Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Seifer
Hunter

Re: Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Post by Seifer »

Finally found the right blonde! Just kept at it. Tracked down every female track I came across in that area and I finally found the right one after harvesting more than 80 black bears trying to figure this mission out.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

And the same for me at last! I picked up (yet another) female trail just tot he north of the coordinates given in the mission; this in itself was rare by the way after several dozen attempts at this mission. The tracks went north, hit the boundary then curved west to the sea then south along the shore as I finally caught up with the bear. She was clearly not black, more like cinnamon.

The spawning for this mission seems erratic and doesn't do what the mission description states. One or the other need to change please.

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

And from the updates for 31 January:

- Fix for ‘Illegally Blonde’ mission not spawning the right variant of Black Bear.

So after much debate, it was bugged after all. Custard or cream with your pie caledonianblues? :D :D :D :D

The main thing is that it is fixed again. Thanks team.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Roger_Mellie wrote:Custard or cream with your pie caledonianblues?
No pie for me thanks. That offer was only valid for a week :)

Martin (QA manager) and I had real problems reproducing the issue. As you saw, I reset the mission and completed it again, first time, no issues. I guess the random nature of the bug made it easy for some and tough for others. Ultimately though, a bug can only be considered a bug if it can be reproduced. I guess the developers kept plugging away at it until they reproduced it.
Roger_Mellie wrote:The main thing is that it is fixed again.
Agreed, although I bet the mission is going to be ridiculously easy -and boring- now.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:Agreed, although I bet the mission is going to be ridiculously easy -and boring- now.
Definitely! All of those missions lost their appeal for me now that we know that the target animals are always standing in the same spot at the start of the hunt.
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

caledonianblues wrote:
Roger_Mellie wrote:Custard or cream with your pie caledonianblues?
No pie for me thanks. That offer was only valid for a week :)

Martin (QA manager) and I had real problems reproducing the issue. As you saw, I reset the mission and completed it again, first time, no issues. I guess the random nature of the bug made it easy for some and tough for others. Ultimately though, a bug can only be considered a bug if it can be reproduced. I guess the developers kept plugging away at it until they reproduced it.
Roger_Mellie wrote:The main thing is that it is fixed again.
Agreed, although I bet the mission is going to be ridiculously easy -and boring- now.

i set a tent near the co ords in numerous different spots 30 tries not once completed.hundreds of bears seen at the exact location not one was the bear needed.i was even going to make a video on it to help others complete it lol.gave up after many hrs with no blonde bear in sight.

glad its been fixed now.will finally complete.may drink a bottle of champagne afterwards :lol:

there is one thing having it too easy but when the end target isnt even there thats just as annoying as too easy ;)
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Well at last fixed, no one can say I did not try before was fixed, here's my 3 last hunts trying the Bugged mission last night and 2 days ago
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mapa ... cs/history

32 Minutes, 28 minutes and 2 hours 3min
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

I have to agree with ronMctube; a number of us have spent a lot of our time on a mission for an animal that wasn't spawning. So it's now like the final feral hog and brown bear missions; if it's too easy perhaps a redesign of such single spawn targets to a different sort of mission could be done then?

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Roger_Mellie wrote:I have to agree with ronMctube; a number of us have spent a lot of our time on a mission for an animal that wasn't spawning. So it's now like the final feral hog and brown bear missions; if it's too easy perhaps a redesign of such single spawn targets to a different sort of mission could be done then?
Personally I would just avoid any future missions that spawn a specific animal. Even the ones that spawn the animal(s) correctly seem to cause people issues. I'm thinking about one of the old coyote missions where you had to get one (might have been a few) in a specific area in the northwest part of Whitehart Island.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I don't think this one is fixed at all. I've tried on different occasion in the past couple of days. Harvested a lot of female bear not one was blonde. EW please fix these missions. We buy certain equipment to do them to only be disgruntled 'cause the dang missions don't work as they are supposed to. :x Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Missions”