Halloween missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
zajcek99

Re: Halloween missions

Post by zajcek99 »

Can anyone help with mission #10? Where should i search for Gilles werewolfe?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:Mine just come straight to my tree stand, sniff, and scent me, then flee.
Strange, because it worked like a charm for me. It seems that once they see (or smell?) the carcass, they will ignore the position that the call came from - just like the turkeys do when they see a decoy. I had my tripod 20 meters from the carcass and the animals were all going straight to the dead elk and instantly started feeding on it. Only in one case my tripod was right between the wolf and the carcass - the animal got too close to me and ran away this time.

Only two missions left and number 9 shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm positive about having that trophy and shirt at the end of the event. Seems like the second mission definitely is the bottleneck in this set.
I got the three lungs shots easy after I finally found a place where they were. Tossed up a TS and called them in to about 20m from the tree..in some cases they stand right under it if you call again after you get back in the TS. Right between the shoulders back just a smidge is a lung shot from above. On #8 now. Should be easy to find two brown pumpkins.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:Mine just come straight to my tree stand, sniff, and scent me, then flee.
Strange, because it worked like a charm for me. It seems that once they see (or smell?) the carcass, they will ignore the position that the call came from - just like the turkeys do when they see a decoy. I had my tripod 20 meters from the carcass and the animals were all going straight to the dead elk and instantly started feeding on it. Only in one case my tripod was right between the wolf and the carcass - the animal got too close to me and ran away this time.

Only two missions left and number 9 shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm positive about having that trophy and shirt at the end of the event. Seems like the second mission definitely is the bottleneck in this set.
They always run right to my stand, but aye I do call from WITHIN the stand. I can get out, and call, but my stand's location in TgT's current darkness means half the time when I get down I spook animals I didn't know were there :roll:

I got them in the end, of course.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Just finished my Halloween Missions a lil while ago. The hardest part for me was that 13pt Elk. Took me nearly all day Saturday to complete that one :evil: The rest are easy by comparison. I did get eaten a few times trying to check out the werewolves but they're easy to avoid. All in all I did enjoy the missions but now I'm ready to get out of the dark ;)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Bambilinoo
Tracker

Post by Bambilinoo »

I can only get 10 or 12 points. Are the one reacquired very rare?
I am having a very hard time. x)
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Hawkeye wrote:I used the 10 gauge with slugs to get those wolf lung shots. Made it much easier.
I used a crossbow and killed 3 in 3 min hunt. Made it much easier. ;)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Levado wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I used the 10 gauge with slugs to get those wolf lung shots. Made it much easier.
I used a crossbow and killed 3 in 3 min hunt. Made it much easier. ;)
I used my .300 Bolt Action Rifle Composite. Didn't have any trouble attaining those lung shots with shots to the chest as they came towards me after calling to them ;)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

zajcek99 wrote:Can anyone help with mission #10? Where should i search for Gilles werewolfe?
I don't think Gilles is any one particular werewolfe - I wrapped it up with quite the anticlimactic ending on the first one.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
neonpossum
Tracker

Post by neonpossum »

This event is so awesome! I just wish I found out about it earlier than last night, haha! I don't think I'm going to have time to complete it all at this point!
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

LittleLeeloo wrote:I can only get 10 or 12 points. Are the one reacquired very rare?
I am having a very hard time. x)
Yeah a 13 point can be hard to find in that fog. But with some patience you will really get one.

Some people just join someone's game and have directly a big elk in front of them. Others search for hours to get a 13 pointer. Just keep searching, you will get one ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “Missions”