.308 Wolvesbane and other weapon missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
BearJohnson
Hunter

.308 Wolvesbane and other weapon missions

Post by BearJohnson »

Is the wolvesbane pistol going to be rolled into the rival or highwayman missions?

I just wanna plan out which weapons I need to purchase to run all the missions.

Is there a big prize for doing all missions? (other than a BUTTLOAD of gm$)

Suggestions:

Each weapon should have it's own series of missions (including all permitted critters)
Perhaps calibers as well...
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Andhii
Scout

Re: .308 Wolvesbane and other weapon missions

Post by Andhii »

Before releasing the Halloween event, the 2nd to last Red Deer mission had the following objectives;
- Harvest a Red Deer using a .308 Single Shot Handgun from under 30 meter. (still says so on wiki)

After Halloween event got released the mission got changed to;
- Harvest a Red Deer using a .308 "Rival" Handgun from under 30 meter.

And the last Brown bear mission also states you need the Rival handgun for it. To me it looks like they assumed many people to get the Wolfsbane thrue completing the missions and didn't want the Red Deer mission to be done with it, instead forcing players to buy the Rival.

Not too long ago they also made a change that all the Redfeather Falls travel missions are not SINGLEPLAYER only. I even submitted a ticket asking if this was a mistake but apparently it's intented. I can understand a mission being limited to singleplayer if there's a specific animal spawning for it, like the goldilocks but other than that, having missions marked for singleplayer only where you need to buy a rather bizzare gun to do the mission and never use the weapon again is pretty weird. Having a whole mission pack limited to singleplayer is just player harrasment. And this is coming from someone whos been "stuck" with only 5 missions left for a long time now.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Postby Andhii » Yesterday, 10:12 am

And the last Brown bear mission also states you need the Rival handgun for it. To me it looks like they assumed many people to get the Wolfsbane thrue completing the missions and didn't want the Red Deer mission to be done with it, instead forcing players to buy the Rival.
I really doubt that players who already have the WB Pistol will buy the Rival only for this mission as long this 2 pistols are identical except the skin.I understand buying a weapon for a specific mission as long as you can still use it in the future but what's the point to own 2 identical weapons?
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

mission 7 from Nosler missions will be work for sure (Harvest a Whitetail Deer with a heart shot using .308 ammunition.) and of course part of mission 10 from Nosler missions too ( Harvest another Roe Deer using .308 ammunition in the same hunt. ).

Now to Brown and Red Deer missions... i have Rival but im completly sure .308 "Highwayman" Handgun will work still to this missions (bcz why not? its same pistol )... Wolfsbane is mythical pistol and in this i can understand they (EW) can say... mythical pistol its not same than others pistol with same caliber (you also cant load silver amunition to Rival).
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

If they will restrict this missions only for .308 handgun Rival maybe in the future we will have other mission restrictions like - Compound Bow "Pulsar" Winter Camo, etc.
Post by Eraser_SK » Today, 12:55 pm
Wolfsbane is mythical pistol and in this i can understand they (EW) can say... mythical pistol its not same than others pistol with same caliber (you also cant load silver amunition to Rival).
But we have bows that can shoot Cupid Arrows and they are still available for missions with normal arrows so I don't see any logic in restricting the missions to what amunition a weapon can take, silver bullets, cupid arrows, etc.
If I'm not wrong I think this will be the first missions restricted to a weapon skin which in my opinion is stupid, but it's a first time for everything as it was with RF travel mission restricted to single player only, maybe more will follow, "a good way to encourage team play "...
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Is nothing more than trying to force players to buy a gun they don't want, or need.
Spoiler:
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

INTIMID883R wrote:Is nothing more than trying to force players to buy a gun they don't want, or need.
Agree... same with Longbow or muzzleloader for me. I dont need them for hunt, i dont want them... but with missions i was pushed to buy them. Sometime help me good people with Inline Muzzleloader but i lost pation and buy this items... after missions i used them minimal or none.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

HawkEye81 wrote:If they will restrict this missions only for .308 handgun Rival maybe in the future we will have other mission restrictions like - Compound Bow "Pulsar" Winter Camo, etc.
Requesting the exact skin is new to me too and definitely calls for multiplayer. But then you need to find someone who has exactly this weapon. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Bear, you don't need to buy every weapon to complete missions. You can though. Missions require only that you harvest the animal. Do a MP with someone who has the gun or bow, and they can shoot it, you harvest it.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Nope.
I saw MANY Guilds destroyed by Raiding failures in WoW over the many years I played.
I do not play well with others.
Just bought the .22 pistol and the 8X57 Anshultz for missions.
I have a list of all the weapons needed to fulfil all the missions so far - with hashmarks for how many times each weapon is used.
I am buying them as needed, as most used.
Granted the .22 is not thee most used - But IRL my fav pistol is the ruger mkii... I have a few.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Return to “Missions”