Summer Fiesta (historical resumé)

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Summer Fiesta (historical resumé)

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Eraser_SK wrote:Missions are fun... and i think for someone hard, for someone unfair and for some hardcore players easy. Im little unhappy with mission where you need specific gun (i have it, but i think there is still lot of people who will unhappy with this fact). If you write muzzleloader or bow im ok with this... but .45-70 or .450 or just Longbow its over this line. Summer fiesta missions i expect challenging or near impossible. Only than you can enjoy this feeling you make it but if you make this impossible without buying specific gun its no more funny anymore.

Sry for my poor english :D ;)

I have to agree 100%. I am still buying equipment and don't have most of the stuff that was needed to complete these missions. Makes me glad that I gave up on them early. :lol:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
kw4life

Post by kw4life »

well, i finally got the first mission pack done. nothing like a mission pack thats suppose to be fun that becomes a 2 week full time job. ya'll have "fun" with the other 2 sets, I'm done. got the first done of the next set and looked at the list, long shots with no scope. sorry old eyes like mine need the scopes, that why i buy them. Hope the rest of you enjoy these.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

kw4life wrote:well, i finally got the first mission pack done. nothing like a mission pack thats suppose to be fun that becomes a 2 week full time job. ya'll have "fun" with the other 2 sets, I'm done. got the first done of the next set and looked at the list, long shots with no scope. sorry old eyes like mine need the scopes, that why i buy them. Hope the rest of you enjoy these.
The next set is easy except for the last objective in the final mission and that is only because the grizzly bear is now a coward and it is hard to get him to charge.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

kw4life wrote:well, i finally got the first mission pack done. nothing like a mission pack thats suppose to be fun that becomes a 2 week full time job.
And that's why I didn't even start them. They were designed to be hard work, not fun.

Congrats to you for getting the first. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

well im stuck at this mission and im officially give up :D
Gray1977

Post by Gray1977 »

What gun are you fellas using for Aim for the Sun?

Aim for the Sun
Harvest an Alpine Ibex with one shot at over 215 meters (Approx. 705 feet) without using a scope.

I thought White Death was hard until I got to this one. Even when I take a clue from the name and try to highlight them on a horizon shot against the sky, I still find this to be kind of a luck shot for me. The animal is no more than a large dot on my screen. I have a big screen monitor on high res so I can't blame it on hardware performance. I am trying the .300, but so far I haven't hit anything. I rangefinder it to 220m+ (giving a bit extra for good measure), get as good a horizon shot as I can, stance down for steadiness, time my breathing, and let fly. I am being patient and thoughtful, but still no dice. Any advice would be swell. I have a lot of different guns to play with, and willing to get another if need be. I thought perhaps some guns might be better suited to iron sighting the ibex ethically.

As for these missions being fun, I don't know if I would call them "fun" but I would call them challenging, and completing them is rewarding. I had a profound sense of accomplishment when I finally knocked out White Death (also the backstory of the sniper behind the name of the mission was super cool). I definitely get a rush when I finish one.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I did this mission with the 9.3X74R.
Time taken to complete the mission seven minutes :D

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mich ... n/82184075
Gray1977

Post by Gray1977 »

Good call, I switched to my drilling rifle, dropped my mouse sensitivity a little to ease movement, and knocked it right out. Good tip. Thank you. The sight was way easier to see with.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Gray1977 wrote:Good call, I switched to my drilling rifle, dropped my mouse sensitivity a little to ease movement, and knocked it right out. Good tip. Thank you. The sight was way easier to see with.
i did it with kar98k... .300 doesnt work for me.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Summer Fiesta 2018

Martin's Trial by Fire
Mission 1: A Simple Task
Harvest an unspooked Moose with a heart shot. Other organs may not be hit.
Harvest another unspooked Moose with a heart shot at over 40 meters (Approx. 131 feet). Other organs may not be hit.

