Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Bluejay
Scout

Re: Mission "Illegally Blonde"

Post by Bluejay »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Epona142 wrote:I'm having the same trouble - it's always a glacier, standing in the same spot. Female. Going to try moving the tent around tomorrow.
There is always a glacier and that's weird! But... I was able to finish the mission by following the other tracks around the area and I finally found the blonde. So, to clarify: I had that glacier too (even in the hunt that was successful in the end), but I was still able to find the blonde. When I finally did it, my tent was around 300 meters from the coordinates in the mission description by the way. The blonde had already wandered off a bit, but not much.
Hey Tanngnjostr,
I've tried every thing I can to complete this mission.
I've moved my tent to different locations and distances numerous times.
I've tracked down and harvested every bear from every bear track I found in the area. No luck.
I took advantage of the reset missions sale nine days ago and reset my missions. Did all the black bear missions only to get the same result on the last one (illegally blond)
This mission is broke and I really hope they fix it soon.
Seems you got lucky finding the right bear.
Will keep trying and see what happens.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Bluejay wrote:Hey Tanngnjostr,
I've tracked down and harvested every bear from every bear track I found in the area. No luck.
I took advantage of the reset missions sale nine days ago and reset my missions. Did all the black bear missions only to get the same result on the last one (illegally blond)
I understand that the fact that I found the right bear in the end doesn't mean that the mission isn't bugged - at least sometimes for some players. Maybe the blonde is not spawned in every hunt, maybe there's something else that's wrong - that glacier is weird for sure. Even more so since that glacier doesn't seem to move at all in the one hour "head start" that every animal gets before the player spawns. I can say for sure that the blonde that finished the mission for me did use that head start, she had already roamed for 45 minutes when I found her tracks 5 minutes into the hunt.

My guess is that something's awry, but since a lot of players are able to finish the mission in the end, the problem is hard to prove or discover.

Good luck anyway, maybe you'll find that bear eventually. In real life, we don't find a blonde in every hunt either, right? ;)
Image Image Image
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I eventually finished it - took a handful more hunts, and I moved the tent out farther. The good ol glacier was in the same spot every time, but eventually I picked up a second set of female bear tracks and found the right bear at the end - she'd gone quite a good ways in the short time it took for me to mosey over from the tent.

That glacier that stands in that one spot is weird indeed. My blond bear was heading west from her location.
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Bluejay wrote:Hey Tanngnjostr,
I understand that the fact that I found the right bear in the end doesn't mean that the mission isn't bugged - at least sometimes for some players. Maybe the blonde is not spawned in every hunt, maybe there's something else that's wrong - that glacier is weird for sure. Even more so since that glacier doesn't seem to move at all in the one hour "head start" that every animal gets before the player spawns. I can say for sure that the blonde that finished the mission for me did use that head start, she had already roamed for 45 minutes when I found her tracks 5 minutes into the hunt.

My guess is that something's awry, but since a lot of players are able to finish the mission in the end, the problem is hard to prove or discover.

Good luck anyway, maybe you'll find that bear eventually. In real life, we don't find a blonde in every hunt either, right? ;)
I finally got the blond bear to complete the mission.
Did a hunt for bears at a different location on the map. Decided to check the area of the blond again.
Found a pair of female tracks west of coordinates like the person in the post before this one did.
One of those ended up being the bear to complete the mission.
I still believe this mission is bugged. It for sure is not like it used to be.
In the past, a blond spawned where the glacier does now.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Good job on getting it done, Bluejay! :)
Image Image Image
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

I have the same problem, this mission broken? all ready almost 15 times trying with (I start this mission in mid october): tent 200mts away from coordinates, FT from another tent, startint at 8, 9, 10 am, nothing EVERY time I found the same black sow bear, and 2 or 3 more around always black never the Blonde, devs please check.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Bluejay wrote:'....
I still believe this mission is bugged. It for sure is not like it used to be.
In the past, a blond spawned where the glacier does now.
Agree, I done this mission in the past a 2 or 3 times and always found the blonde around 50mts where black now spawn
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

I just wanted to ask for hints about this mission and found this thread.
I can confirm this mission can't be completed at the moment. :?

EDITED: It can eventually be completed with some workaround - some players have completed it recenty. Placing a tent close to the spawn point didn't work for me (no tracks at the given coordinates, only a female black bear close to it every time I tried).
Last edited by Longmann on November 21st, 2017, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Longmann wrote:I can confirm this mission can't be completed at the moment. :?
Bluejay confirmed just a few posts up that he recently completed it.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Longmann wrote:I can confirm this mission can't be completed at the moment. :?
Bluejay confirmed just a few posts up that he recently completed it.
Can you try it and confirm is not bugged.

Return to “Missions”