A Simple Deer Bagatelle

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
ApolloCreed
Spotter

A Simple Deer Bagatelle

Post by ApolloCreed »

This mission from the new Easter mission pack isn't working.

Twice I have identified the call of a male red deer. Then after, killing it with a single shot in the same hunt with both lungs being hit. I did it once, got angry for not getting credit, then did it a second time, and yet again, no credit for completing the task.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: A Simple Deer Bagatelle

Post by fantamichele »

ApolloCreed wrote:This mission from the new Easter mission pack isn't working.

Twice I have identified the call of a male red deer. Then after, killing it with a single shot in the same hunt with both lungs being hit. I did it once, got angry for not getting credit, then did it a second time, and yet again, no credit for completing the task.
Are you sure you're doing the right mission? My mission says to find Easter eggs and that's it.

p.s.: I have now seen the new missions apologize.
Patrick Enz
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Patrick Enz »

Hello ApolloCreed! We were not able to replicate this on our side. Did you perhaps not press the Activate Mission button for the Bagatelle mission in the Missions Tab?
Patrick Enz I Game Designer
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Patrick Enz wrote:

Hello ApolloCreed! We were not able to replicate this on our side. Did you perhaps not press the Activate Mission button for the Bagatelle mission in the Missions Tab?

I also did this mission, I captured the deer with a double blow to the lung, the pop-up appeared that I had finished the mission.
But I can not go on because in the page of the missions tells me that the female deer is missing.
When I identified the call I caught the deer but it was just a single lung, then I identified the call of another female deer and hit it with a double lung.
I am attaching the link of the historic hunting for confirmation. Thank you

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mich ... n/80499247
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

I just had the same problem, but I think I know the answer. The mission does not accept hit to the shoulder blade.
It finally accepted the mission when I got a male and female with a clean shot to both lungs.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... n/80500782

ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

Patrick Enz wrote:

The mission was activated of course. I got the pop up for getting the male red deer call, then shot both lungs. Twice I did this. I'm submitting a ticket since I did what was stated in the objective.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Mission done here with 2 clean shots too :

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/fr_b ... n/80517711
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

It took me quite a few kills to get done. From what I could tell, I had to identify the call of the same animal before shooting it. Or maybe that was just coincidence.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

It does not have to be the same animal, I identified the call of the Wapiti yesterday and today I caught one. Even with the red deer it was the same.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Did you also ID its call beforehand? With me I got a couple doublelungs without IDing call, even though the "call" part had registered complete.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/thes ... /598341735

This one did not count even though I had ID'd male calls.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/thes ... /598341735

This one I ID'd its call beforehand, shot it, and it counted.

In other words, the mission objective "ID call" can complete in a different hunt, but unless the animal you lung-shot also had its call IDd, it won't count for the kill. That at least was my experience.

Return to “Missions”