UHC Mission Furs Things First Missi2

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: UHC Mission Furs Things First Missi2

Post by Villkatta »

stancomputerhunter wrote:And of course the one OldSnake just finished. I have tried that mission 14 times, and at no time have I even found 1 Golden Chanterelle. Marc's advice, "by the water" is not true for me. In those 14 tries, I found only 1 RME at 375+. Another mission that is just pure luck if you do it.
You can find the mushrooms everywhere. I found one of mine in the forest on the east side of the map, and the other on a hill west of the river. Took me 2 irl hours. The next hunt I found two of them 5m apart by the water. :roll: All were found in green areas on the map. You just have to run around with the HM in your hand and hope it beeps.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I mean no disrespect to anyone about finding the mushrooms. What do you guys think I've been doing, sitting in the lodge looking at my pink Albinos? :lol:

Seriously, the day I got a 388 Elk (May 12th) I ran for 11,700 meters trying to find even ONE Golden Chanterelle. Didn't happen.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I tried to do this mission several times, I never succeeded and I abandoned it.
This afternoon I returned to Timbergold to recover some of the equipment to be moved to another reserve.
While I was running like crazy I found the 2 mushrooms and 2 Elk, score 385 and 401.
Mission completed :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

fantamichele wrote:I tried to do this mission several times, I never succeeded and I abandoned it.
This afternoon I returned to Timbergold to recover some of the equipment to be moved to another reserve.
While I was running like crazy I found the 2 mushrooms and 2 Elk, score 385 and 401.
I hate you. :P

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
fantamichele wrote:I tried to do this mission several times, I never succeeded and I abandoned it.
Well, if you ever want an extra mushroom-hunter on the team - you know how to reach me ;)

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Villkatta wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
Well, if you ever want an extra mushroom-hunter on the team - you know how to reach me ;)
Very nice offer, Villkatta. I'd probably be waking you up in the middle of the night! :D

Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I mean no disrespect to anyone about finding the mushrooms. What do you guys think I've been doing, sitting in the lodge looking at my pink Albinos? :lol:

Seriously, the day I got a 388 Elk (May 12th) I ran for 11,700 meters trying to find even ONE Golden Chanterelle. Didn't happen.
Stan, I tried this mission more than a dozen times before I finally succeeded. Each time that I found a Chanterelle or two, I couldn't find a big enough Elk. Each time that I got a big enough Elk, I couldn't find a Chanterelle. On July 31st, I harvested a 377.165 Elk and found a Chanterelle. I switched from animal hunting mode to mushroom hunting mode, trying to find that 2nd Chanterelle. While mushroom hunting, I ran into another Elk that scored 403.463. I ran out of daylight before I could find another Chanterelle and it was getting late. I fast traveled back to a lodge when the time ran out at 1900, parked myself on the porch, left the game running, and went to bed. Got up in the morning, fast traveled to a tent and didn't have to walk more than 200 meters before I heard that magical sound on my Huntermate and bingo, it was my 2nd Chanterelle! ;)

I'm not rubbing it in. I'm just trying to help you out by sharing what I had to do to get it done. Wish you luck.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Missions”