Mission 2 : What does the fox truly say?
First, ID a call from a Red Fox in the same hunt.
Then, harvest an unspooked Red Fox between 10 and 15 meters (Approx. 32 and 49 feet) while standing in the same hunt.

Mission 3: White Death
Harvest a Dall Sheep at over 150 meters (Approx. 492 feet) with a brain shot while using any scope.
Then, harvest another Dall Sheep at over 170 meters (Approx. 557 feet) with a brain shot while using any scope.
Finally, harvest another Dall Sheep at over 190 meters (Approx. 623 feet) with a brain shot while using any scope.

Mission 4: Would you like to try my Poronkaristys?
At any time, harvest a male Reindeer at 100% Harvest Value with a weight of 140 kg (Approx. 308 lbs) or higher while using any ethical muzzleloader.
At any time, harvest a female Reindeer at 100% Harvest Value with a score of 260 or higher while using any ethical muzzleloader.

Mission 5: El Bobogato
Harvest a Bobcat between 90 meters (Approx. 295 feet) and 100 meters (Approx. 328 feet).

Batpats's Trial by Pain

Mission 1: Legend of the Four Horsebulls
First, harvest a Water Buffalo with either a .45-70 or a .405 round.
Then, harvest a male Water Buffalo with either a .45-70 or a .405 round.
Then, harvest a charging male Water Buffalo with either a .45-70 or a .405 round.
Finally, harvest a charging male Water Buffalo shot at under 13 meters (Approx. 42 feet) with either a .45-70 or a .405 round.

Mission 2: Luck or Chance
Harvest two Blacktail Deer within 5 minutes of each harvest. The last deer must have a score of 140 or higher.

Mission 3: Aim for the Sun
Harvest an Alpine Ibex with one shot at over 215 meters (Approx. 705 feet) without using a scope.

Mission 4: Prove your Worth
Harvest an unspooked Rocky Mountain Elk that has at least 14 typical points at 100% Harvest Value without using any tower, treestand, blind or shooting tripod rest. You must be standing when you take the shot.

Mission 5: Concentration of the Dragon
At any time, harvest a fleeing Feral Hog shot between 25 meters (Approx. 82 feet) and 40 meters (Approx. 131 feet) using any Bow or Crossbow.
At any time, harvest a fleeing Feral Goat shot between 20 meters (Approx. 65 feet) and 40 meters (Approx. 131 feet) using any Bow or Crossbow.
At any time, harvest a charging Grizzly Bear shot in the brain at under 5 meters (Approx. 16 feet) using any Bow or Crossbow.

TreeKiwi's Trial by Insanity
"Mission 1:
My Simple Task"
Kill two Whitetail Deer instantly with one shot.

Mission 2: Kiwi Goose Replica
Harvest an airborne Magpie Goose with one shot using any Compound Bow.

Mission 3: Let's take a closer look!
Harvest an airborne Willow Ptarmigan with a score of 600 or higher shot at under 15 meters (Approx. 49 feet) while using a scope.
Harvest an airborne Rock Ptarmigan with a score of 500 or higher shot at under 15 meters (Approx. 49 feet) while using a scope.
Harvest an airborne White-tailed Ptarmigan with a score of 400 or higher shot at under 15 meters (Approx. 49 feet) while using a scope.

Mission 4: Eye of the Tuatara
At any time, harvest an unspooked Bighorn Sheep shot under 15 meters in the brain.
At any time, harvest an unspooked Roosevelt Elk shot between 30 meters (Approx. 98 feet) and 31 meters (Approx. 102 feet) in the brain.
At any time, harvest a fleeing Bison shot between 40 meters (Approx. 131 feet) and 60 meters (Approx. 197 feet) in the brain.

Mission 5: True Definition of Insanity
Harvest an airborne Pheasant between 10 and 15 meters (Approx. 33 and 49 feet) with a Longbow.

Return to “Missions”