Warriors of the fields (Cottontail Rabbit missions)

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
mikerolf1
Spotter

Warriors of the fields (Cottontail Rabbit missions)

Post by mikerolf1 »

I just wasted over 1 hr. real time running around Logger's Point trying to do this mission.

Does anyone understand what exactly I am looking for here?

Thanx
strandjutter
Scout

Re: Warriors of the fields (Cottontail Rabbit missions)

Post by strandjutter »

i think you have to go to the given coördinates and spot a rabbit and a coyote around there, maybe kill a view. you wil get a popup then
no need to go running around just find a good spot to spot those annimals !

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Go to the Three Lakes area on Logger's Point and investigate how the war between Cottontail Rabbits and Coyotes is going. Check out some strange reports coming out of somewhere close to these coordinates: x -9509, y 5756.

I would say that is quite simple, you have to find something in the vicinity of the coordinates
mikerolf1
Spotter

Post by mikerolf1 »

fantamichele wrote: I would say that is quite simple, you have to find something in the vicinity of the coordinates
"find something" is not simple, it's vague. I am asking if anyone can give me an Idea of what EXACTLY I am trying to find, so I don't waste another hour.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

mikerolf1 wrote:
fantamichele wrote: I would say that is quite simple, you have to find something in the vicinity of the coordinates
"find something" is not simple, it's vague. I am asking if anyone can give me an Idea of what EXACTLY I am trying to find, so I don't waste another hour.
If I remember correctly, you just need to go to those coordinates and that's all. At least there should be a popup that's self explanatory. Did you go to that spot in a SP game? Did nothing happen at all, no popup window?
Image Image Image
mikerolf1
Spotter

Post by mikerolf1 »

Tanngnjostr wrote: Did you go to that spot in a SP game? Did nothing happen at all, no popup window?
That is correct.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

mikerolf1 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: Did you go to that spot in a SP game? Did nothing happen at all, no popup window?
That is correct.
That's weird. As far as I remember, you just go to those coordinates (maybe roam around the area for a bit), then a popup window appears and that's all - the mission is done! Only works in single player, but no other requirements.
Since I already got this mission done, I can't test it right now.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to try it one last time and then open a bug report. There are some travel missions that seem to have issues with given coordinates (thinking of "Dropping dropping dropping"), maybe this one is affected too and needs looking at.
Image Image Image
mikerolf1
Spotter

Post by mikerolf1 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
mikerolf1 wrote:
That is correct.
That's weird. As far as I remember, you just go to those coordinates (maybe roam around the area for a bit), then a popup window appears and that's all - the mission is done! Only works in single player, but no other requirements.
Since I already got this mission done, I can't test it right now.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to try it one last time and then open a bug report. There are some travel missions that seem to have issues with given coordinates (thinking of "Dropping dropping dropping"), maybe this one is affected too and needs looking at.
Thank you. I am going to restart and try one more time, then I will submit a bug report.

I am glad you were able to complete the mission, at least I know it can be done.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I did this mission 3 years ago, are you sure you have not found traces of coyote or rabbit? Maybe a half-eaten rabbit?
By chance, someone who has done this mission recently can help? Thank you
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

mikerolf1 wrote:I am glad you were able to complete the mission, at least I know it can be done.
I've done that mission maybe two years ago, so it is possible that some later changes in the code created those problems you are having. Try it again and if it doesn't work, a bug report is the best you can do. Also, you can send a message to support and they will be able to manually check that mission off for you - this way, you can at least carry on with the set while they are trying to fix it.
Image Image Image

Return to “Missions”