyways :lol:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Andhii wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
Andhii wrote:
I got it working as intended for now, wanted to hide the part majority of people aren't interested in. Not gonna bother my remaining brain cells to tidy this up since it's already kinda of a wrong place to post the missions anyways :lol:
Ok, just a question, I'm on mission 10, the buffalo to catch is that ugly female who is on the beach? :D

Edit: I have just finished the mission, I confirm that it is the female who is on the beach ;)

Return to “Missions”