Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Bluejay
Scout

Re: Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Post by Bluejay »

Roger_Mellie wrote:A constructive point - I've tried mapping where you get the trigger message top left that you are now in the right area, and it more or less seems to be along the line of the river as you head NW. That is in some ways misleading? As David has shown the bear was south east of this line when harvested. Is this because the bear is spawned an hour in advance and has wander time, or is this an assumption we have made to explain that the bear isn't in the area of the spawn grid reference given in the mission? It doesn't work like that in the Brown Bear last mission or the Feral Hog last mission for instance - the target animal spawns in the area specified when you start the game.

Looking at where the target bear has been shot, is it spawning consistently in the wrong place perhaps, or should the target trigger message be changed plus the mission description changed?

Just another afterthought - on my longer preplanned hunts, when I have shot multiple female bears, there were no female tracks unaccounted for anywhere near the spawn point; so where is the target bear actually spawning? I think it is this last question that is causing some of us bafflement.
The target animal in numerous other missions spawns at the exact coordinates given for the mission.
The target animal does not have a one hour head start. You can spawn at the exact location and the target animal will be there. It starts roaming when you spawn.
This is how this has worked since I have been playing this game in all the missions with this mechanic. I've been through the missions like 6-8 times now.
The glacier you see at the coordinates for this mission used to be a blonde. Something has changed.
Now it seems she has a one hour head start from wherever she spawned and can be anywhere.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

been doing this one myself.seems bugged.at the location given every load in i tried a female 14-17 scoring black bear at the location.not a blonde bear.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I recently got this mission completed after many, many attempts. I had a tent 400m west of the coordinates, spawned on it, found nothing on the coordinants and decided to check along the river. Didn't take long before she walked out of the woods to cross the river for the last time.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Tezzer
Spotter

Post by Tezzer »

Got her at last.
Put a bait barrel around where she spawns. Took a few go's, but got her in the end.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Doing this mission now. On my tenth attempt or so. I have a tent right at the coordinates. As soon as I spawn the bear is right there and all I have to do is shoot but it's never a blonde, not yet anyways. If they (EW) can make a bear spawn at that location every time, can't they also specify the blonde fur variation?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Seifer wrote:Doing this mission now. On my tenth attempt or so. I have a tent right at the coordinates. As soon as I spawn the bear is right there and all I have to do is shoot but it's never a blonde, not yet anyways. If they (EW) can make a bear spawn at that location every time, can't they also specify the blonde fur variation?
It used to be the bear that spawns right at the coordinates, but not anymore. (That was too easy anyway. :D ) You could do like Tezzar and put a barrel there if you have one, otherwise you just have to track each bear in the area until you get her. But remember, she won't look blonde either, unless she's a very dirty blonde...like...brown. :? ;) Nevertheless, never give up, never ever give up! You can do it! We're pulling for you. :)
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

JimboCrow wrote:It used to be the bear that spawns right at the coordinates, but not anymore. (That was too easy anyway. :D ) You could do like Tezzar and put a barrel there if you have one, otherwise you just have to track each bear in the area until you get her. But remember, she won't look blonde either, unless she's a very dirty blonde...like...brown. :? ;) Nevertheless, never give up, never ever give up! You can do it! We're pulling for you. :)
Lol, Thanks Jimbo ;)
Spoiler:

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Oh well, since the blonde doesn't spawn there, maybe I'll just milk it. Stumbled across a good way to level up my scent hound. Body shot the bear with a bow and have my hound track it while I run after it. The bear never stops fleeing cuz I'm running after and my hound keeps racking up the points ;)
Spoiler:

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you put a bait barrel there as suggested there is loads of bears.i had about twenty tries at the spot with treestand not once has the blonde bear been anywhere near :lol:

the funny thing is there is 5 -8 bears there literally every time just not the one needed. needs to either be re worded or sorted out. i just left the mission for now.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I have placed a barrel nearby the area where the target animal is supposed to be. I am unable to place one directly at the site. Funny enough I'm able to place one about 150m from the coords provided. Not sure what attempt this is. Too many to count, lost track. The objective doesn't specify male or female but the description says she so I'm guessing it has to be female. I've come across a couple blonde males and that didn't do it. For the first time since I've started this mission I finally found a blonde female, 2 of them to be exact within 20 minutes of each other. I harvested them both and still no completion of the mission. Do they have to be near the target area? Getting annoying this mission is :evil:

Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”