From eyes to trigger (Micro H-1 sight)

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Andhii
Scout

From eyes to trigger (Micro H-1 sight)

Post by Andhii »

I'v been stuck on this mission for a while since I do not own the micro H-1 sight and I have no intention of buying it for full prize because I will never use it, same happened with the H34L sight. So I'm looking for someone who has the required equipment for this easy mission and could cross it off for me, been sitting at 474 of 480 for a while now.

- Harvest a spooked Roe Deer using a 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle mounted with a Aimpoint Micro H-1 sight from under 20 meter (approx. 66 ft.).
- Harvest another spooked Roe Deer using a 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle mounted with a Aimpoint Micro H-1 sight from under 20 meter (approx. 66 ft.).

If someone is willing to help, shoot me a reply or pm.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
armart1

Re: From eyes to trigger (Micro H-1 sight)

Post by armart1 »

This mission seems to be bugged.
I have made 3 kills under 10 meters and 2nd kill did not complete the mission. The third kill did not complete it either. It is stuck on the first kill.
I don't know how to make a bug report.
Hopefully someone else will be able to do it. Meantime, I hope Expansive Worlds or David Mitchel can just simply offer the reward and complete this mission for me so I can move on to the next one.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

armart1 wrote:This mission seems to be bugged.
I have made 3 kills under 10 meters and 2nd kill did not complete the mission. The third kill did not complete it either. It is stuck on the first kill.
I don't know how to make a bug report.
Hopefully someone else will be able to do it. Meantime, I hope Expansive Worlds or David Mitchel can just simply offer the reward and complete this mission for me so I can move on to the next one.
What is your hunter name? Can you link to the hunt in question?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

I had the same trouble - the Roe deer was obviously fleeing (it had made the "fleeing" sound effect, turned around and moved forward) but the animal state listed in the kill stats screen was still saying "idle". Thankfully, Ahmed from support was kind enough to sort it for me.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I have found that you can't snap kill them as soon as they spook, which we used to be able to do. Now you have to let them actually get moving away before you shoot them. I have recently confirmed this again, after realizing it the last time I did the mission. Just wait a second, and then hit them when they are "fleeing" (which is probably what the mission should say instead of "spooked.") It's a great mission. Very exciting and very rewarding!!

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/jimb ... n/94916714
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

This may be the one mission that keeps me from completing all of the missions. I just don't think I have the reflexes for it. Does anyone have any other advice for this because waiting a second isn't working for me :x
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
dougrf

Post by dougrf »

I replied in the other thread but I think it can be useful to leave my input here aswell for future reference for other hunters:

Moderators feel free to delete one of the posts if necessary.

I did it yesterday, in Hirschfelden. I used the B&C cammo e lay down to lure them very close, about 8-10 meters. In my first attempts I raised the weapon, stand up and started running in their direction, but became too close and couldn't see the direction they started running. This approach wasn't good. Then, I changed tactics and did almost the same thing except for run in their direction, just waited 2-3 seconds for them to notice me. When they spook they turn around just in front of me and start fleeing in almost the same direction they came, that was when I shot (in their general direction/center mass lol). I set the aim sensibility to max in the game settings, I guess that helps with the reflexes.

MIssion expedition: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/doug ... n/96990297
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

mel_o_mel wrote:This may be the one mission that keeps me from completing all of the missions. I just don't think I have the reflexes for it. Does anyone have any other advice for this because waiting a second isn't working for me :x
This is how it became manageable for me.
1. Lure a roe deer 10m in front of your treestand.
2. When it has arrived, exit the treestand.
3. Immediately raise your weapon and walk towards the roe deer and stand about 5m from it.
4. The moment it moves, shoot it - your reaction time will be enough time for the roe to be in spooked mode but it will not have turned and ran yet.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

dougrf wrote:I replied in the other thread but I think it can be useful to leave my input here aswell for future reference for other hunters:

Moderators feel free to delete one of the posts if necessary.

I did it yesterday, in Hirschfelden. I used the B&C cammo e lay down to lure them very close, about 8-10 meters. In my first attempts I raised the weapon, stand up and started running in their direction, but became too close and couldn't see the direction they started running. This approach wasn't good. Then, I changed tactics and did almost the same thing except for run in their direction, just waited 2-3 seconds for them to notice me. When they spook they turn around just in front of me and start fleeing in almost the same direction they came, that was when I shot (in their general direction/center mass lol). I set the aim sensibility to max in the game settings, I guess that helps with the reflexes.

MIssion expedition: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/doug ... n/96990297

I was able to get it by aiming about a body length behind them. They don't always do the same thing. Sometimes they jump forward, or straight up, and sometimes they loop around before heading back the way they came.

Thanks for your input. I'm so happy to have this one out of the way.
HooCairs wrote:
mel_o_mel wrote:This may be the one mission that keeps me from completing all of the missions. I just don't think I have the reflexes for it. Does anyone have any other advice for this because waiting a second isn't working for me :x
This is how it became manageable for me.
1. Lure a roe deer 10m in front of your treestand.
2. When it has arrived, exit the treestand.
3. Immediately raise your weapon and walk towards the roe deer and stand about 5m from it.
4. The moment it moves, shoot it - your reaction time will be enough time for the roe to be in spooked mode but it will not have turned and ran yet.

If you hit them too soon it won't register, but I got it by anticipating where they were going to be (usually back the way they came).

Thanks for the help!
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)

Return to “Missions”