Goose with a Longbow. Help!

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Goose with a Longbow. Help!

Post by INTIMID883R »

Damnnnnnn!!! Can I have some of that money?
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if i have time tomorrow might give it ago.i will give it away to people if i get it.cheers for the offer. ;)

saying that tony is also interested maybe we do a joint mp have some fun.upto you david. :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Mackie, don't give up! It took me 216 shots!

I know how to make them glide right to the blind as well, that was not the problem. The problem in SP is that you must use the short range caller to get them on the glide path. So, imagine trying to honk that thing once or twice just as they are circling getting ready to turn..one or two will almost always come right to you. Now..the hard part in SP...put the caller down, pick up the bow, draw it and shoot...before they've either landed in the blind or are on there way to the heavens. Lots of these guys with buddies in MP doing the calling for them, did it easy. Meh..

That long bow is god awful slow..doesn't help.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

what you do is sit in a corner of your blind.go crouched.when they break you let them turn in and then close call.just keep close calling until they about 50-80m away and just drifting straight onto you.if you get them at the right height its just a pull back the bow and bang.they will literally fly on your head or just in front of your blind. to improve your chances wait for a group of birds to be close to each other.this often happens.so 2-3 goose literally stuck together.so then you have a bigger target.

the key is waiting for the right shot.dont shoot at everything.you just want the bird to glide straight towards you and as close as possible.then its pretty simple.shot geese ducks out the sky at obscene ranges.once you get the range right with the bow its not to bad.

older video but some people off here with me shooting with various bows.maybe help.

Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

I do not know if my previous update post was good or not. I want to say thank you everyone! All the advice here led me to evaluate timing, calling, blind placement and not giving up. Which I wasn't anyway I wasn't moving to m next hunt until I got this:
https://imgur.com/U6Hc20x (didn't embed cause my pic is huge and bright!) I can remember one other time gaming where I felt that much elation. Collapsing the bridge in Super Mario! I practiced and practiced with that bow. Getting my aim point right and working form various ranges. Then tonight I did a warm up and launched. My second flight called them in perfect, perfect paths right at me and WHAM! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS was heard in the house at 1am. Really all you advise was applied to success! Off to the next challenge and you people are a great bunch! Glad to be a part of the community. I watch youre Vids all the time Ron! I know a YouTube star... MOM get my camera!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Congrats, Mackie! :) There's nothing like a feeling of accomplishment.
Image Image Image
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Well done Mackie! There is simply nothing like the rush you get when you finally make a shot with a Bow that you have been working hard to accomplish.
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Way to go Mackie! Congrats on your achievement. Especially if you did it in Single Player.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

congrats Mackie ! glad you got your goose :D
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Way to go Mackie! Congrats on your achievement. Especially if you did it in Single Player.
Single player all on my own with fierce determination! I enjoy multiplayer with my brother. I am mainly a solo hunter who likes to challenge himself. Though I have been considering hosting some bird and stand hunts for hunters who may not have the gear to do them but own at least the weapons.

Return to “Missions”